Favorite Beatles Album

Gugny

Your Favorite Beatles Album  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Which Beatles album is your favorite (not necessarily which you think is best) and why?

• Please Please Me
    • Meet the Beatles
    • Hard Day's Night
    • Beatles For Sale
    • Help!
    • Rubber Soul
    • Revolver
    • Magical Mystery Tour
    • White Album
    • Yellow Submarine
    • Abbey Road
    • Let it Be
    • Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (out of order, but I somehow left it out)

41 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

After seeing Bohemian Rhapsody, I wondered if there will ever me a movie made of the Beatles from their formation to their breakup? Of course you'd have to get Paul, Ringo, Yoko and whomever represents George's estate to all agree to it...which means it will probably never happen.

The Queen movie was so awesome(even with the inaccuracies).  Put the Beatles story in the right hands, and do some great casting and a Beatles movie would be tremendous.

We will always have this:

On 2/8/2019 at 9:56 PM, ChevyVanMiller said:

How did this turn into a Stones thread? The Stones are wonderful for what they are, but they aren’t even close to being in a league with the greatest band of all time. Don’t believe me? Ask John. *NSFW* - Language 

Yes yes, while the Stones produced topical songs like Sympathy For The Devil, Lennon/McCartney gave us such profound tunes as ‘Hello, hello’.   Eight Days a week.  I wanna hold your hand.  ?

12 hours ago, The Senator said:

Yes yes, while the Stones produced topical songs like Sympathy For The Devil, Lennon/McCartney gave us such profound tunes as ‘Hello, hello’.   Eight Days a week.  I wanna hold your hand.  ?

You mean like while the Beatles were writing masterpieces taking on issues like civil unrest (Revolution), depression and isolation (Eleanor Rigby) and racism and the rise of the black pride movement (Blackbird), the Stones we’re cranking out such pablum-puking drivel like “Fool to Cry,” “Indian Girl,” and “Sing This Song Together?” Then I wholeheartedly agree with you. ?

On 2/22/2019 at 5:49 PM, LabattBlue said:

After seeing Bohemian Rhapsody, I wondered if there will ever me a movie made of the Beatles from their formation to their breakup? Of course you'd have to get Paul, Ringo, Yoko and whomever represents George's estate to all agree to it...which means it will probably never happen.

The Queen movie was so awesome(even with the inaccuracies).  Put the Beatles story in the right hands, and do some great casting and a Beatles movie would be tremendous.

For a while, it was an issue of getting the music rights. That's why there's so many movies about their formation and early days, because they can fill it with them singing 50s rock and roll covers. 

I had an idea the other day that would be cool if it worked. Make four bio pics, to come out within a year or so apart. Each focusing on the individual Beatle's lives, but the other three guys of course play their respective role in the film. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
25 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

favorite beatles album

Beatles_-_Abbey_Road.jpg

Nice. That's a childhood memory song for me. When I was a kid in Lancaster every Saturday it seemed I would ride with my Dad to 84 lumber, Speherer plumbing, or some place like that. It Don't Come Easy was played like every 20th song by WKBW on the AM radio in the Falcon or the old box truck. My Sweet Lord too. 

I'm Abbey Roaded out though, after hearing it probably 200 times I'm giving it and the rest of the Beatles catalog a respite. You also inspired me for a new music thread.

• Like (+1) 3

On 6/18/2018 at 12:30 AM, row_33 said:

A great “throwaway” tune that one can discover when they listen to studio albums.

there are dozens of them....

are they going to matter in 50 years?  I hope so....

I just got a "like" on this a year later.  Just watched it again.  Still matters!!!  I'm certain it will in 49 years, LOL!

42 minutes ago, T&C said:

Nice. That's a childhood memory song for me. When I was a kid in Lancaster every Saturday it seemed I would ride with my Dad to 84 lumber, Speherer plumbing, or some place like that. It Don't Come Easy was played like every 20th song by WKBW on the AM radio in the Falcon or the old box truck. My Sweet Lord too. 

I'm Abbey Roaded out though, after hearing it probably 200 times I'm giving it and the rest of the Beatles catalog a respite. You also inspired me for a new music thread.

good stuff man. AR was just my favorite of an endless library from The Beatles. 

37 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I just got a "like" on this a year later.  Just watched it again.  Still matters!!!  I'm certain it will in 49 years, LOL!

be honest, I wasn't paying attention to dates as I randomly browsed the thread. it was a cool Paul piece.

12 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

good stuff man. AR was just my favorite of an endless library from The Beatles. 

be honest, I wasn't paying attention to dates as I randomly browsed the thread. it was a cool Paul piece.

Dude, it's one of my favorite Beatles-related videos out there.  Just shows the genius of McCartney.  The final recording of the song was exactly as he laid it out in that video.  That's brilliant, to me.  I'm glad you liked it!

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I guess the thing is that the Beatles cannot nor will ever be topped. Heck, even my LP/Album grading/pricing book, when going to the B's then the Beatles... says "The greatest rock band this world will ever know".

There is at least one song that every age group will enjoy, moving on through the decades.

I would put Simon & Garfunkel in the same slot though.

Edited by T&C
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, T&C said:

I guess the thing is that the Beatles cannot nor will ever be topped. Heck, even my LP/Album grading/pricing book, when going to the B's then the Beatles... says "The greatest rock band this world will ever know".

There is at least one song that every age group will enjoy, moving on through the decades.

I would put Simon & Garfunkel in the same slot though.

I recently watched a series of videos by the Beatles spanning several years just to see their growth. You can see them maturing and getting tighter and tighter as a band.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can only imagine what this is worth, never heard of it before:

Interesting fact: John, Paul, George and Ringo made a recording a good two years before The Beatles (with drummer Pete Best) auditioned for Decca Records on January 1st ,1962. Considered another amateur recording The Beatles record only one song Gershwin’s ’Summertime’. Only nine, 78-rpm discs were cut of which only one disc is known to have survived.
Date: October 16th, 1960
Place: Hamburg, Germany
Studio: Akustik, 57 Kirchenallee
John Lennon - Guitar/Vocals
Paul McCartney - Guitar/Vocals
George Harrison - Guitar Vocals
Along with members of Rory Storm’s Hurricanes
Ringo Starr - Drums
Lou “Wally Walters - Bass/Vocals
Pete Best was not present at the recording.

Image may contain: 1 person, playing a musical instrument

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...