MW restructuring (and CW cut)?

Would anyone shed a tear if Coy Wire was released?  What I'm hoping this does is free enough room for a Demulling signing and a trade for Shelton.

274982[/snapback]

I will shed a tear if Wire is released (well a virtual tear since paraphrasing Tom Hanks- are you crying? There's no cryining in football).

My tear will not be because i think he has made positive contributions to this team that justify a large cap hit. I will be crying because I think he is a talented player who has no fear of hitting whose development was totally mismanaged by GW cause he got thrown in at starting safety because GW/Gray blew their estimation of how much Jenkins had left.

Wire should have been targeted and trained to try to be his version of having Taker like impact on ST right from the start. Instead they leaned on him at the distraction of the the safety position when they screwed up their Jenkins estimation.

I think its a shame.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will shed a tear if Wire is released (well a virtual tear since paraphrasing Tom Hanks- are you crying? There's no cryining in football).

My tear will not be because i think he has made positive contributions to this team that justify a large cap hit. I will be crying because I think he is a talented player who has no fear of hitting whose development was totally mismanaged by GW cause he got thrown in at starting safety because GW/Gray blew their estimation of how much Jenkins had left.

Wire should have been targeted and trained to try to be his version of having Taker like impact on ST right from the start. Instead they leaned on him at the distraction of the the safety position when they screwed up their Jenkins estimation.

I think its a shame.

275128[/snapback]

I think it's a shame that he's slated to make $1.3M this year.

If his cap hit was only the veteran minimum as it should be, he might be staying.

I think its a shame.

275128[/snapback]

I think it would be a shame to waste a 2nd round pick on a guy just to play special teams. I don't think you can train someone to be a Steve Tasker. Wire was a bust and a waste of a 2nd round pick.

RTB

I think its a shame.

275128[/snapback]

Bad selection, bad pick. Not an NFL starting player.

I said he would be gone, Reese also.

He was a 3rd round pick. <_<

275175[/snapback]

You're absolutely right. I got my info from the Buffalo Bills.com roster

"How Acquired: '02 Draft (2nd Round)"

Please replace 2nd round in my previous post with 3rd round. Still a wasted pick, just not as bad as a 2.

RTB

Are you talking about the great Coy Wire, who is so good as a ST'er, that he didn't even dress for the last game of the season? :)  <_<

275065[/snapback]

The Bills ST did not have a great game against pittsburgh.

With the removal of Prioleau and the possible removal of Wire from ST I wouldn't be suprised to see the ST rankings go down some next year.

The Bills ST did not have a great game against pittsburgh.

With the removal of Prioleau and the possible removal of Wire from ST I wouldn't be suprised to see the ST rankings go down some next year.

275190[/snapback]

My point is that Wire is touted as a great ST'er, yet for some reason he was not even dressed for the Pit game? <_<

My point is that Wire is touted as a great ST'er, yet for some reason he was not even dressed for the Pit game? <_<

275199[/snapback]

And my point was that the Bills ST did not have a great game against pittsburgh when Wire did not play. :)

And my point was that the Bills ST did not have a great game against pittsburgh when Wire did not play.  <_<

275208[/snapback]

So why did the coaches decide not to dress the next "Steve Tasker" for the Pittsburgh game if there was going to be such a negative impact on the play of the ST????

He's a UFA and more than likely will not be re-signed.

275224[/snapback]

Great. I'm glad to see that the Bills are cleaning some house in

the secondary. Seems like bad things happen when backups

from both saftey positions were on the field.

So prior to MW restructuring or CW getting released the Bills are 2 mil under the cap as it stands today.  IF MW restructures as stated above, the Bills are 4 million under.  Does TD go after a couple more FA's or does he try and sign NC to a long term deal?  We'll see....

275007[/snapback]

I hope he locks clements up for 5 years. This guy is a stud, but CB have ben getting ridiculous cash.

I do hope we resign Prileau. He was our leading ST tackler. TD offered him a 3 year deal, which reduced his rate but his agent thought he could do better elsewhere. Here's hoping he can't and TD takes him back, cause I'd love to have him here again.