So many OL being drafted - what should we do?

So many OL being drafted - Clearly there will be opportunities when teams cut players to make room for the draftees - given our depletion of draft capital in rounds 2 and 3 and the holes we have in OL - I think we should focus on drafting WRs and be ready to use those opportunities to get OL.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

Just now, IgotBILLStopay said:

So many OL being drafted - Clearly there will be opportunities when teams cut players to make room for the draftees - given our depletion of draft capital in rounds 2 and 3 and the holes we have in OL - I think we should focus on drafting WRs and be ready to use those opportunities to get OL.

I like the glass half full!!!

5 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

3rd round rookies at WR or Oline probably won't have an impact THIS SEASON, so why chase after guys to "fill holes"? 

Free agents are your friends for filling holes season to season. The draft is about the future, free agency is about NOW.

7 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

3rd round rookies at WR or Oline probably won't have an impact THIS SEASON, so why chase after guys to "fill holes"? 

Free agents are your friends for filling holes season to season. The draft is about the future, free agency is about NOW.

Right...because Matt Milano had no impact last year.  So late round picks never start?  The Bills need help on the oline why wouldnt they draft someone.  

1 minute ago, Skins Malone said:

Right...because Matt Milano had no impact last year.  So late round picks never start?  The Bills need help on the oline why wouldnt they draft someone.  

Never said that.

I said it's foolish to think you will fill the holes in the Oline with a rookie 3rd rounder. And that it's simplistic, dumb fan thinking. (actually, just added that).

Running backs, and linebackers - yes.

Olineman - rarely.

I wouldn't count on it happening. I would draft BPA, and look to free agency, while hoping the guys from the previous drafts develop.

13 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Trad Shady for a 3rd and pick one there

HAHAHA!

Great idea!

Just now, Skins Malone said:

Umm no its dumb fan thinking that specific positions like linebacker but not oline can be filled later in the draft.  Please give me facts on why oline cant be filler but linebacker can?  Sad

Look into it yourself.

Rookie RB's and Linebackers have a better chance of making immediate impact. Probably because these are instinctive postions. Oline is all about technique, and general takes more time to develop the techniques.

We brought in Bodine and Newhouse as Free Agents to compete, and still have Conor McDermott at RT on the roster.  

I get the feeling that the staff is fine with Dawkins at LT and Groy at C/G (as they should be), then let camp sort out the other G/C positions if we can’t work something out with Richie while Newhouse goes up against McDermott for RT. 

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, OJABBA said:

Look into it yourself.

Rookie RB's and Linebackers have a better chance of making immediate impact. Probably because these are instinctive postions. Oline is all about technique, and general takes more time to develop the techniques.

Yep....your saying look into it yourself because you have no facts to back up such a dumb claim.