Another school shooting - Texas

Just now, TheElectricCompany said:

Write to your senators and tell them "this is not good enough". 

Kids getting killed at school. Ugh. I hate this story. 

What do I write them is not good enough?  He was already break the law, several laws...

Look, take a deep breath.  Make a hashtag.   It'll be ok.

13 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

What do I write them is not good enough?  He was already break the law, several laws...

Look, take a deep breath.  Make a hashtag.   It'll be ok.

Here are a few ideas. 

School security & layout, mental health resources, enforcement of existing legislation and access to firearms. 

I am sure that there are opportunities for improvement in each of these areas.

"Take a deep breath, It'll be OK" is a really lazy response. Remember when a bunch of kiddos got mowed down 3 months ago? We need to do something, and there many avenues to do so beyond a !@#$ing hashtag. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Here's a few ideas. 

School security & layout, mental health resources, enforcement of existing legislation and access to firearms. 

I am sure that there are opportunities for improvement in each of these areas.

"Take a deep breath, It'll be OK" is a really lazy response. Remember when a bunch of kiddos got mowed down 3 months ago? We need to do something, and there many avenues to do so beyond a !@#$ing hashtag. 

I am 100% all for that but there is way too much distraction going on for anyone to grow a pair of balls and do anything about what's going on because it's too god damn easy to be a victim and the payoff is too good damn high.

Great post 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I love Anthony Jeselnik's joke about this.  It was basically people going on social media to say "Hey, don't forget about me" during this tragic event.  Thoughts and prayers!

Absolutely right on.

My other favorite take on this subject is “well there’s no easy answer, so let’s do nothing”. 

17 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

please share the bigger news then kids killing kids in this country. 

Without full political injection:

The report being released by the IG.

So many families started off as a perfectly normal day, then they got their worlds rocked forever. As one friend who lost a child said to us, life is forever divided into “before” and “after”. Hug your loved ones!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That's why I failed math my freshman year in college because I lived by that philosophy.  I also stopped showing up.

Ha. Same, except it was statistics class. 

Prof day one: “This is not a math class”.

Prof, also day one: “Here’s a bunch of math”.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Without full political injection:

The report being released by the IG.

if you're referring to the recent release on the clinton emails.

politicians/political corruption or anything political is not as big of news to me then reading pretty much on a daily basis of kids killing kids, not even close. something NEEDS to be done and obviously the low life politicians are doing NOTHING!!

now, that may not be what you were referring to but it was just a wild guess.

as far as I'm concerned all politicians, past and present can fall in to a black hole of damnation.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

politicians/political corruption or anything political is not as big of news to me then reading pretty much on a daily basis of kids killing kids, not even close. something NEEDS to be done and obviously the low life politicians are doing NOTHING!!

as far as I'm concerned all politicians, past and present can fall in to a black hole of damnation.

Doing something for the sole purpose of saying you did something is not the answer.

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

If you're relying on politicians to fix anything you're going to be waiting for a long time. It needs to start at home. There needs to be structure and accountability from day one. Kids need to be taught to respect themselves and one another. Look up to good role models not some ****head Kardasian who has 50 million instagram followers for no good reason except for being famous.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Doing something for the sole purpose of saying you did something is not the answer.

who said they did anything. it's pretty !@#$ing obvious nothing is being done. I agree though, my sole voice of reason will not be enough and frankly, it's going to get a hell of a lot worse because like you say, saying something, MEANS NOTHING!!

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

who said they did anything. it's pretty !@#$ing obvious nothing is being done. I agree though, my sole voice of reason will not be enough and frankly, it's going to get a hell of a lot worse because like you say, saying something, MEANS NOTHING!!

Nobody.