Well, this awful economy in Buffalo still found

I was in Buffalo this weekend for an interview at Geico. I applied last week, got a call the next day, so decided to fly home this weekend (I just landed back in WPB an hour ago). Anyway, had an hour long interview on Saturday morning. Then came back and had a THREE hour interview today. And right on the spot they offered me the job (as an underwriter). It's not in my field of Marketing, but they pay is surprisingly good, I get a 10% discount on my Car insurance, and the health and dental benefits start the FIRST day you start to work. Anyway, just a bit excited as it just so happens the day I start and the day I leave Florida are 4 days apart (including a weekend). I will miss two days of work during the entire move.

You can send your congrats in the form of cash..

:lol::P :P

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Buffalo this weekend for an interview at Geico. I applied last week, got a call the next day, so decided to fly home this weekend (I just landed back in WPB an hour ago). Anyway, had an hour long interview on Saturday morning. Then came back and had a THREE hour interview today. And right on the spot they offered me the job (as an underwriter). It's not in my field of Marketing, but they pay is surprisingly good, I get a 10% discount on my Car insurance, and the health and dental benefits start the FIRST day you start to work.  Anyway, just a bit excited as it just so happens the day I start and the day I leave Florida are 4 days apart (including a weekend). I will miss two days of work during the entire move.

You can send your congrats in the form of cash..

;):lol:;)

274728[/snapback]

Wow, that is very cool!

You did inform them of the amount of time you spend here didn't you? :P

Is the gecko a lizzard or a salamander? :P If you can get me his autograph I will paypal postage. :lol:

Wow, from Marketing to Underwriting? From what I've seen most marketing folks are more like you, outgoing, charismatic whereas most underwriters are quiet and aloof.

Congrats, guy! That's awesome you found something so quickly.