I miss Leodis McKelvin interviews...

44 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Your reaction is why I say it's a loaded question.  As I said, the definition of racism kind of grates against my sense of fair play, but it's not my definition.  As I said, it is defined sociologically (what people group you belong to and what people group you're doing it to), not psychologically.  I don't know what Websters would say in defining it, but if you were to ask an African-American, I think he'd agree with me.

I don't doubt your sincerity and I appreciate your honest answers.  I know you're not being malicious in any way, shape, or form but I think greenblitz's statement is true.  I'm also not trying to be malicious, I'm just stating my constructive observation.

13 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I getting tired of being lectured by you, mom.  If my posts are edited it's usually because of a spelling or grammatical error (it's 'ante', btw).  I've been a member on this board for almost 15 years (congrats on your upcoming first anniversary) and I've never had any problems with any members before but apparently you're the first.  Might I suggest that you grow some thicker skin and have that hostility of yours looked at.  Welcome to ignore.

My hostility? I’ve not used any hostile language or personal attacks on anyone at any point within this thread. You on the other hand just referred to me as “mom” and continue to say random things that make no sense or are highly irrelevant. Why you felt the need to throw out your length of time as a member on this forum as a badge of honor as if that somehow elevates you above me I also don’t know. 

I just think this entire thread was created in a mean spirited fashion and it’s always been part of my character to speak up when I see some form of bullying of ridiculing of others. If you disagree. Fine. I’ve said my peace. If you want to ignore my posts - go right ahead, and you are telling me I need to have thicker skin? Interesting. I don’t know why you feel you have a “problem” with me. I feel I’ve spoken soundly and fairly.  That’s on you. I’m moving on. 

Edited by SoCoBills

9 minutes ago, SoCoBills said:

I just think this entire thread was created in a mean spirited fashion and it’s always been part of my character to speak up when I see some form of bullying of ridiculing of others. If you disagree. Fine. I’ve said my peace.

Let's leave it at that, I find it funny to make fun of people who suck at part of their profession,. (like Terry Bradshaw making up words). Granted players not so much. but it's what they signed up for in the NFL, being in the public eye and not embarrassing yourself. Believe me I would have been worse than Leodis  and I'd understand why it would be funny.

Marshawn Lynch knew he hated generic sports answers (and comically butchering them) and got comfortable just being himself and making fun of himself.

You can call it bullying, I have no problem with your opinion. But hear out our side of the story. I think if you're getting paid to do a small facet of your job description and are comically bad at it, then you get ridiculed. I can hardly use the printer in the office and everybody laughs at me and calls me a moron. I'm getting paid to not suck at that. If my drunk uncle is slurring nonsense I'm going to make fun of him.. not bullying.

Notice racism never came up. This is just a sense of humor people have. I don't find it in poor taste and I don't like being judged for feeling that way for the reasons above.

Shannon Sharpe has the thickest Alabama accent and so many alabama grandma idiom stores, he's a fun well spoken (but still pretty bad) analyst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAD_dxBGMu0 1:30 mark Randy Moss sports writer says "he has the thickest West Virgiina accent I have ever heard... it's amazing". He has a fun accent,, yet is by far my favorite analyst right now. I'd wager Leodis isn't nearly as offended as some of the posts I see here. Just must have a thick Georgian accent (on top of rambling nonsense.

Everybody made fun of Shaq's mathematical illiteracy. IT'S FUNNY!

14 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I getting tired of being lectured by you, mom.  If my posts are edited it's usually because of a spelling or grammatical error (it's 'ante', btw).  I've been a member on this board for almost 15 years (congrats on your upcoming first anniversary) and I've never had any problems with any members before but apparently you're the first.  Might I suggest that you grow some thicker skin and have that hostility of yours looked at.  Welcome to ignore.

Making fun of stupid things to say: exhibit A,  how Shaq explains buying gas.

7 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Was Peace Frog's motive in posting it racist?  I don't know what he was thinking, so it is not fair for me to judge.

HE WASN'T. That is such a strong accusation to someone who fins humor in celebrity's stupidity.

48 minutes ago, wppete said:

This thread is a troll job. The OP name is ‘Peace Frog’ with the Green Frog avatar. Check out this article it explains it. 

https://m.mic.com/articles/143778/is-pepe-meme-racist#.Tre89i4fF

or Just Google Pepe the Frog. 

What the hell are you talking about?  My name is from the song Peace Frog by The Doors.  Not to mention, your Pepe frog looks nothing like my frog giving the peace sign.  Your post is a troll job.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:03 AM, no name said:

this thread is worthless and led to the usual idiocy that some portray on this board.

idiots.gif

It did happen quickly though, which I appreciate.  This thread went from 0 to dumpster fire in 1 post.  Sometimes it takes a whole page.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:35 AM, phypon said:

Serious question.  If Leodis was white would you consider the original post racist? 

Yes.  And you shouldn't be saying 'white'.  That's OUR word.