Roseanne Canceled

7 minutes ago, Andrew in CA said:

I really think the statement speaks for itself as abhorrent and is not a political statement.  

What's much worse that's been said about President Trump?  Do you have examples?

Kathy Griffin.jpg

1 minute ago, Andrew in CA said:

OK, but that doesn't really answer my question.  Which "comedians" posted these images?  And they still have jobs?  And how is this "MUCH worse" -- it's nearly the exact same thing.

See White House correspondent dinner.

Here's one from Wanda Sykes:

In this case, Google is your friend. Start googling "Trump jokes".

And again, Valerie Jarett is NOT black (she is Iranian, which is caucasian so that lets out "racist" based on color for most people), and Muslim is NOT a race. 

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

See White House correspondent dinner.

Here's one from Wanda Sykes:

In this case, Google is your friend. Start googling "Trump jokes".

And again, Valerie Jarett is NOT black (she is Iranian, which is caucasian so that lets out "racist" based on color for most people), and Muslim is NOT a race. 

I don't think calling someone a m-f'r is as bad as comparing a black woman to an ape.  Maybe it's differences of degrees.  And didn't everyone lose their collective **** over the woman at the correspondent dinner?

Jarett is black.  She was born in Iran but both her parents are African-American.

1 minute ago, Andrew in CA said:

I don't think calling someone a m-f'r is as bad as comparing a black woman to an ape.  Maybe it's differences of degrees.  And didn't everyone lose their collective **** over the woman at the correspondent dinner?

Jarett is black.  She was born in Iran but both her parents are African-American.

But you asked who was still employed. Michelle Wolf has a Netflix show.

I looked up Valerie Jarett's parents on wiki (so grain of salt). Her father is black. Her mother was 1/4th black, and also French and Scottish. They were American. So you are partially correct, and I was partially correct. ?

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

But you asked who was still employed. Michelle Wolf has a Netflix show.

I looked up Valerie Jarett's parents on wiki (so grain of salt). Her father is black. Her mother was 1/4th black, and also French and Scottish. They were American. So you are partially correct, and I was partially correct. ?

I didn't know she had a show to begin with.  If she said some racist stuff at the correspondents dinner then Netflix should probably have stepped in.

I didn't know Jarett's mother was 1/4 black.

We've gone on a tangent here a bit, but I'm just going back to my original point that i don't see how Roseanne's statement was political.

17 minutes ago, Andrew in CA said:

I find that disappointing, since "Iranian" is probably the purest Aryan race in the world.  

8 minutes ago, Andrew in CA said:

We've gone on a tangent here a bit, but I'm just going back to my original point that i don't see how Roseanne's statement was political.

Valerie Jarett's a political figure.  

9 minutes ago, B-Large said:

she fisted bout a hundred other people working for that show, thats the real travesty.

and that's the career killer right there. 

the on screen talent like Roseanne get alot of leeway in their off screen behaviors.  But when it cuts into the off screen production support that makes the show run, the on screen talent start having a hard time finding the quality off screen support that really makes a good show run

• Like (+1) 1

Bar has legit mental issues. Most comedians do. I was never a fan of the lady. That said, I have a great hatred to those who try and silence comedians, for their comedy. I had no issue with the redhead lady and the bloody Trump head. The backlash against comedians is what ought be actively rejected. 

18 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Bar has legit mental issues. Most comedians do. I was never a fan of the lady. That said, I have a great hatred to those who try and silence comedians, for their comedy. I had no issue with the redhead lady and the bloody Trump head. The backlash against comedians is what ought be actively rejected. 

I agree that the state should not silence anyone.  However, if you say/do something that really offends people, you get backlash.  The bloody Trump head thing is terribly offensive and she got backlash, which was deserved IMO.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Oh it's happening sweetheart.  She's already running in case you hadn't noticed.

Don't confuse running with bump, bump, bump down the stairs.

Hillary falling.jpg

Edited by 3rdnlng

22 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Free speech is free speech, even after sponsors pull their advertising and (a la Kaepernick and Barr and Griffin) someone's industry refuses to employ them. Usually the marketplace sorts out those who exercise their right to speech to their own detriment. Say what you want, but you might suffer the consequences. Nobody should stifle anyone's right to shoot themself in the foot.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

The rush to find hypocrisy should follow many steps behind condemning awful behavior. 

When we suit up in party uniforms and ignore boorish behavior, don't you think everyone loses? Can you consider and judge each instance of clownish behavior as it comes?

Lol unless a lefty engages in the awful behavior.  Then we should just look the other way.  Everything passes except a mock severed presidential head.  No wonder Kathy was surprised.

Roseanne and "classy" are rarely used in the same sentence and her words were unnecessary and very crass.  Except for the part about Jarret being a commie.  That's true.

• Like (+1) 2

I remember ABC cancelling Maher's show "Politically Incorrect" because he said something politically incorrect post 9/11.  He refused to agree with a guest that the hijackers on 9/11 were cowards.  Isiahi Washington got fired from Grey's Anatomy for using a gay slur on set.  That's about all I can remember as far as ABC's concerned.

Just stupid of Roseanne.  The same lady who grabbed her crotch after sarcastically singing the National Anthem.