Reagan Was My Hero And Trump Is His Clone (Somewhat)

7 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Whoa fella, HOLD UP. 

You say Ronnie is your hero. I state he’s a douchebag who’s not who you think he is for specific reasons. You then do the douchebag thing and demand links or my accusations aren’t true despite the fact that I’m an academically trained student of history. I then provide you with links that substantiate my points despite my better judgement. You then wrongfully assert that all my accusations against Ronnie are untrue because you don’t like the sources. I then provide you with online sources that would be acceptable in any academic paper because they’re peer reviewed articles by historians and then your punk response is ‘I’m crazy and need help’? That’s just amazing. 

Ronald Reagan committed treason during his Iran Contra crime. I NEVER wanna hear anything about Obama’s Fast-n-Furious from somebody who thinks Ronnie was a good guy. 

And, your douchetastic response is EXACTLY why I don’t waste my time providing links. No amount of informatio I lay before you will convince you Ronnie isnt the deity you desperately want him to be, in the same way that I cannot convince DerangedRhino that Q is just some assclown who reads infowars. You’re dug in and your gonna believe what ya want. 

I knew better but i did it anyways. 

You're all over the place and postshit that doesn't support your premise. Your long post about his testimony before the HUAC only proved that he was democratically inclined. I doubt you read what you link to because generally speaking, you refute yourself. I've bent over backwards to converse civilly with you because you have a good point or two as it pertains to terrorism. The rest of your crap pretty much portrays you as a psycho. GET HELP.

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You're all over the place and postshit that doesn't support your premise. Your long post about his testimony before the HUAC only proved that he was democratically inclined. I doubt you read what you link to because generally speaking, you refute yourself. I've bent over backwards to converse civilly with you because you have a good point or two as it pertains to terrorism. The rest of your crap pretty much portrays you as a psycho. GET HELP.

HUAC- I’m sorry it’s hard for me to find links when my education came from lectures and books, and not paragraphs on the internet. 

What that story doesnt get into is that Ronnie volunteered to rat on people and spied on them.

Further, of course I read it. Pay special note to the generalization it mentions of historians at the articles end. Ya know — the one about free speech. 

Im sorry your hero is a douchebag. 

Heres another link: https://www.amazon.com/Iran-Contra-Reagans-Scandal-Unchecked-Presidential/dp/0700625909/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1545503146&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=iran+contra+books&dpPl=1&dpID=51mO68-L7DL&ref=plSrch

i have this book in my personal library at home. Shall I take a picture of each page and upload one by one? 

And pray do tell what exactly I wrote here that suggests I’m a loose cannon as you suggest? I don’t think you’ll find much to stand on other that you just want to label my ramblings as crazy because they don’t fit the narrative that you want to be true. 

On 5/22/2018 at 12:09 PM, Paulus said:

Idk, I like a lot of the insults and think most are deserved. The smugness from those in the ivory towers has gotten a little out of hand over the past couple of decades. 

Who has lived a more Ivory Tower existence than the current President?

That he is idolized by some as "one of us" is funny stuff.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Who has lived a more Ivory Tower existence than the current President?

That he is idolized by some as "one of us" is funny stuff.

Ivory tower is to do with academics versus economics.  I think that the term you are looking for is penthouse.  Not to be confused with the skin magazine before the internet era.

54 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Boy, losing (yet again) to the Pats*** must have the maim board in flames. It brings the cockroaches out in droves. 

Is that "maim board" related to that mayhem guy in the insurance commercial?

1 hour ago, blzrul said:

Just going by the headline I'd have to agree.  Reagan suffered from dementia - as does Trump. 

Nice diagnosis from the person that goes "ready, fire, aim".

On 12/23/2018 at 6:41 PM, RochesterRob said:

Ivory tower is to do with academics versus economics.  I think that the term you are looking for is penthouse.  Not to be confused with the skin magazine before the internet era.

i·vo·ry tow·er
/ˈˌīv(ə)rē ˈˌtou(ə)r/
noun
  1. a state of privileged seclusion or separation from the facts and practicalities of the real world.

Edited by Kemp

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

i·vo·ry tow·er
/ˈˌīv(ə)rē ˈˌtou(ə)r/
noun
  1. a state of privileged seclusion or separation from the facts and practicalities of the real world.
    "the ivory tower of academia"

As applied it is virtually never used in the context of an insulated wealthy person speaking out about issues in the world.  Far more common is the use of the word penthouse and the phrase "the view from the penthouse..."  A friend of mine from central NY (Syracuse) speaks of a show on the local PBS station titled "The Ivory Tower" which has a small collection of area college professors speaking of various issues from a left of center standpoint.  I think that is unlikely they would fly with such a title for their show given the implications from the definition you provide.  It would be self-mocking and I find it highly unlikely that they would engage in such behavior.  I've seen the show a few times and am fascinated with their thought processes even though I seldom align with them.  Might be worth a periodic review on this forum.

The full quote:

i·vo·ry tow·er
[ˈˌīv(ə)rē ˈˌtou(ə)r]
NOUN
ivory towers (plural noun)
    "the ivory tower of academia"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

“America represents something universal in the human spirit. I received a letter not long ago from a man who said, ‘You can go to Japan to live, but you cannot become Japanese. You can go to France to live and not become a Frenchman. You can go to live in Germany or Turkey, and you won’t become a German or a Turk.’ But then he added, ‘Anybody from any corner of the world can come to America to live and become an American.’ ”

• Thank you (+1) 1