Heartfelt story of female football player.. Toni Harris, best of luck on your goal!

2 hours ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

You are 100% wrong. There is NO woman on the entire planet who can match even the worst athlete on a NFL field. Just like there is not a single woman who can make it in the men’s European League of Basketball, let alone NBA. You are grasping at ideologies and not actual common sense. 

Exactly. 

The fastest 100m time in the history of female athletics is 10.49 by Joyner. THE HISTORY OF FEMALE ATHLETICS. 

Marquise Goodwin ran a 10.24 100m in High School. Marquise goodwin is 5’10” (on a good day) and weighs 180lbs (on a good

day). Hes a tiny guy for NFL standards. He still benched 225 13 times at the combine. 

Joyner was 5’7 128lbs. She wouldnt have been able to bench 225 once. 

Lets get one of the largest female sprinters. Marion Jones. Marion Jones ran a 10.65 100m sprint. 5th fastest in the history of female athletics. Shes 5’10 150lbs. Marion Jones would most likely not be able to put up 225lbs a single time. 

So you have a 0.0001% elite of elite female athlete in Marion Jones who is the same height as Goodwin, weighs 30lbs less, runs slower, and cant bench 225 a single time. Which of those two is getting drafted? 

Marquise Goodwin is an OK/good NFL player. But hes not even among the elite NFL players at his position. So where would Marion Jones stand in that spectrum? And Marion Jones is at the absolute PINNACLE of what a female athlete can be physiologically when you take into account her size and speed. And she cant even match up to a Marquise Goodwin type player. That should put things in perspective. 

Edited by bobobonators

59 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

For those of you against her playing football with men, are you really against it or are you just afraid that she could succeed and that somehow threatens your masculinity? 

I didn't think that was a thing anymore.

IMO, she's just not physically good enough.  I really never see a woman playing football or at the same level as men in a physical sport.

1 hour ago, jkirchofer said:

For those of you against her playing football with men, are you really against it or are you just afraid that she could succeed and that somehow threatens your masculinity? 

i bet if she succeeds, my penis will fall off.  

On 5/14/2018 at 6:40 PM, JinxedBill1 said:

No thanks.  I'm rooting for her but I still think there should be a league for woman like the NBA.  

They would need to play in thongs for it to get any kind of ratings. I am still amazed the WNBA is not bankrupt.

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

They would need to play in thongs for it to get any kind of ratings. I am still amazed the WNBA is not bankrupt.

I knew a WNBA player when I lived in LA 10 years ago.  She had to work at Foot Locker in the offseason just to make enough money.

She was making $33,000 a year as a WNBA player.  She wasn't a star so that's the salary.  

28 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The WNBA doesn’t turn a profit. They should be bankrupt, but the NBA gives them 25 million a year to keep them afloat. They complain about their pay, yet they have empty stadiums and terrible TV ratings.

2 hours ago, jkirchofer said:

If that happens will you hold, coddle, and rock us back and forth telling us it's all okay?

I guess you've just cracked the code as to why Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali in their primes would never dare to box a woman for the heavyweight belt.  Mind blown....

On 5/16/2018 at 6:05 AM, jkirchofer said:

Someone has their "leap to conclusions" mat out today.  I don't think anything that I've read suggested that anyone is "against" her playing football with men.  Technically, she's playing football with men in college, well below the D-1 level that most NFL players come from.  So there's that.  The question is whether she has the qualities needed to play at the NFL level.  The overwhelming conclusion that most get to is that she's not tall enough, not fast enough, and not strong enough.  The comments about people's masculinity is simply a red herring that does nothing for you.

4 hours ago, Luxy312 said:

Someone has their "leap to conclusions" mat out today.  I don't think anything that I've read suggested that anyone is "against" her playing football with men.  Technically, she's playing football with men in college, well below the D-1 level that most NFL players come from.  So there's that.  The question is whether she has the qualities needed to play at the NFL level.  The overwhelming conclusion that most get to is that she's not tall enough, not fast enough, and not strong enough.  The comments about people's masculinity is simply a red herring that does nothing for you.

Well, there were some of those comments in this thread, mostly near the beginning.  But your conclusion captures what everyone seems to agree on precisely.  The only significant difference seems to be some feel no woman could be tall, fast, and strong enough while others feel yes, there could be a handful such women, but since most of them will pursue other sports kind of a moot point.

I certainly would like to know if there is a woman in the WNBA or woman’s professional soccer who could have the height, weight, speed , strength for the NFL

the males in the NFL are like the .01% of the best athletes in the world

on the female side there are girls like Holly Holms and Ronda Rousey and Cyborg but they don’t have the size or speed

then  their are girls like Mya Moore at 6’ 170 But she isn’t fast enough to be a WR or CB and she couldn’t tackle Adrian Peterson or take a hit from Luke Keuchley

Edited by Buffalo716

18 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, there were some of those comments in this thread, mostly near the beginning.  But your conclusion captures what everyone seems to agree on precisely.  The only significant difference seems to be some feel no woman could be tall, fast, and strong enough while others feel yes, there could be a handful such women, but since most of them will pursue other sports kind of a moot point.

Physically, I just don't think there is.  When I think of the population of men in the world in the context of a normal bell curve, with the most of the average in terms of size, strength, speed, etc., the men playing in the NFL are probably in the 99th percentile.  I say that with somewhat of a leap in that there's 53 on an NFL starting roster and 32 teams in the NFL.  In terms of starters, that is literally 0.0017 or if you don't like that 0.17% of the total number of kids playing high school football in a given year.  When I then take the population of female athletes and even looking at who's in their 99.9th percentile, are probably not qualitatively in the men's 99th percentile.  With all of the statistical stuff set aside, I think that for the purpose of simplicity, we simply need to look at Olympics.  Talking purely speed, women fall short of men by about 10%.  When you start talking strength and things like the long jump and high jump, that gap widens to about 15%.  Get into Olympic lifting records for similar weight classes and it further widens to over 20%.  When you combine all of those things and talk about NFL athletes being big, strong, fast, and agile, I just don't see it happening.