Terrell Owens Declined His Invitation to the Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony

On Tuesday via Twitter, Owens announced he will give his Hall of Fame speech at his alma mater, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, in Mckenzie Arena.

The Aug. 4  event is free and open to the public.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000939363/article/terrell-owens-to-celebrate-hof-induction-at-ut-chattanooga

4 minutes ago, teef said:

it must be exhausting to think about yourself so much.  i know i get bored with myself pretty easily.

A normal person would end up regretting this.

I don't think Owens will ever end up regretting this.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

A normal person would end up regretting this.

I don't think Owens will ever end up regretting this.

agreed.  i don't think he knows any other way.

• 2 weeks later...

Hall of Fame won't mention Terrell Owens at induction ceremony

customerservice@sportingnews.com (Sporting News)

There will not be any mention of Terrell Owens during the Pro Football Hall of Fame induction ceremony in August.

In fact, the Hall of Fame is excluding Owens from the event entirely, according to executive director Joe Horrigan.

“The focus is on the guys who are here," Horrigan told Talk of Fame Network. "There’s no reason to bring him up as an individual. He’s not here.”

Owens will have to wait a little longer to get his gold jacket as well. Players typically receive their gold jackets at Friday's Gold Jacket dinner that will happen Aug. 3, but the Hall of Fame will instead mail Owens' gold jacket to him the following day.

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:02 PM, teef said:

is anyone that big of a TO fan that they're actually going to show up at that thing?  

Does anyone really GAF about the HOF much less the induction ceremony?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Have you ever seen when a Bills player get inducted?  It’s a huge deal.  Personally, I really don’t care but it is a great time to remember “legends” from your franchise.

and good for the HOF.  Like always, TO tried to make it about himself.  He gets what he deserves.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Have you ever seen when a Bills player get inducted?  It’s a huge deal.  Personally, I really don’t care but it is a great time to remember “legends” from your franchise.

and good for the HOF.  Like always, TO tried to make it about himself.  He gets what he deserves.

Maybe. It also shows that the HOF is being just as petty as Owens. 

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I've never watched a HOF induction ceremony or visited it.  To each his own.

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

The HOF began the pettiness when they denied him not once, but twice.  OTOH Ray Lewis is a first-ballot HOF'er.   

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

The HOF began the pettiness when they denied him not once, but twice.  OTOH Ray Lewis is a first-ballot HOF'er.   

You’re absolutely right the voters started all of this and I have defended Owens from the start - he should have been a 1st balloter. 

This latest news is typical of how they’ve acted towards TO from the start. The HOF is a great honor and a big deal - it deserves far better leadership.

36 minutes ago, Doc said:

i was so much more impressed with the HOF than I thought it would be.  I went to the ralph/bruce induction, and i had a blast.  the speeches definitely can drag on, and i actually hated the stadium the game was played in, but the HOF itself was incredible.  I'd love to go back when there's fewer people, (it was body to body), but I need a reason to be back in that area first.  

36 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Why should they spent time on a guy who said he wasn’t coming?  It’s pretty simple, if TO wants to get a ceremony, show up.  He will still get his bust.

but for as talent as he is, he has to make everything about him.  So insecure.

35 minutes ago, Doc said:

In terms of just football, I think Ray Lewis had a much bigger impact on the nfl and won 2 SBs.  TO Alamogordo single handedly destroyed 2 good football teams by himself.  

And I watched most of the Bills getting inducted.  I’ve never got to the actual ceremony but the HOF is an awesome place to visit.

2 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Who's going to show up to TO's personal celebration?

He didn't really endear himself to any team's fanbase; and he bounced around so much that no team can really claim him as "their" player.

I think the reason he gets live here is because this was one of the few teams he didn’t rip apart.  

25 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

You’re absolutely right the voters started all of this and I have defended Owens from the start - he should have been a 1st balloter. 

This latest news is typical of how they’ve acted towards TO from the start. The HOF is a great honor and a big deal - it deserves far better leadership.

It’s just ironic you talk about leadership and TO in the same sentence.