[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

2 hours ago, eball said:

I know.  As I was doling out my stars for last night I then considered that Dahlin had two more points...unreal.

I really wanted Dahlin to get a third point.  They had just shown the stat about the youngest defensemen to get 3 points in a game, so it would have been funny to see him do that on back to back days.  I guess technically he would have needed two entries on that list.

I just checked about an hour ago to see if Hackstol has been fired yet. I Knew it just has to be coming today... 

sure hope they dont land Q, but I have a feeling they will. I believe he’s good friends with Fletcher and that’s a team with a lot of talent, that with good coaching (and better goaltending) could easily take a big step forward. 

Edit - Scott Gordon named interim HC. 

Still think Q is a real possibility, though. But he will probably have his pick of at least a few teams if he decides to wait until the offseason. 

Also, I just read that Hackstol’s 277 games behind Philly’s bench (or about 3 & 1/3 seasons) puts him 3rd all time in Flyers history. 

Thats nuts! lol 

Edited by BillsFan4

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Lord Tennyson back to the Amerks.

My deepest sympathies to the fine hockey fans of Rochester.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:thumbsup:

Reminds me of my favorite Girgensens story. When he played for his world junior team, they were behind 14-3 halfway through the third period in a game. Zemgus Girgensons was STILL blocking shots and playing like the score was tied. 

What he has cannot be coached. 

Also, it was great to see Eichel skate over to him after scoring the empty netter. 

Edited by K-9

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I just checked about an hour ago to see if Hackstol has been fired yet. I Knew it just has to be coming today... 

sure hope they dont land Q, but I have a feeling they will. I believe he’s good friends with Fletcher and that’s a team with a lot of talent, that with good coaching (and better goaltending) could easily take a big step forward. 

Edit - Scott Gordon named interim HC. 

Still think Q is a real possibility, though. But he will probably have his pick of at least a few teams if he decides to wait until the offseason. 

Also, I just read that Hackstol’s 277 games behind Philly’s bench (or about 3 & 1/3 seasons) puts him 3rd all time in Flyers history. 

Thats nuts! lol 

Q has said he won't coach this season.  I think he's going to be able to name his team and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he chose the Flyers.

• Like (+1) 1

Heard an interesting tidbit the other day from a friend who has a friend who knows a girl that is "acquainted" with Berglund.

Take it with a grain of salt, but the word is Berglund had friends visiting from Sweden so he played sick to go out and drink with them.  Girl says hes an alcoholic and is in denial about his drinking problem. My friend said "he is cleaning up on Chippewa." 

I thought it was funny.  Thought I'd share.

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Heard an interesting tidbit the other day from a friend who has a friend who knows a girl that is "acquainted" with Berglund.

Take it with a grain of salt, but the word is Berglund had friends visiting from Sweden so he played sick to go out and drink with them.  Girl says hes an alcoholic and is in denial about his drinking problem. My friend said "he is cleaning up on Chippewa." 

I thought it was funny.  Thought I'd share.

Some rumors have merit and others do not. When information from a friend of a friend is spread there is a lack of credibility to the information. It's easy to damage a person's reputation on the internet and it is nearly  impossible to repair it if the information is false. 

There was a mix up with him and his no trade clause in his contract. He failed to sign the contract in time for that clause to be operative. Apparently he was traded to a team he didn't want to go to. And on top of that he was being sat out by the coach who wasn't enamored with his play. So although his disgruntlement was understandable his not reporting to the team was not an acceptable response.  

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/jeff-gordon/gordo-unhappy-berglund-wants-out-of-buffalo/article_01baa75f-5407-5439-862a-6a2948ae3df8.html

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

Some rumors have merit and others do not. When information from a friend of a friend is spread there is a lack of credibility to the information. It's easy to damage a person's reputation on the internet and it is nearly  impossible to repair it if the information is false. 

There was a mix up with him and his no trade clause in his contract. He failed to sign the contract in time for that clause to be operative. Apparently he was traded to a team he didn't want to go to. And on top of that he was being sat out by the coach who wasn't enamored with his play. So although his disgruntlement was understandable his not reporting to the team was not an acceptable response.   

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/jeff-gordon/gordo-unhappy-berglund-wants-out-of-buffalo/article_01baa75f-5407-5439-862a-6a2948ae3df8.html

Given all the context, do you doubt it?  How often are players suspended for failing to report when they are actually ill or injured?

24 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Given all the context, do you doubt it?  How often are players suspended for failing to report when they are actually ill or injured?

I simply don't know about the issue you brought up. What is known is that he didn't want to be traded here and he wasn't playing. That's an obvious reason to not being happy with your situation. That doesn't mean that he was right not to show up for practice or a game. 

23 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't know or care why Berglund isn't showing up.   He's got $10M reasons to be a professional and do what he's paid to do. 

I don't know anyone who is defending his actions. Because of his unexcused absence he is going to be docked pay and suspended. That is the appropriate response to his behavior. 

At best he is an adequate and non-impacting player. I see him being moved one way or another. Maybe a buyout? As far as his market value because of his contract he is going to be difficult to move. 

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I simply don't know about the issue you brought up. What is known is that he didn't want to be traded here and he wasn't playing. That's an obvious reason to not being happy with your situation. That doesn't mean that he was right not to show up for practice or a game.  

I don't know anyone who is defending his actions. Because of his unexcused absence he is going to be docked pay and suspended. That is the appropriate response to his behavior. 

At best he is an adequate and non-impacting player. I see him being moved one way or another. Maybe a buyout? As far as his market value because of his contract he is going to be difficult to move. 

What is also known is that he was suspended for failing to report.  This is a rarity.  Whether he's out drinking with his friends or sitting around watching reruns of Golden Girls the damage to his professional reputation is the same. 

I properly qualified and disclaimed my rumor as such.  You're quite touchy on this subject.

Just now, Jauronimo said:

What is also known is that he was suspended for failing to report.  This is a rarity.  Whether he's out drinking with his friends or sitting around watching reruns of Golden Girls the damage to his professional reputation is the same. 

I properly qualified and disclaimed my rumor as such.  You're quite touchy on this subject.

Disclaiming a rumor by publishing it is an odd way to disclaim it. 

Of course his career is going to be jeopardized by not showing up for a game and practice. No one is arguing otherwise. 

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

Disclaiming a rumor by publishing it is an odd way to disclaim it. 

Of course his career is going to be jeopardized by not showing up for a game and practice. No one is arguing otherwise. 

If I didn't "publish" it in the first place what would there be to disclaim? 

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't know or care why Berglund isn't showing up.   He's got $10M reasons to be a professional and do what he's paid to do. 

Marv should call and ask him where he'd rather be than right here right now.

Seriously, who would want off of this team?