Its June 18th- And I hate Summer Already

plenzmd1

37 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Yea, and I enjoy Northern CA but I like more of a change of seasons.  Definitely somewhere I'll consider retiring to if I can somehow afford it.

I'm the kind of guy that took up steelhead fishing in part because now I look forward to the fall and spring rains.  Dreary days push steelhead in!

I've always thought that too living in New England my whole life, but gotta tell ya, the last two winters here where it never got below 40 was pretty nice!

I'd be totally fine with winter cold and snow if it ended the day after the Super Bowl.  After that, it's just two months of misery in most of the country.

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Now it’s been raining and storming for 3 freaking days.  Snow storm, you get to go outside and play. Rain for 3 days? I get nothing except soaking wet taking the dogs for a run. 

Summer is the freaking worst!

Mae could really use some rain here. It’s tough to keep the grass green at this point. 

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I've always thought that too living in New England my whole life, but gotta tell ya, the last two winters here where it never got below 40 was pretty nice!

I'd be totally fine with winter cold and snow if it ended the day after the Super Bowl.  After that, it's just two months of misery in most of the country.

Sounds nice. But there's a few problems:

1) lots of smug !@#$s.

2) insane housing prices

3) high taxes

4)crazy political climate

5)wildfires

6)earthquakes

7) traffic

Other than that, count me in!

Edited by joesixpack

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:07 PM, joesixpack said:

Sounds nice. But there's a few problems:

1) lots of smug !@#$s.

2) insane housing prices

3) high taxes

4)crazy political climate

5)wildfires

6)earthquakes

7) traffic

Other than that, count me in!

If you take out 5 and 6, isn't that New Jersey?

15 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If you take out 5 and 6, isn't that New Jersey?

3, 4 and 7 yes. Housing prices aren't nearly what they are in California, not even close. and the people here aren't smug, just mainly stupid.

Well, in south jersey anyway.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/23/2018 at 9:59 AM, KD in CA said:

It's why people like the Donner Party did what they did. Pack up and leave. Just be thankful that you didn't have to walk to California. And be doubly thankful you didn't meet a wall of snow @ Emigrant Gap and have to make hard choices about eating your neighbor or not.

Betcha you flew to Cal and played a DVD for the wife & Kidlets...

?

I am such a stick in the mud... KillJoy ...Looking @ you Shady...?

On June 20, 2018 at 9:32 AM, shrader said:

At least you can see outside.  I'm stuck in the middle of the building under an AC vent that I would swear is putting out 50 degree air.  So I freeze all day while sitting under artificial light.  When I get home and hear about how hot the day was, I'm caught completely off guard because I only got outside for about 5 minutes of that weather.

Being trapped in an office environment that is freezing cold like that is kind of my idea of being stuck in hell.

It's so common, too!  Would be nice if people could figure out how to evenly heat/cool an office space.

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It's why people like the Donner Party did what they did. Pack up and leave. Just be thankful that you didn't have to walk to California. And be doubly thankful you didn't meet a wall of snow @ Emigrant Gap and have to make hard choices about eating your neighbor or not.

Betcha you flew to Cal and played a DVD for the wife & Kidlets...

?

I am such a stick in the mud... KillJoy ...Looking @ you Shady...?

Well yeah, but it starting snowing really hard as we were leaving Tahoe in February.  Had to pull over for extra windshield fluid to make it all the way back.  Skiing was awesome though.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Being trapped in an office environment that is freezing cold like that is kind of my idea of being stuck in hell.

It's so common, too!  Would be nice if people could figure out how to evenly heat/cool an office space.

I have to leave a fleece jacket on my desk chair each day even though it's currently 90 degrees outside.  I almost need to leave some gloves here too.  And I'm a person who almost never gets cold.  At the same time, my boss's office is about 20 feet away and she's always saying it's way too hot in there.  Maybe they'll finally get it right when we move to a new building later this year.

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Well yeah, but it starting snowing really hard as we were leaving Tahoe in February.  Had to pull over for extra windshield fluid to make it all the way back.  Skiing was awesome though.

Christmas 2014 flew in SF and rented a Jeep Cherokee to go up to Squaw... Got chains @  Sacramento AutoZone...

...I don't know what the big deal was.  Pioneers, emigrants were such babies... They didn't have "snow mode" on their wagons... Pineapple Expresses WAY overrated! ?