NY state attorney general resigned 5-7-18

10 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

The other screwed up part is simply this: if this dude were a Republican, every reporter in the country would be tailing every elected Republican in the country, making them denounce this guy. 

A liberal does it, and already it's old news. Why pay any more attention to this when Trump is trying to pass off some chick to run the CIA?

Well, he did resign when it was revealed...he was condemned immediately by leading Democrats...you really are the perfect example of what I was talking about.. a smart person, blind to how hypocritcal your positions are...I don't want to go through the whole litany of garbage people who have been exposed in the Republican party...you know who they are...and they all went down with a loud whining about the media, or they stay in their postion.

12 hours ago, KD in CA said:

But the difference........is the wife beaters, rapists, etc. on the left (like the POS topic of this thread) are very often the ones puffing up their chests and making career gains out of being 'champions' for women, while slandering their political opponents with accusations of their own transgressions.

There are terrible low-lives on all side of the political asile, but there is no question the hypocrisy leans very heavily to the left.

Another example...no question KD? What world are you living in?

Edited by Buftex
Re wording

4 hours ago, Buftex said:

Another example...no question KD? What world are you living in?

Shneidermanville.

Edit:. Go to Google and type Scheiderman.  The top story is entitled "Who will lead Trump resistance now that Schneiderman is out".  

If you think there would have been a similar story at all, much less top of page, 4-8 years ago had a Repub beat the crap out of women, I don't know what world you are living in.

The Repub Senator that played bathroom stall footsie story went on for months.  Scheiderman shutting down investigations into a sex cult is being peripherally covered by a newspaper from a backwater town and picked up by nobody.

Edited by 4merper4mer

9 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Keep it in your own thread, Crusader.

What are you yelling at me for?  

It was LABillzFan who said regarding Donald Trump "1) he was a well-known Dem for years, having paid into the campaign coffers of the most embarrassing of left-wing politicians like Pelosi; and 2) there was no way a clown like him was going to beat Hillary."

Did I say to LABillzFan that Bill "Slick Willie" Clinton called Donald Trump suggesting Trump "play a larger role in the GOP" and to "focus on Republican base voters" and then Trump announces his decision to run for President in 2016 as a Republican?

No, I didn't.

And did I paste the 2016 Presidential polling chart titled "When Polls Get Close, Trump Says The Craziest Things"?  

No, I didn't.

Go yell at LABillzFan.  He started this - not me.

:P

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/202365-the-real-story-donald-trump-was-a-hillary-clinton-plant-in-the-2016-presidential-election/

12 hours ago, DC Tom said:

At this point what accusations do they have left?  We've run the gamut from Nazi to pedophile to serial killer in the past two years.  All they've got left is "hangs the toilet paper in improper "under" orientation" left, and they're out.

(Side note: the wikipedia page on "toilet paper orientation" has 81 footnotes, 13 "for further reading" links, I-won't-even-count how many references, and a link to the original "toilet paper should hang in "over" orientation" patent.  It's a very serious subject.)

Over lets you set up an emergency roll on top for double paper transactions.

" Well, he did resign when it was revealed...he was condemned immediately by leading Democrats... "

This was well known for years by everyone around him.  Waiting for Woody and Mia's son to finally get it published before doing anything isn't reassuring in the least.

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Shneidermanville.

Edit:. Go to Google and type Scheiderman.  The top story is entitled "Who will lead Trump resistance now that Schneiderman is out".  

If you think there would have been a similar story at all, much less top of page, 4-8 years ago had a Repub beat the crap out of women, I don't know what world you are living in.

The Repub Senator that played bathroom stall footsie story went on for months.  Scheiderman shutting down investigations into a sex cult is being peripherally covered by a newspaper from a backwater town and picked up by nobody.

You really had to go all the way back to Larry Craig?  You know why the Larry Craig thing went on for months?  Because Craig, first plead guilty, and then changed his mind, and refused to resign.  And spineless Republican leadership didn't really pressure him too, for purely political reasons. This is the same Larry Craig who went balls to the walls against Barney Frank when he was caught with a gay prostitute.  You don't see the difference?  I will give Republicans credit, when they are wrong, they will never admit it...I guess that says something.

25 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Over lets you set up an emergency roll on top for double paper transactions.

" Well, he did resign when it was revealed...he was condemned immediately by leading Democrats... "

This was well known for years by everyone around him.  Waiting for Woody and Mia's son to finally get it published before doing anything isn't reassuring in the least.

Agreed.  But, again, pretending that this is a liberal/Democrat weakness is pure bull ****. I know you tough guys here take pride in the fact that you can see through everything, and cut straight to the bs...

And think about what you just said... you guys are always whining about media bias...and here we have an example of a liberal publication taking down somebody that was "one of their own", a "leader in the Trump resistance" as he is being referred to. 

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Buftex said:

You really had to go all the way back to Larry Craig?  You know why the Larry Craig thing went on for months?  Because Craig, first plead guilty, and then changed his mind, and refused to resign.  And spineless Republican leadership didn't really pressure him too, for purely political reasons. This is the same Larry Craig who went balls to the walls against Barney Frank when he was caught with a gay prostitute.  You don't see the difference?  I will give Republicans credit, when they are wrong, they will never admit it...I guess that says something.

Agreed.  But, again, pretending that this is a liberal/Democrat weakness is pure bull ****. I know you tough guys here take pride in the fact that you can see through everything, and cut straight to the bs...

And think about what you just said... you guys are always whining about media bias...and here we have an example of a liberal publication taking down somebody that was "one of their own", a "leader in the Trump resistance" as he is being referred to. 

Goodness golly gee willikers this is a problem that involves everyone and knows no political or racial or religious boundaries.

The conservative side can lean on $$$ to get things quashed, while the liberal side leans on value-posturing and media whitewashing to quash things.

It is extra horrible to trumpet someone as a leader in women's rights though when they knew all along he's a total creep.

19 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Goodness golly gee willikers this is a problem that involves everyone and knows no political or racial or religious boundaries.

The conservative side can lean on $$$ to get things quashed, while the liberal side leans on value-posturing and media whitewashing to quash things.

It is extra horrible to trumpet someone as a leader in women's rights though when they knew all along he's a total creep.

Yawn...there is so much here, but I can see pointing it out is hopeless.  Lets just say the family values party has certainly not been very pure...the current state of the party should make good Republicans (there are some out there, I am sure, but they are in hiding) cringe.

Edited by Buftex

18 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Yawn...there is so much here, but I can see pointing it out is hopeless.  Lets just say the family values party has certainly not been very pure...the current state of the party should make good Republicans (there are some out there, I am sure, but they are in hiding) cringe.

your M.O. is always

Deny deny deny, lying like a total mother!@#$er the whole time, with the media whitewashing it

when it's proven you say "but they do it too...'

welcome to the IGNORE LIST

you have nothing to contribute to a decent discussion on important issues..... farewell fool

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Dude.  I could go back to when I told you the outcomes of the next four NBA Finals and you called me crazy.  But then it all came true.

And I never said Craig was not wrong or some sort of Saint so don't spin it that way.  PEOPLE do all sorts of reprehensible things.  Both political parties will protect their own whenever possible.  They basically have the same toxic business model in terms of how their members get and maintain power.

The difference is how these stories are treated by the press and to an extent the bureaucracy itself. 

Answer honestly if you think, with the parties reversed, after something like Schneiderman took place, if the top link from Google would be an article concerned about who might pick up the torch to rail against a Democrat Prez. 

If show, please cite one example of a Republican beating the crap out of several girlfriends, or something of equal repugnance being met by the press with a lead story about who is best to succeed him in his efforts to derail a Dem.  Feel free to reach back as far in history as you can.

4 hours ago, PearlHowardman said:

What are you yelling at me for?  

It was LABillzFan who said regarding Donald Trump "1) he was a well-known Dem for years, having paid into the campaign coffers of the most embarrassing of left-wing politicians like Pelosi; and 2) there was no way a clown like him was going to beat Hillary."

Did I say to LABillzFan that Bill "Slick Willie" Clinton called Donald Trump suggesting Trump "play a larger role in the GOP" and to "focus on Republican base voters" and then Trump announces his decision to run for President in 2016 as a Republican?

No, I didn't.

And did I paste the 2016 Presidential polling chart titled "When Polls Get Close, Trump Says The Craziest Things"?  

No, I didn't.

Go yell at LABillzFan.  He started this - not me.

:P

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/202365-the-real-story-donald-trump-was-a-hillary-clinton-plant-in-the-2016-presidential-election/

Now there you go again, Crusader.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

your M.O. is always

Deny deny deny, lying like a total mother!@#$er the whole time, with the media whitewashing it

when it's proven you say "but they do it too...'

welcome to the IGNORE LIST

you have nothing to contribute to a decent discussion on important issues..... farewell fool

The feeling is mutual!  And, for the record, I am not denying anything...just pointing out the double-standard many of you use...but hey, The entire PPP is a monument to "but they do it too.."

Edited by Buftex

4 minutes ago, Buftex said:

The feeling is mutual!  The entire PPP is a monument to "but they do it too.."

Spoken like a true drive-by poster who can't let go of preconceived notions.

The fact remains that while there's a definite right/conservative bent among the regular posters here, there's far more debate among the people who you reflexively lump into the GOP camp than anything that passes for a debate among whatever is left of the left. 

That surely has everything to do with the right/conservative ethos of focusing on the individual and allowing people to hold their own opinions.  That's also why the few people here with open and independent mindsets and identify themselves as Democrats, often agree with the right/conservative positions posted here.

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, GG said:

Spoken like a true drive-by poster who can't let go of preconceived notions.

The fact remains that while there's a definite right/conservative bent among the regular posters here, there's far more debate among the people who you reflexively lump into the GOP camp than anything that passes for a debate among whatever is left of the left. 

That surely has everything to do with the right/conservative ethos of focusing on the individual and allowing people to hold their own opinions.  That's also why the few people here with open and independent mindsets and identify themselves as Democrats, often agree with the right/conservative positions posted here.

Yes, I get it. The PPP stallwarts are the real-thinkers, so their hypocrisy is beyond reproach.

4 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Yes, I get it. The PPP stallwarts are the real-thinkers, so their hypocrisy is beyond reproach.

Which hypocrisy is that?  The unanimous backing of Trump, Roy Moore, John McCain just because they have an "R" attached to them?

Are you seriously arguing that the right/conservative posters here suffer from the same groupthink that's infected the Democrats?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

Which hypocrisy is that?  The unanimous backing of Trump, Roy Moore, John McCain just because they have an "R" attached to them?

Are you seriously arguing that the right/conservative posters here suffer from the same groupthink that's infected the Democrats?

Yup! You just have your own tired arguments...

Just now, Buftex said:

Yup! You just have your own tired arguments...

Then it should be very easy for you to show a healthy debate among Democrats, either in this forum or in the public sphere.

Ready, set, go!