Should Tomi Lahren be attacked

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

She espouses Conservative Fascist ideas, 

so yes, you are allowed to attack her because you are on the side of good.

Jumped in to fix it for you before Gator sees the post.... 

All Conservatives are Fascist unless that is, you the REAL Fascists the Democrat Party has become. Anyone that wants to censor free speech is Fascist, so let's just be honest and start labeling them for what they are.

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Some people may disagree with her.

Does that make her a viable target for assault?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/voices/2018/05/29/tomi-lahren-conservative-trump-supporter-free-speech-tolerance-fox-news-column/649783002/

No, assault is never OK.  Had other patrons booed her out of the restaurant, that's OK.

2 hours ago, Andrew in CA said:

No, assault is never OK.  Had other patrons booed her out of the restaurant, that's OK.

You think that's okay? Something that mature people in a supposedly diverse society can resort to as an acceptable option when faced with someone who represents a different value set than your own?

Do you mean it would be okay if other patrons simply sat at their tables and voiced a general "boo" that she was allowed in and served the same as they were? Or do you mean more of a metaphorical "boo", like getting up from their seats and jeering her until her and her parents fled the property?

Of course, simply saying "boo" in a public setting is completely innocuous on it's own, right? I'll tell you what, Andrew - I disagree with you. I choose to express my disagreement by waiting until I see you and some of your family out for a pleasant evening of dinner and drinks.  My friends and I won't throw anything at you or anything else that might be construed as "never OK". We'll just gather around you and yours and boo until you get up and leave.

Perfectly okay, right?

Edited by Azalin

8 minutes ago, Azalin said:

You think that's okay? Something that mature people in a supposedly diverse society can resort to as an acceptable option when faced with someone who represents a different value set than your own?

Do you mean it would be okay if other patrons simply sat at their tables and voiced a general "boo" that she was allowed in and served the same as they were? Or do you mean more of a metaphorical "boo", like getting up from their seats and jeering her until her and her parents fled the property?

Of course, simply saying "boo" in a public setting is completely innocuous on it's own, right? I'll tell you what, Andrew - I disagree with you. I choose to express my disagreement by waiting until I see you and some of your family out for a pleasant evening of dinner and drinks.  My friends and I won't throw anything at you or anything else that might be construed as "never OK". We'll just gather around you and yours and boo until you get up and leave.

Perfectly okay, right?

yeah sure its fine w me 

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Why would you consider it "ok" to disrupt, harass and bully a customer at a restaurant? 

because it's not against the law.  you like to have polarizing opinions and make money doing so?  be prepared for people to voice their disagreement with you when you're out and about.  comes with the territory.

49 minutes ago, Andrew in CA said:

because it's not against the law.  you like to have polarizing opinions and make money doing so?  be prepared for people to voice their disagreement with you when you're out and about.  comes with the territory.

I would shrug off verbal insults if I was making what she's making, but any kind of physical threat or attack I'd report to the police even if it is just water being thrown at you.  You're less likely to be the victim of similar attacks in the future.

Edited by Doc Brown

4 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Tomi Lahren really isn't that toxic of a conservative.... I'm surprised and disappointed that this was done to her.

If she were Lana Lotkeff,  Lauren Southern, or Faith Goldy, I wouldn't be surprised one bit... Lana is by far the worst... I'll never link to any of her material, but

she's part of a growing trend of smokin' hot Nazi Jezebels... 

Edited by #34fan

3 hours ago, Andrew in CA said:

Oh really? So I can verbally harass BLM people? Good to know. Oh wait, no I can’t. I’m white.

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t know who she is (though I get the context from the article), but her political views have no relationship to the basic human kindness she deserves. I am sometimes in the presence of people whose views (racist) are abhorrent. But they are people, with opinions formed through time, upbringing, and/or trauma. Flaming their anger through attack can never sway them.

Compassion, however hard it is to grant...may. 

3 hours ago, #34fan said:

Tomi Lahren really isn't that toxic of a conservative.... I'm surprised and disappointed that this was done to her.

If she were Lana Lotkeff,  Lauren Southern, or Faith Goldy, I wouldn't be surprised one bit... Lana is by far the worst... I'll never link to any of her material, but

she's part of a growing trend of smokin' hot Nazi Jezebels... 

You're an ass.

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Oh really? So I can verbally harass BLM people? Good to know. Oh wait, no I can’t. I’m white.

That's different. They're the good guys.

7 hours ago, Andrew in CA said:

Got it, have "polarizing opinions", make money, subject yourself to all sorts of stupidity. 

On on the other hand, have polarizing opinions, verbally and physically harass people for some perverse  "hey everyone look how tough I am" moment and no money at all...very cool and understandable because you can't get arrested for it. 

Idiotic. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

3 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

I don’t know who she is (though I get the context from the article), but her political views have no relationship to the basic human kindness she deserves. I am sometimes in the presence of people whose views (racist) are abhorrent. But they are people, with opinions formed through time, upbringing, and/or trauma. Flaming their anger through attack can never sway them.

Compassion, however hard it is to grant...may. 

Unless those group sessions are court ordered you can just up and leave if you are uncomfortable.