Buffalo Buds Draft Grades

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I haven't said anything of the sort.  I know nothing about the kid and have said it's stupid to grade drafts till they actually get on the field.  You claimed he was on no one's boards and when challenged admitted you have no clue.  Otherwise known as talking out of your butt.

There's no such thing as grading a draft post draft.. they're paid to give out grades on the spot

13 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

There's no such thing as grading a draft post draft.. they're paid to give out grades on the spot

Formal semantics.

Are they good players?

Who is a bust?

Those guys who grade drafts are normally incorrect down the road.

6 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Gotcha he’s gonna go from being one of the best linebacker in college to forgetting how to play lb. 

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Edmunds is a C????  Wow.  You just declared yourself inept imo

Hahahahaha!!!! This just keeps getting better and better. 

Startng to realize that our fans aren’t as smart as I thought we were. 

The Tsw meltdown over drafting Allen is just epic.  

I'm used to it...I got the same flack WAY back when I wanted to dump Fitz, and fire Chan... I got Flamed when I wanted Wilson in '12... Shamed for opposing a 1st round  QB pick in '13... Vilified for supporting Jim Schwartz and  opposing the Ryan hiring... Attacked for wanting Tyrod gone in '16 .... It's like it always is... ME ahead of the curve, and the Kool-Aid sipping simps lagging behind it.... This regime got incredibly lucky last season. -Sadly, luck runs out... And with drafts like this one, that shouldn't take long at all... Plenty of room on my side, Gentlemen... You may be coming over here sooner than you think. :)

7 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Oh yea the guys who drafted Tre white after trading down and dion Dawkins and Milano and signed Hyde poyer etc all of a sudden forgot how to draft talent. They get the benefit of the doubt until they blow a draft. 

Wrong regime, smart guy... You sure you follow the Bills? :huh:

Edited by #34fan

Doing this honestly:

1. Josh Allen -  D :He was my #6 Quarterback there is natural inaccuracy on his tape, he struggles with touch and he can make better decisions. Huge ceiling. Unlikely to reach it. 

1. Tremaine Edmunds - A+ :Absolute stud. Can play any of the three linebacker spots. Instinctive, aggressive and fast. Top 10 talent. Potentially elite. 

3. Harrison Phillips - A- :Outstanding value at the bottom of the third. Second round talent. 

4. Taron Johnson - C+ :Don't know much about him but has the potential to compete for the nickel position early. 

5. Siran Neal - D :No idea what position they have selected him to play. Feels like a project. 

5. Wyatt Teller - B :Tough, physical mauler who should be a good fit and can compete right away. 

6. Ray Ray McCloud - E :Bad receiver. Has some return value, felt like we should have gone with the best receiver available. 

7. Austin Proehl - C- :only exposure to him was last year when evaluating Mitch Trubisky. Didn't look without talent but not sure I expected him to be drated.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

I'm used to it...I got the same flack WAY back when I wanted to dump Fitz, and fire Chan... I got Flamed when I wanted Wilson in '12... Shamed for opposing a 1st round  QB pick in '13... Vilified for supporting Jim Schwartz and  opposing the Ryan hiring... Attacked for wanting Tyrod gone in '16 .... It's like it always is... ME ahead of the curve, and the Kool-Aid sipping simps lagging behind it.... This regime got incredibly lucky last season. -Sadly, luck runs out... And with drafts like this one, that shouldn't take long at all... Plenty of room on my side, Gentlemen... You may be coming over here sooner than you think. :)

Mcd was running the team bud. Widely reported on. 

3 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Beane wasn't here for any of that. Nor was his new scouting staff.

Mcd was

10 hours ago, #34fan said:

He wasn't going any f___ing where, that's what's wrong!... There were better choices on the damn board!... Beane and McDoomed are idiots... Let's see if Dalton saves their a** again this season..

How do you know?

10 hours ago, Carter said:

We gave  way too much to Tremaine. 

We used a late 1st and flipped mid round picks for a guy who was virtually consensus top 10 in every rankings and mock. How is that too much? 

People are just letting their anger about Allen out on every other pick

10 hours ago, Carter said:

Allen over Rosen, only the Bills, smdh. 

And the Cardinals. It's widely reported they tried to trade up for him before settling on Rosen

11 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

1. Josh Allen -  B

2. Tremaine Edmunds - A+

3. Harrison Phillips - B+

4. Taron Johnson - B

5. Siran Neal - B-

5. Wyatt Teller - A-

6. Ray Ray McCloud - B-

7. Austin Proehl - B

I liked the draft. Allen wasn’t my guy but I am glad that they committed and didn’t overspend. Edmunds is a stud that had no business being around for the Bills. Someone called him Anthony Barr and thought that was a great comparison. I liked the Phillips pick. He isn’t exposive but can be a really good 1 technique. He’s a starter. Johnson fits this defense well and is at a position of need. Neal is that “new school” hybrid which is effective in today’s NFL. Teller is a mauler. Ray Ray is a playmaker and Proehl an athlete. It wasn’t a perfect draft but the Bills are better now than they were 3 days ago. If Allen pans out this is a turning point for the franchise. The draft is a B+ for me. I would have liked a deep speed guy and a RB but you can’t have everything.

I endorse this set of grades.  Id give Neal a B if the plan is to make him a linebacker. 

Some thoughts:

1.  Allen?  We'll see.  Just like we would have done with any QB picked.  I would have liked Rosen more, but in the end at best you have a 50/50 shot at a first round QB working out, so let's hope he is in the right half of that.

2.  Edmunds it will be interesting to see if he plays inside or outside, but either way a big LB who can also move.  Guy on ESPN yesterday said you have to be able to defend the middle of the field, and Edmunds seems to be the guy for that.

3.  Phillips seems to be just the kind of guy McD will love.  Non-stop motor, just loves to play football.

4.  Most intriguing pick to me of the third day is this Neal kid.  Like all of us, I've never seen him play.  But the hybrid safety/LB position is getting to be a staple for the modern NFL defense, so will he fit that?

5.  Rest of the guys?  If Teller can become a backup interior guy great.  Projections as him as a starter seem way premature.  And if any of the other guys make it, great.  If not, such is the way of late round picks.

No grades.  Ridiculous to grade until you see them on the field.

5 hours ago, #34fan said:

When Tremaine Edmunds sucks, I’ll come back and say you were right. 

You said they didnt even try......

they traded up TWO times in the first round....and they didn’t even try?  It just makes no sense.  Did they trade up two times just so they didn’t have to make those 3 other selections?  Too much pressure for them in making all those picks? Please explain how “they didn’t even try”