Amazon Prime raising rates

Greybeard

6 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Anyway, some Dude knocks on door and passed package off to me.  I say thanks! :lol:

They probably should be a bit more professional, @ leastleast wear a uni of some sort?  Maybe an Id? He shows up in white pimped out Dodge Charger.  Here in da Hood, I saw him in front of house and thought maybe I should duck.  Drive-by?

hey-thats-racist.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

I use it..  You can't beat the efficient delivery component of Amazon Prime.  I ordered a nearly 100 lb. piece of equipment from Amazon and had it in 48 hours.

Other vendors would sent that ground freight and I'd be lucky to have it inside of a week.

IMO, they will use drone deliveries for rural deliveries.  At some point, everyone will have a 3x3 pad/storage locker in their yard somewhere that will have an RF signal where a drone will open it up with the RFID and deposit your package.  

Whoever comes up with the efficient drone delivery system will be a billionaire because today it's Amazon, tomorrow it's groceries, pharmaceuticals, etc.  

On 4/30/2018 at 8:52 AM, unbillievable said:

I've seen Prime products cost more than the identical non-Prime item because they know Prime members filter out those results.

Yet with Prime shipping is free and almost guaranteed two day delivery. Most places charge $2-$5 for delivery so if you order 30 or more items a year you make up the cost plus the straming service. To me it's worth it.

On 4/30/2018 at 5:24 PM, sherpa said:

They also have 32 767's, through a leasing company that have re-outfitted for cargo.

Takes the guess work out of whether they intend to handle the big miles in their delivery system. 

i saw one of these last night at TPA (tampa) airport. big plane with no windows and amazon logo on it.

On 5/3/2018 at 8:15 PM, The Jokeman said:

Yet with Prime shipping is free and almost guaranteed two day delivery. Most places charge $2-$5 for delivery so if you order 30 or more items a year you make up the cost plus the straming service. To me it's worth it.

It's a good way to get people to buy 30+ items a year to justify the cost. Personally, I can wait an extra 3 days for my stuff to arrive. If I need it immediately, I'll go to a store locally.

On 4/30/2018 at 11:15 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

On Saturday it was my first delivery like that.  Body lift for Jeep, I ordered it the night before.  It was free Prime, so I said what the heck... Even though other suspension parts are arriving through week, like shocks and coils.

Anyway, some Dude knocks on door and passed package off to me.  I say thanks! :lol:

They probably should be a bit more professional, @ leastleast wear a uni of some sort?  Maybe an Id? He shows up in white pimped out Dodge Charger.  Here in da Hood, I saw him in front of house and thought maybe I should duck.  Drive-by?

maybe it came from the affiliate directly. are they close by?

I showed the data  but I expected someone to comment on what the increase means to Amazon.  $20 more a year at 100 Million subscribers is 2 BILLION dollars.   Now that is the way to boost your bottom line.  Either that or maybe the production costs for Bosch have gotten out of hand.<_<     Amazon must be thinking they are a drug company.

Also if you did not read the article, you have until June 16 to renew before the price increase goes into affect.