Bulldog and Shopp routing for McCarron to be average

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't know what you mean by so conservative.  Did he have a reputation in Cincinnati for not taking chances down the field?  We don't have any speed threats anyways.  Being an efficient quarterback who makes smart and quick decisions while limiting mistakes gives McCarron the best chance to win and maintain the starting role.  

I agree but in Buffalo that sometimes turns into Edwards. We also don't want Allen to be Losman, he hit 2 - 80 yard TD's in the air against Houston in a comeback win. Maybe some day but I want each to recognize the virtues of each others game. We in that WAY!

3 minutes ago, ALF said:

I'm rooting for Allen and AJ to progress into a good starter. Then be able to trade AJ for a high pick if he is too good to be a backup. 

Still hope for Peterman to progress to at least a good backup. I just hope Jordan Palmer is right about Allen.

3 minutes ago, ALF said:

I'm rooting for Allen and AJ to progress into a good starter. Then be able to trade AJ for a high pick if he is too good to be a backup. 

Still hope for Peterman to progress to at least a good backup. I just hope Jordan Palmer is right about Allen.

Be opened minded McCarron is so good Allen is traded for 3 - 1st round picks to Cleveland in 2 years. If that happens McCarron is leading us to the playoffs and beyond. This guy won 2 Championships and Redshirted a 3rd!!!!!!Q

3 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

I agree but in Buffalo that sometimes turns into Edwards. We also don't want Allen to be Losman, he hit 2 - 80 yard TD's in the air against Houston in a comeback win. Maybe some day but I want each to recognize the virtues of each others game. We in that WAY!

You lost me.  Why are you comparing these two QB's to previous QB's?  They're different players playing in a different offensive system with different players.  Please explain what you're trying to accomplish with this thread.

Thurmond #1, I agree if someone doesn’t like a show, they shouldn’t listen, but whether someone lives in Buffalo is irrelevant.  I grew up on South Park Ave., and moved away as an adult for better opportunities.  That doesn’t mean I don’t love my Bills will still listen toWgr when it is related to the Bills

• Like (+1) 2

I did not write this post to trash Bulldog and Shopp. I listened for years Mike talk on radio in Rochester NY. Rochester wanted a soccer stadium, he isn't a soccer fan but Matthews was passionate. I get Mike (Golf), liked his draft status till he gave in to draft up. Bills did, both of them won and lost because who they wanted and what happened. My big disdain is WHY?, they won't root for all 3, create a competition for which QB comes on top, talk them up, create some fun, track their play and create a Buffalo fantasy who may win the job. Maybe even get a show where all three come on the show monthly in good fun to talk about the other guys greatest accomplishments for the month, TEAM. WHY not be forward thinking instead of chastising each QB's deficiencies. 

24 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

You lost me.  Why are you comparing these two QB's to previous QB's?  They're different players playing in a different offensive system with different players.  Please explain what you're trying to accomplish with this thread.

That is the problem with Bills fans. EJ and Losman didn't make it so Allen can't. McCarron is a smart QB, wins so was Edwards with Walsh annointing him the next great Stanford QB. McCarron was the next great Alabama QB. The difference here is none of these comparisons matter. They are each their own QB, own circumstances, One Buffalo, 1st pick lottery Sabres, new future for Buffalo sports. ENJOY! WATCH! HAVE FUN!

Edited by USABuffaloFan
  • Like (+1) 1

Who cares what they think!!!!!!!!!

Their job is to talk.  They need to have something to talk about.  Of course they dont want a cut and dry situation.  If your a Bills fan you would be rooting for them to be good not 2 and 3.   They want that so the can grand stand the idea of lets see what the rookie had got.  

danger and battaglia, are just as bad.  Its sports shock radio and they treat a controversy to have something to talk about.   

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Yes I fall into that but what other station should I be listening to for Bills stuff living in Orlando. I get WGR streaming all day while on the road.

wroc espn rochester 950am.  noon to 3  the sports bar with danger and battaglia. it's all bills and blows shoop and the bdog away. i for one, love one bills live. they have awesome guests and just the plain fact that they are talking bills is good enough for me.

i listened with donald jones and have always loved steve tasker, so i'm happy there. i don't get the knocks on tasker. i tend to believe those people can't remember his playing days on this team. he's obviously good enough for cbs....

my biggest beef with the station is the constant sabres, sabres, sabres.

edit: i made a mistake . i listen to wgr noon to 3 and then the sports bar 3-6.

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, USABuffaloFan said:

That is all I am saying and yes, Allen is being demonized too. Like if Rosen was picked it would be Kelly rose again as God. I remember those signs about Kelly. Fans are fickle, I expect more from professional radio hosts!

i think they have a common sense plan and plan on a.j. this year. beane knows that a.j. and nate are miles ahead already and i think they feel they can win/go to the playoffs with a.j.  i believe that we are in a perfect situation qb wise and can let allen get a year under his belt.

i'm glad we have a staff that won't make decisions based on popularity.

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, TikiTailgateRentals said:

I'd be happy if Bulldog would stop the nose breathing into the mic all day every day.  

Based upon wishful thinking (some mine, some theirs), Schtupp will be teaching college level courses, but failing all the students...they simply don't get it.  Bulldog will be back to Santora's Pizza, but as assistant manager.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, 8-8 Forever? said:

I think they will make the playoffs again this year with AJ and this years group, which IMO looks better than last years and has a much better OC.   Just my opinion.   AJ can't possibly be less productive than Taylor and they will open the season with a better WR group than last year.   D looks better than last year with the new guys coming in, Shaq being back, etc.   Doesn't look like the division got much better.   Allen can sit for a year.   So I see a good year ahead.   

Edited by 8-8 Forever?

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

I completely agree with you.  Make it a three way QB battle.  I don't think Allen will win the job as he just has too much work to put in before he's ready, but give him the chance.  The best problem to have would be A Drew Brees/Phillip Rivers type situation like they had in San Diego.

they can't prepare for the season by giving equal snaps all the time. they have to view a.j. as the starter (unless nate blows him away), just the same as they need to settle the oline asap.

2 minutes ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

I think they will make the playoffs again this year with AJ and this years group, which IMO looks better than last years and has a much better OC.   Just my opinion.   AJ can't possibly be less productive than Taylor and they will open the season with a better WR group than last year.   D looks better than last year with the new guys coming in, Shaq being back, etc.   Doesn't look like the division got much better.   So I see a good year ahead.   

Look out for the Jets!  They'll line up so many quarterbacks in the backfield, you'll never know who's going to get the snap.  Defend against THAT!  Wrecks should make a comeback in that circus.

4 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

“Routing”...you’re on a roll tonight.

They might be doing custom woodwork and countertops.  Preparing for the inevitable career after radio.

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, JXCOL3 said:

I can not stand shopp and bulldog. Just the way they deliver their opinions is awful. So happy we have the sportsbar in rochester 

which one sounds like he's had a 12 pack and makes me picture him slobbering and spitting into the mike...shoop?

I’m convinced they have blackmail photos of someone at  Entercom.  

As two dudes that probably never played meaningful sports in their lives, it’s surprising they can fill any air time at all on the topic.

folks who get mad at their opinions need to understand its not based on analysis and may even be outlined or scripted for them. 

If you want evidence about their their ignorance of sport, they claimed to like and know hockey the most.  They cried over and over for the Sabres to tank for Eichel and for Bylsma as a coach. Both turned out epic failures. I’ve not listened but I’m guesing they never owned that. 

Since you live elswhere, just enjoy the Cellino and Barnes and yancys fancy commercials as a touch of Home, and realize they are your gambling elderly  nieghbor and drunk cousin in law that ramble on about nothing 3-4 hours a day, with some mild focus on buffalo sports.  

(Edit- Eichel isn’t a failure, but the Sabres have been) 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 2

I don’t think you understand a modern radio host’s job. It’s not to have sensible takes on subjects. It’s to create controversy and buzz. 

The fact that you started a thread on a subject they are discussing means they’ve accomplished their mission.

• Thank you (+1) 1