[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sabres & NHL 2018-19 - Preseason Game 3 @ TOR 7:30 PM ET
1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

All right! It’s never too early for a little Risto vs. Kadri.

EDIT: check that. Apparently the rumors of Risto being in the lineup tonight were incorrect. 

Edited by K-9

9-21: TSN's Darren Dreger with The Instigators on WGR (15:29)

For the first time this season, TSN's @DarrenDreger joins @TheInstigators! He joins Marty and Craig next on WGR!

Dreger - the Reinhart deal was a great one for Jason Botterill and the #Sabres. If he can sustain the production he put up late last year, that's a heck of a deal.  He's ready to turn the corner and be an impact player for Buffalo.

Dreger - It was no fun for Reinhart, or any player, to go through a holdout like that. They want to be there with teammates and want to prove their worth. He just wanted to get back and be on the ice. #Sabres

Dreger - There hasn't been any real discussion of a contract extension between the #Sabres and Jeff Skinner. They just want to play in the season a bit, see how he fits in the big picture, and then maybe they talk an extension later in the season.

Dreger - I see the #Sabres nibbling at the edge of the playoffs this year. Of course, there are questions surrounding this team with goaltending, the young players, Eichel's health, etc. I like the look of this year's team, but who's coming out of the playoff picture in the East?

I haven't had cable in 20 years and loved it- but I broke down a couple months ago and got an ok deal for internet and cable packaged.  I only wanted YES network, Bien Sports, and PBS- and after a sports package, the deal is not that great. But while I am splurging for sports.  And the fact that it is easier to find Waldo then hockey on TV, let alone the Sabres.  I am adding NHL Center Ice Sept 30.  It's been awhile, this years Sabres will be quite enjoyable to watch!  Welcome back in my life Sabres! Let's go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sabres & NHL 2018-19 - Preseason Game 4 vs. TOR 7 PM ET on 9/22

Sabres respond to slow start, but fall short in Toronto

TORONTO - Linus Ullmark offered the most succinct description of the way the Buffalo Sabres began their game at Scotiabank Arena on Friday night.

"We were off to a really good start," the goaltender said. "And then it turned into a bad start."

Andrew Oglevie opened the scoring for the Sabres thirty seconds into the contest, only to see the Toronto Maple Leafs answer with a barrage of three goals over the next 3:11. The end result was a 5-3 loss, but when it was all said and done the Sabres' response stood out more than the start itself.

Goals from C.J. Smith and Tage Thompson had the game tied early in the second period. When the Sabres surrendered the lead again shortly after, they kept the deficit at one goal until John Tavares buried an empty-netter with 44 seconds remaining.

Projected Lineup

There might be some changes, but this is pretty much what you should expect to see tonight for Buffalo:

53 Jeff Skinner - 9 Jack Eichel - 29 Jason Pominville
71 Evan Rodrigues - 10 Patrik Berglund - 23 Sam Reinhart
95 Justin Bailey - 22 Johan Larsson - 21 Kyle Okposo
20 Scott Wilson -51 Kyle Criscuolo - 65 Danny O'Regan / 64 Tyler Randell

Marco Scandella - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
26 Rasmus Dahlin - 19 Jake McCabe 
82 Nathan Beaulieu - 4 Zach Bogosian
33 William Borgen

40 Carter Hutton
31 Scott Wedgewood
50 Michael Houser

Nylander playing with a different fire

cWGouz6r?format=jpg&name=600x314

Fair or unfair, many Buffalo Sabres fans have drawn a conclusion that 2016 8th overall pick pick Alex Nylander is either a bust, or in a make-or-break season with the organization. While Nylander is only 20 years old, he's already been seen as another Tim Murray flop and a forgotten man in the Sabres prospect pool.

Granted, Nylander has not done much in his two seasons as a professional. In two years, Nylander has only seen 7 games in the NHL, with one goal and one assist. Nylander's stints with the Sabres were both when the season was ending and Buffalo was either well out of contention or staring at the worst record in the NHL.

There have been a large number of outside factors that have not helped in the perception of Nylander as a Sabre as well. From the top ten of the 2016 draft class, only Nylander and 5th overall pick Olli Juolevi have yet to play in 10 NHL games. Many fans were shocked when Buffalo passed on a pair of defensemen in Mikhail Sergachev (9th overall) and Charlie McAvoy (14th overall) for Nylander. Both have played a full season in the NHL and show promise as potential top-pairing defenders in the league.