Am I the only one who has confidence in our WR's?

2 hours ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Nope there a few other homer, kool aid drinkers, glass is half full, the sky isn't falling fans out there.

My thread doesn't say their the best .. not top half .. but I don't think are bottom 3 ala Scott Law .. I'm looking forward to a new QB and seeing what that allows these guys to produce.

That sounds reasonable, I don't know enough about all the team's to guess where they rank. Hoping they can still bring in a legitimate threat before the season starts.

23 hours ago, ngbills said:

Or it could be our last QB did make an impact on winning. Maybe not the best passer, but other qualities that helped the team win. If we get a guy that throws better, but does not make the same plays with his legs, turns the ball over more, etc that could lead to more losses. 

And back to the point of this thread. The WR group did not make it easy on Tyrod and will not make it easy on the our next guy. 

And,Vice versa!

I am fine if KB is the 2nd best WR on the roster as long as #1 has speed to burn as well as other positive attributes. Having Jones mature as a 3rd WR would help a lot too. In 2019 there will be a relatively expensive FA starting opposite KB anyways. I expect the TE position and OL to look very different as well.

22 hours ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Look for yourself

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/

San Fran - Garcon, Goodwin, Taylor (Jimmy G the QB)

Jags - Marquis Lee,  Donte Moncrief, ?? (not a huge Bortles fan)

Washington - Doctson, Crowder, Richardson (Capt Kirk was throwing last year)

Indy - Name a WR beyond Hilton  (Who is awesome) .. no real QB with Luck injured last year

Jets - Enunwa, Anderson, Kearse ... woof at QB 

Carolina - Funchess, Smith, Samuel .. granted drafted Moore .. but Cam as QB (not a great passer really)

Tenn - Matthews, Davis (who was as big a bust last year as Zay), Taylor?? (Mariotta as QB)

In my humble opinion ... just saying at best our crew is a coin flip vs. these crews .. thanks for reading for the 61st time and coming back down to bottom 3 :)

A couple of them have decent, not terrible tight ends (nobody special)

-Jets had 3 guys top 800 yards last year, and their QB situation is on par with ours, probably better this year when McCown/bridge vs mccarron, but the future I prefer Allen > darnold.

Their wr corps is better than ours, assuming Anderson isn't in jail.

-sf has better receivers than us, I wouldn't call it a coinflip, I mean its not massively better, but I'd concede then to be slightly better without question.

-Carolina is a question mark when Moore. That's a solid unit if he's great, probably slightly better than our group if he is average.

-jax drafted dj chark who has upside, so same with Carolina, they are hoping the rookie is good, but I'll say they are about equal to us at best, unless he is really good, which is a Longshot.

-Indy is better because Hilton is just so much better than anything we have it isn't even close, but the rest of their corps is a tire fire. They do have a solid te in Doyle, and they signed ebron who's still got good upside.

-Washington is a dumpster fire, so I think they are the worst in the NFL.

-Tennessee is a coinflip. If Davis shows up like he was expected to, they are good. If he continues to bust, they are beyond terrible. Delanie Walker is a very good te though, so that helps them.

I look at that list and I think Washington is definitely below us

I think Tennessee is if Davis sucks, but they are better if he doesn't.

Jax WRs are terrible.

The rest we are worse than them I think, but like you said, they do have ??s on all the squads.

I think it's fair to say every team in there, including us, needs wr help.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Parris Campbell is fast (skip to 1:03): 

You follow the Buckeyes so you are familiar with the speedster receiver. What I didn't see on those clips is he running any deep routes. Most of the plays were more gimmicky or short near the line of scrimmage passes where he outraced the defenders. I did like his quickness and his run after the catch instincts. What the Bills desperately need to add to the mix is a receiver who can run the deep routes and create more space for the other more possession receivers. 

34 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You follow the Buckeyes so you are familiar with the speedster receiver. What I didn't see on those clips is he running any deep routes. Most of the plays were more gimmicky or short near the line of scrimmage passes where he outraced the defenders. I did like his quickness and his run after the catch instincts. What the Bills desperately need to add to the mix is a receiver who can run the deep routes and create more space for the other more possession receivers. 

He has played mostly h back. That’s the same position that Harvin played in Urban’s system. Curtis Samuel went in the 2nd last year after doing the same. Campbell hasn’t been asked to run a ton of those routes but can. He’s explosive. 

The Bills need guys to run deep routes and to run after the catch. The Bills need some guys capable of making chunk plays. Shady and Clay are the only ones capable of making big plays. I thought that the Bills should have kept Thompson.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/19/2018 at 8:39 AM, ALF said:

We won't know until we know as Yogi might say

?

....no excuse but rather casual observation....sure these guys get paid good money to do a job.......but I often wonder how many failed to "kick it up a notch" knowing or feeling the chances of getting a look or seeing the ball were slim and none.....with McCarron and eventually Allen at the helm, I'm guessing the chances are substantially improved as well as McDaboll as OC....don't think I'd want to get flagged for "coasting"......

On 5/18/2018 at 12:12 PM, PIZ said:

Wrong.  Everyone loves Neil Diamond.

I do not love Neil Diamond.

But i respect his opinions

Would not turn the channel either : )

On 5/18/2018 at 9:58 PM, The Drought said:

tenor.gif?itemid=10400991

witch , or possessed , or both

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He has played mostly h back. That’s the same position that Harvin played in Urban’s system. Curtis Samuel went in the 2nd last year after doing the same. Campbell hasn’t been asked to run a ton of those routes but can. He’s explosive. 

The Bills need guys to run deep routes and to run after the catch. The Bills need some guys capable of making chunk plays. Shady and Clay are the only ones capable of making big plays. I thought that the Bills should have kept Thompson.

Thanks for the info. Thompson seemed to be our speed receiver but there wasn't much production with him. On the other hand just the presence of that type of receiver makes the defense have to account for him. I'm not sure if Rod Streater is considered a speed receiver but it seems that the wrestling coach is enamored with this often injured player. I also get the sense that this regime accentuates height when evaluating the position.