National Anthem Solution

11 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Or people could stop watching and going to games.  Oh wait they did and look who won. 

Did they????  Is Pretesting stopping??  What happens when players are staying in the locker room that "MAGA Base" gonna cry again about disrespect?

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Did they????  Is Pretesting stopping??  What happens when players are staying in the locker room that "MAGA Base" gonna cry again about disrespect?

I would argue that this new policy is a direct result of backlash from the protesting, so yes.

11 minutes ago, vorpma said:

What planet are you living on; visit Fort Bragg, Fort Campbell, or a FOB in Iraq or Afghanistan then tell me a majority are in support!

I have been to those places Multiple Times... and I can confirm a majority of us do not give a **** if they kneel......  Question is have you?

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

I would argue that this new policy is a direct result of backlash from the protesting, so yes.

Really or is it because they do not want the words "NFL" being uttered by a specific person in office that is offended they did not want him to be part of the club, LIKE they discussed in the Owners meeting and was reported on.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Really or is it because they do not want the words "NFL" being uttered by a specific person in office that is offended they did not want him to be part of the club, LIKE they discussed in the Owners meeting and was reported on.

Why can't it be both, Bobbo?

Pretend all you want like 99% of people don't care.  You'll continue to be wrong.

Edited by BringBackOrton

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I have been to those places Multiple Times... and I can confirm a majority of us do not give a **** if they kneel......  Question is have you?

We can hook up and I can give you a personal tour and bring you back to reality!

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

It's a **** perspective, because the NBA has required standing for the anthem for 20+ years.  

You LACK perspective.  Period.

It's still not right. Patriotism should never be mandatory. 

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They are doing it before the game starts and it doesn’t interrupt it at all.

basically, players are pieces of meat to you.  

LOL talk about an extreme response.  My employer pays me to keep equipment working.  I'm not allowed to play video games while on the clock.

Yup they are my Sunday afternoon hookers.  I'm so ashamed of myself for taking advantage of those millionaires.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Why? I think it's an important perspective.

Its not the same thing at all. 

One, the german thing was government mandated, the NFL is the business owners decision.

Two, the team was banned for a year in Germany, the nfl team would be fined.

Three, they dont even have to stand, they can stay in the lockerroom if they dont want to stand.

Also, the NBA has a policy that requires people to stand, but of course the NFL is the bad guy. 

NBA's rule: (2) Players, coaches and trainers are to stand and line up in a dignified posture along the sidelines or on the foul line during the playing of the National Anthem.

It’s kinda interesting how whenever you bring up this debate the immediate response is “they are disrespecting our troops and veterans” and you can’t even say a word to change anyone’s mind on the fact that these thug players are disrespectful pieces of trash and how our military deserves better than that.

But then here we are in this thread I’m scrolling through like 10 pages of crap and it’s amazing to me how quickly the tone of a conversation can degrade down to pretty great depths of disrespect for an active member of our military simply because he disagrees.

I’ve seen a lot of players kneel and get called every name in the book.  Never seen anyone of them call one of our vets a dum dum though and goad them onto a petty argument.

I guess disrespect is in the eye of the beholder.  Or whatever works to further your argument.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's still not right. Patriotism should never be mandatory. 

This is what you said:

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The NFL isn't the first sports league with a patriotism policy.

ootball_salute.jpg

You are the definition of low-information.  Holy smokes. 

You pulled the Nazi card when there's an already existing league in the US with a mandatory anthem policy.  One that's been around for decades.  Of which you never cared or bothered to discover.

It's hilarious how mighty and moral folks get when they've been admittedly ignorant to "wrongdoing" for 20 years in their own nation.  Yeah sure, you're a defender of truth and justice and the American Way 20 years after the fact.  LOL.

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Thank you (+1) 1