California (again)

RULES ARE FOR THE LITTLE PEOPLE: San Francisco gym owners livid after discovering gyms in government buildings have been opened for months.

Gyms within government buildings in San Francisco have been open for months, despite privately owned establishments being ordered to close due to the coronavirus.

“It’s shocking, it’s infuriating,” Daniele Rabkin, of Crossfit Golden Gate, told a local NBC station. “Even though they’re getting exposed, there are no repercussions, no ramifications? It’s shocking.”

The gyms that have been open for government employees include those for police officers, judges, lawyers, bailiffs, and paralegals, according to the report. One such gym, the Hall of Justice gym, has been open since July 1.

“It just demonstrates that there seems to be some kind of a double standard between what city employees are allowed to do and what the residents of San Francisco are allowed to do,” Dave Karraker, owner of MX3 Fitness in the Castro, said.

Titles of Nobility at work. I thought the Constitution banned those. . . .

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I live 8 miles north of the GGB.  At 10am it looked like the middle of a foggy night.

But the air was fine...the marine layer was trapped between the ground and the smoke higher up so it stayed dark and cool all day.  Nice respite after the triple digit temps over the weekend.

7 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I live 8 miles north of the GGB.  At 10am it looked like the middle of a foggy night.

But the air was fine...the marine layer was trapped between the ground and the smoke higher up so it stayed dark and cool all day.  Nice respite after the triple digit temps over the weekend.

I remember there were fires 15 or so years ago in the San Bernardino Mts. I could look at the sun with binoculars and see sunspots. Fricken cool 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I was in SF last fall during the air advisory from the fires. We're getting hammered here in the Willamette Valley (Oregon) right now. Entire towns have been destroyed in the mountains. It's been apocalyptic here too. 
Air quality now the interior of my house is getting worse. The bar on the coast I frequent to watch the Bill's is in an evacuated area. I cant wait till 2020 is over.
We need marine air. The east wind has fanned these flames.

E wind.jpg

Edited by Uncle Joe

7 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

I was in SF last fall during the air advisory from the fires. We're getting hammered here in the Willamette Valley (Oregon) right now. Entire towns have been destroyed in the mountains. It's been apocalyptic here too. 
Air quality now the interior of my house is getting worse. The bar on the coast I frequent to watch the Bill's is in an evacuated area. I cant wait till 2020 is over.
We need marine air. The east wind has fanned these flames.

Sounds bad up there....stay safe.   Last year was horrible.....we had to escape the smoke so went up to Tahoe and drove right through a scene near Sacramento that made today look like nothing.

Smoke here has not been bad at all, only two days a couple weeks ago we had to keep everything shut.

• Thank you (+1) 1