Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Wayne Arnold

Our QB coach hasn't coached quarterbacks since Ronald Reagan was President...

Recommended Posts

...at some college named Southwestern Louisiana.

 

culley_career.thumb.jpg.0a6cbabbe959cad426572b52785a89fc.jpg

 

How in the hell am I supposed to have faith that he can develop our project 22 year old QB into something resembling a franchise quarterback?

 

Daboll has at least coached quarterbacks a couple of times in the current millennium...although to meh results. Not to mention is poor record as an NFL OC. 

 

We're all supposed to believe that this is all going to turn out just fine and dandy?! Talk about blind faith...

 

 

 

Edited by Wayne Arnold
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been trying to stay optimistic but that sounds like a disaster. Not happy at all if this is true. Want QB coaches with youth, but some pedigree, that's actually relatable and is following passing development.

 

Anybody remember Major Applewhite from the longhorns? I'd hire him in a heartbeat

 

Us arsehole millennials want a coach that gets us ;). Sean mcvay style, McDermott style

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I've been trying to stay optimistic but that sounds like a disaster. Not happy at all if this is true. Want QB coaches with youth, but some pedigree, that's actually relatable and is following passing development.

 

Anybody remember Major Applewhite from the longhorns? I'd hire him in a heartbeat

 

Applewhite is a college head coach. Why in the hell would he leave that job for an assistant coach job in Western New York?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the coach make the QB or does the QB make the coach? How many times have these so called QB/offensive gurus been hired by a franchise to work some of their magic and it doesnt work out bc they cant work miracles. 

Edited by bobobonators

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

 

Applewhite is a college head coach. Why in the hell would he leave that job for an assistant coach job in Western New York?

I had no idea just saying that's the type I want. Where does he coach?

 

I'll pay him whatever he wants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been bringing this up since he was first hired. It's still a concern.

 

But that said, I went back to the last staff that was highly successful in building up a high pick project QB. The 1999/2000 Eagles with McNabb. Notice any familiar names?...

 

Head coaches

Offensive coaches

 

Plus, looking at what Daboll did last year with a true freshman, Tua Tagovailoa, and the air attack they put on in the 2nd half of the National Championship... I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

 

 

Edited by DrDawkinstein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time I will address this because I have 100 times already and can’t keep typing it out lol

 

Yes, Culley has not been a QB coach for a long time, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t very capable 

 

Culley is super respected in coaching circles and has the respect of some of the best minds in the game.

 

He is a technician, and harps on fundamentals and repetition and Xs and Os... he was a savant as a WR coach, all about the details

 

He brought that 100% to the QB room. I have seen good WR coaches become good QB coaches and vice versa 

 

He is not a WR coach by trade he is a FOOTBALL coach with vast amounts of knowledge 

  • Like (+1) 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I had no idea just saying that's the type I want. Where does he coach?

 

Houston Cougars

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Last time I will address this because I have 100 times already and can’t keep typing it out lol

 

Yes, Culley has not been a QB coach for a long time, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t very capable 

 

Culley is super respected in coaching circles and has the respect of some of the best minds in the game.

 

He is a technician, and harps on fundamentals and repetition and Xs and Os... he was a savant as a WR coach, all about the details

 

He brought that 100% to the QB room. I have seen good WR coaches become good QB coaches and vice versa 

 

He is not a WR coach by trade he is a FOOTBALL coach with vast amounts of knowledge 

 

Good info, thank you. It is promising that Andy Reid thought enough of him to give him the Assistant Head Coach title in KC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doomed!!!

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

...at some college named Southwestern Louisiana.

 

culley_career.thumb.jpg.0a6cbabbe959cad426572b52785a89fc.jpg

 

How in the hell am I supposed to have faith that he can develop our project 22 year old QB into something resembling a franchise quarterback?

 

Daboll has at least coached quarterbacks a couple of times in the current millennium...although to meh results. Not to mention is poor record as an NFL OC. 

 

We're all supposed to believe that this is all going to turn out just fine and dandy?! Talk about blind faith...

 

 

 

 

A QB coach isn't going to make or break a player.  Some teams don't even have a QB coach.  Daboll is going to be his main developer.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trust the process?

 

I’ll be honest, my trust is waning. But at this point we are committed to seeing this relic of a process through and I’m hoping for the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

 

A QB coach isn't going to make or break a player.  Some teams don't even have a QB coach.  Daboll is going to be his main developer.  

 

Keep telling yourself that Royale! If I had 2 weeks with Brady back in 2000 I coulda ruined him I tell ya!

 

Ruined him!!

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

 

A QB coach isn't going to make or break a player.  Some teams don't even have a QB coach.  Daboll is going to be his main developer.  

 

Like the 2013 Bills and their rookie QB... :sick:

 

We do need a good QB coach. Wentz has/had a great one. Prescott has a great one.

 

The more we can align HC/OC/QB coach to be focused on QB development, the better.

 

I agree that Daboll will have a big hand in development, but it should be on the QB coach too.

 

2 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

Trust the process?

 

I’ll be honest, my trust is waning. But at this point we are committed to seeing this relic of a process through and I’m hoping for the best.

 

They are coming off the first playoff season in 17 years, and for the first time in franchise history used their 1st overall pick on a top QB prospect. Why is your trust waning now?

 

Edited by DrDawkinstein

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Word on the street is that he does make a mean Reuben sandwich, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huuuummmmmmmmm

 

Seems very strange that Daball could have fired him but refused to do so...

 

Maybe the fans don't know everything here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

 

Like the 2013 Bills and their rookie QB... :sick:

 

We do need a good QB coach. Wentz has/had a great one. Prescott has a great one.

 

The more we can align HC/OC/QB coach to be focused on QB development, the better.

 

I agree that Daboll will have a big hand in development, but it should be on the QB coach too.

 

The 2018 Bills do have a QB coach.  I think the transition between WR and QB isn't going to be difficult as far as coaching.  I think it's an advantage he's done both.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

 

The 2018 Bills do have a QB coach.  I think the transition between WR and QB isn't going to be difficult as far as coaching.  I think it's an advantage he's done both.

 

Agreed, Im not that worried about the transition for a coach who has been around as long as Culley and who is so highly regarded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

 

Agreed, Im not that worried about the transition for a coach who has been around as long as Culley and who is so highly regarded.

 

Josh Allen doesn't need a QB coach.....A QB coach needs Josh Allen.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't see the lack of experience as a problem.

 

Sincerely,

Trump

  • Confused 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...