California (again)

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

MAKE CALIFORNIA GREAT AGAIN: 

Why Uber and Lyft Are about to Shut down All Operations in California.

This Friday, Uber and Lyft will have to entirely shut down operations in California.

Sadly, this was preventable.

I am not a fan of Uber or Lyft- I do think they shortchange their drivers- but it is amazing to see people not understand that these kind of rulings will squash new technology and innovation. The reason the state is upset is that the State is not getting there cut of employee taxes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Someone tried to file for unemployment using my info....apparently UI fraud is spiking with COVID.

So I dutifully call the CA EDD Fraud hotline.....after a nice long intro message about all sorts of bullsh--, the recording says that 'due to COVID, there is no one to take your call.  You can leave a msg but we won't call you back'.  Apparently the Government Paper Shufflers International Union has all the state employees sitting at home collecting full pay and bennies while no one puts any effort in combating the surge in fraud.   Solid work Gavin!

42 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

So I dutifully call the CA EDD Fraud hotline.....after a nice long intro message about all sorts of bullsh--, the recording says that 'due to COVID, there is no one to take your call.  You can leave a msg but we won't call you back'.  Apparently the Government Paper Shufflers International Union has all the state employees sitting at home collecting full pay and bennies while no one puts any effort in combating the surge in fraud.   Solid work Trump!

FTFY!  Because, ya know.

IF YOU WATCH SPORTS TO GET AWAY FROM POLITICS, YOU’RE OUT OF LUCK:

California pro sports teams are falling all over themselves to endorse Prop 16, which would repeal Prop 209 from the California Constitution, thus allowing the state to grant preferential treatment on the basis of race, sex, color, ethnicity, and national origin.  

Friends of mine with a sense of humor have answered back with a petition demanding that these teams to allocate 15% of their positions to Asian Americans.  (Asian Americans are about 15% of the California population.)  Go ahead, sign it.  You know you want to.

The Federalist reported, "Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California is affirmed in its right to host indoor worship services after a Los Angeles County Superior Court ruled that there is no court order preventing it. The ruling comes just a mere week after an emergency order enacted by the California Court of Appeals made it again illegal for the church to meet indoors."

Closing churches for 5 months has nothing to do with covid 19, and everything to do with the Little Napoleon California elected as governor.

The judge upheld the Constitution.

The Scorekeeper says: GOOD.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, BillStime said:

Trump to California:

CLEAN YOUR FLOORS

You can always count on competent leadership from QTrump in a time of crisis.

Trump blames California for wildfires, tells state 'you gotta clean your floors'

As much as I despise responding to your dumb ass I'd like to point out that yes, getting rid of dead fall and creating firebreaks is a tried and true way of reducing the damage caused by forest fires. One of the ways to stop a fire in its tracks is to take away its fuel. There are other ways to prevent forest fires but don't ask environmental groups why they have successfully fought against trimming tree branches around power lines in California. 

You sarcastically smear Trump regarding his leadership in a crises. WTF is wrong with you? He calls for preventive measures to ameliorate damage done in fire season and you mock him because some political hack writer creates a piss poor article trying to defend the idiots in California? As usual, you offer this forum nothing more than dumbassery. 

• Like (+1) 2

A California firefighter’s wallet was stolen out of his work vehicle and his bank account was drained while he was battling a blaze, officials said. It was the latest robbery to occur amid fear and panic over wildfires in Santa Cruz.

“It’s absolutely disgusting behavior, I can’t, frankly, I can’t believe that somebody would actually have the nerve to break into a firefighter’s vehicle or enter their vehicle to steal something from them when they’re there to protect the community. Honestly it blows me away,” Chief Deputy Chris Clark with the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Office said during a press conference on Sunday.

On 8/23/2020 at 7:10 AM, 3rdnlng said:

As much as I despise responding to your dumb ass I'd like to point out that yes, getting rid of dead fall and creating firebreaks is a tried and true way of reducing the damage caused by forest fires. One of the ways to stop a fire in its tracks is to take away its fuel. There are other ways to prevent forest fires but don't ask environmental groups why they have successfully fought against trimming tree branches around power lines in California. 

You sarcastically smear Trump regarding his leadership in a crises. WTF is wrong with you? He calls for preventive measures to ameliorate damage done in fire season and you mock him because some political hack writer creates a piss poor article trying to defend the idiots in California? As usual, you offer this forum nothing more than dumbassery. 

Why bother asking that when instead you can just sue PG&E for not trimming the trees.....that you banned them from trimming.  :wacko: