Watch: AJ McCarron "Highlights" from 2015

26 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I can’t speak for most and I havnt said much on this topic as of late but my main gripe is with individuals like you that want no part of any excuse for Taylor and then you go on to have a long list of them in a post like this for McCarron. But then again you’ve always been fairly shameless on bending arguments to fit your narrative. Stats matter sometimes for you. Sometimes they don’t. Excuses matter for you.... but then sometimes they don’t. Bottom line is McCarron had a much better team around him in 15 than Taylor has ever had and didn’t produce any better than Taylor ever has. 

He might end up being better. I sure hope he is. I’m holding out hope that he will be based on a couple more years of learning and experience since his lackluster fill-in job. But there is no real proof he’ll be an upgrade.  Anyone acting like they know McCarron will be better based on past performance is making themselves look silly. I’m not saying you in particular. I just mean in general. 

It’s comical to me seeing some of the same people that bagged on Taylor and his production are hyping McCarron. It makes slim to no sense. 

There is a major difference here Stank. 

I was fully behind Tyrod Taylor season 1 in Buffalo. 

I was fully behind Tyrod Taylor at the beginning of season 2. 

Midway through season 2 I started to have my doubts. 

Just a few weeks into season 3 I was convinced Tyrod Taylor had little more to offer the Bills and he was as much a hindrance than a benefit to the Bills offense.  

It came down to how effective he was and not so how much he passed for.   

Again Tyrod was passing 180 ypg in his 7th season with 40+ games as a starter.   AJMcCarron was passing 180 ypg in his 2nd season with 0-4 games under his belt.

50 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

3 pts in a playoff game isn't going to cut it. I don't need to see the  statistics, I watch the games.

I think this is an accurate assessment.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/01/tyrod_taylor_ranked_dead_last_among_playoff_qbs_by_cbs_sports_pete_prisco.html

Those stats are their entire NFL bodies of work, including their playoff games. If you want to ignore the larger sample size for a minuscule one that's your choice. Hopefully that's not something you learned at the incredible educational institution that is the University of Alabama though.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Those stats are their entire NFL bodies of work, including their playoff games. If you want to ignore the larger sample size for a minuscule one that's your choice. Hopefully that's not something you learned at the incredible educational institution that is the University of Alabama though.

So where would you have ranked TT?

He was so good we benched him and traded him away.

His body of work wasn;'t good and he was abysmal in the playoff game.

Edited by Sky Diver

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

So where would you have ranked TT?

When? In what context?

In 2015? Tyrod was my 13th best QB, McCarron would have come in at 30th. For context, Dalton was 6th in 2015.

Over the past 3 years combined? Tyrod is my 19th best QB, McCarron would be 27th. For context, Dalton was T-17th over the past 3 years.

The fact is that McCarron has been worse than Tyrod in nearly every relevant QB statistic based on their entire bodies of work. Does that mean AJ can't improve? No, but to expect it is being optimistic at best.

28 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Again Tyrod was passing 180 ypg in his 7th season with 40+ games as a starter.   AJMcCarron was passing 180 ypg in his 2nd season with 0-4 games under his belt.

and so that's where my hope lies with McCarron. he was young and hadn't played much. but the bottom line is nobody can reference his body of work in the nfl as to why he's gonna be an upgrade.

he had a STACKED squad around him and wasn't real impressive.

• Like (+1) 1

arguing over a player that is gone over a player presently on the roster, entertainment at its best. myself, the one that is gone I care no more for, the one on the roster if his number is called, as a bills fan, not a browns fan, I hope he does well. whether he does or not remains to be seen.

how many more months of this bickering back and fourth?

unfortunately, too many.

4 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

arguing over a player that is gone over a player presently on the roster, entertainment at its best. myself, the one that is gone I care no more for, the one on the roster if his number is called, as a bills fan, not a browns fan, I hope he does well. whether he does or not remains to be seen.

unfortunately, too many.

Depends how long people insist on using him as the measuring stick, I suppose.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Depends how long people insist on using him as the measuring stick, I suppose.

he may not even start. the rookie may beat him out. regardless, comparing a former traded player to one presently in line to possibly start is irrelevant.

On 5/7/2018 at 12:24 PM, ddaryl said:

Well we drafted a project. So if your above is what is expected then we drafted the worng guy. Allen needs to learn the pro game not be forced into it.

if he devleps in a year or 2 that is fantastic, but by game 4 is a huge stretch IMO. Maybe the last 4 games of 2018

how is drafting a project doing the right thing?

When all other 1st round QB's are starting and winning a few games for their team by week 6 and Allen is still on the bench b/c he can't read an NFL defense it means we drafted the wrong QB.

2 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

When all other 1st round QB's are starting and winning a few games for their team by week 6 and Allen is still on the bench b/c he can't read an NFL defense it means we drafted the wrong QB.

It is what it is.. If Beane and McDermott get him to play up to his ceiling who the hell is going to care going forward.

I wasn't on the Allen train pre draft but I'm now looking forward and not backward

35 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

Wow I guess RGIII was the best draft pick in 2012 in that case.

• Haha (+1) 1

No offense to anyone, especially AJ, but other than the games he may start while Allen is learning and being a backup after that, he’s largely irrelevant to this team. 

I think the reason a QB like AJ is here instead of TT is because the bills have to have a semblance of an NFL passing game, primarily to let their rookie QB (Allen) learn. 

So I hope he lights it up, not expecting it. Also not expecting Peterman level disaster. And all that really matters is getting JA ready for prime time. 

1 hour ago, Yeezus said:

There seem to be a lot of "ifs" in your "when" statement.  You're suggesting Mayfield (despite Jackson insisting Taylor will start), Darnold, Rosen, AND Jackson (despite Flacco as the incumbent starter) will all be starting by Week 3 (if not week 1) and will win 3 in a row ("few" ~ >3) against whatever their respective competition may be.

Implausible, but I'll work with it.  The question will be: what are they looking like at the end of the season, and what are they doing next season?   I think if we're trying to build a perennial contender, we do need a longer timeline than 3-6 games, wouldn't you agree?

Let me give you a Bills "acid flashback" to illustrate my point.  The year is 2011.  Ryan Fitzpatrick has just won 4 and lost 2 games, looking very good in the wins.  Offensive player of the Month that Sept. Bills proclaim him "All That" and on October 28th, signs a 6 year contract with a $10M signing bonus - big money for 7 years ago.  You know the rest.

I think we ought to wait just a few more games than Week 6 of this year before reaching conclusions about this draft class and our QB.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

and so that's where my hope lies with McCarron. he was young and hadn't played much. but the bottom line is nobody can reference his body of work in the nfl as to why he's gonna be an upgrade.  [1]

he had a STACKED squad around him and wasn't real impressive. [2] 

[1]  You are making my point.   

[2] We are talking about his sophomore season, where he had never played before in a meaningful NFL game. 

What (idiot) coach would tell him to go out there and pass the ball with abandon?  KISS  

5 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

unfortunately, too many.

As you mentioned    -    Until a starter is Officially named and then some

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/7/2018 at 6:11 PM, ScottLaw said:

All this does is confirm to me that the Browns were a !@#$ing joke. 

A 2nd and 3rd for AJ McCarron is incredibly stupid. Dorsey at least has a track record of having some what of a clue. 

Your point that the Browns PRIOR to Dorsey arriving wanted to give the Bengals a 2nd and 3rd for McCarron tells me nothing about the comparison between him and Tyrod on the football field. It tells me that Browns management was truly !@#$ing awful before Dorsey. 

Ill be willing to bet a lot of money the Browns offense under Tyrod will be better than the Bills under McCarron. Tyrod will prove he's the better QB. 

but then during and after next season...after we hosted a wc game,  that the only reason the bills record and qb stats were so much better is because tyrod is in a tougher division, yadda, yadda, yadda. i can hear it already....lol

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

When? In what context?

In 2015? Tyrod was my 13th best QB, McCarron would have come in at 30th. For context, Dalton was 6th in 2015.

Over the past 3 years combined? Tyrod is my 19th best QB, McCarron would be 27th. For context, Dalton was T-17th over the past 3 years.

The fact is that McCarron has been worse than Tyrod in nearly every relevant QB statistic based on their entire bodies of work. Does that mean AJ can't improve? No, but to expect it is being optimistic at best.

I don't think anyone "expects" it but to just throw all his bad highlights out there and just state his bad stats is close minded. When his good points are pointed out those are thrown out the window. If you just watched the highlights and listened to some people on here you'd think the guy couldn't throw a forward pass. Right now NO ONE knows anything about how he will do with this opportunity with this team. It doesn't matter how much you dislike the guy (not you personally) or what stats you throw out there, you don't know how he will do. So it would be nice if people would give the guy a chance and keep an open mind.

5 hours ago, Bfanlc said:

I don't think anyone "expects" it but to just throw all his bad highlights out there and just state his bad stats is close minded. When his good points are pointed out those are thrown out the window. If you just watched the highlights and listened to some people on here you'd think the guy couldn't throw a forward pass. Right now NO ONE knows anything about how he will do with this opportunity with this team. It doesn't matter how much you dislike the guy (not you personally) or what stats you throw out there, you don't know how he will do. So it would be nice if people would give the guy a chance and keep an open mind.

You might want to think again. This whole conversation started because someone claimed AJ already is an upgrade. Which others, myself included asked 'based on what?' in return. And this isn't the only thread or person who's done it.

Also, I have not provided highlights or lowlights of any kind. I have reviewed all of his NFL stats though, not just his bad ones, and compared them to those of the QB people are claiming he is better than.

16 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

You might want to think again. This whole conversation started because someone claimed AJ already is an upgrade. Which others, myself included asked 'based on what?' in return. And this isn't the only thread or person who's done it.

Also, I have not provided highlights or lowlights of any kind. I have reviewed all of his NFL stats though, not just his bad ones, and compared them to those of the QB people are claiming he is better than.

Stats don’t tell the whole story. As they say, there are lies, damn lies, and statistics.