RD 1, Pick 16: Tremaine Edmunds OLB - Virginia Tech

SDS

12 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

They would not have moved up to take him if Bills had concerns about Coaching him up.

MLB calls the D for McDermott. So i might expect they think he is smart, quick and enough player to start.

Sure they could move him. But teaching him to become able to decipher the Offense and call the D ? Gotta mean somethin'

should kept Ragland :P

Never said he was uncoachable, but there are HOFers that play OLB and not MLB.  MLB requires very good instincts.  He lacks that.

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

When Karlos Dansby was here for a visit, I was very much against him coming here. Now I've changed my mind. Edmunds is a younger, better Dansby. I think he would be a great guy to come in and be a part time player. You could have Edmunds play Sam in base sets and have Dansby on the field in the middle. In the nickel, Dansby could get off the field and your two backers are Milano and Edmunds. You could still have Edmunds call the defense, but having a vet like Dansby around makes a lot of sense imo. 

Dansby is not a FA that has anything left in tank

Edited by Ittakestime

Just now, Ittakestime said:

Never said he was uncoachable, but there are HOFers that play OLB and not MLB.  MLB requires very good instincts.  He lacks that.

Dansby is not a FA

I have not seen enough to honestly comment. I am surprised then that McD has already said that's were he will start. perhaps i should think nothing of it so early on ?

29 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I have not seen enough to honestly comment. I am surprised then that McD has already said that's were he will start. perhaps i should think nothing of it so early on ?

He’s all of 19 years old. There is a thing called experience that just might help him develop better instincts. Apparently he does tend to have a little wasted movement. Hopefully, somewhere between his youth and our age acquired wisdom, there is a sweet spot that gets him a gold jacket! 

(Yeah, I’m in an optimistic mood at the moment!) 

47 minutes ago, Augie said:

He’s all of 19 years old. There is a thing called experience that just might help him develop better instincts. Apparently he does tend to have a little wasted movement. Hopefully, somewhere between his youth and our age acquired wisdom, there is a sweet spot that gets him a gold jacket! 

(Yeah, I’m in an optimistic mood at the moment!) 

always appreciate your positive attitude.

and this time  ? I soundly agree with you.
 kid is super young.

But i think this Kid was the Focal point for McD as a game changer for his defense in year or two.

I do like the whole draft honestly. Much is wait and see as to be expected. But i like the method once they got the QB.
Methinks Edmunds was the cherry for them though. Not a bad iced cream sundae this Bills Draft !

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yolo, the video breakdown is very fair and honest.  Maine has a ways to go before he dominates like some are expecting him to do in his first year.  Being young is definitely a factor, however, he has the capability to learn and get better.  The physical tools are all there...and then some.  He just needs to get in the film room and work his tail off every practice.  I think he can become the dominant LB we're all looking for....we just need to temper our expectations in year one.  Being the son of a former NFL player and being raised to be a good person by great parents can't be overlooked.  The kid is humble and understands he has to earn his spot.

How many interceptions do you think Tremaine Edmunds gets next year?????

I say 6 INTS next year. Crazy but his height, length and speed is off the charts. There is no ILB in the NFL like this guy. He truly is a freak of nature. Sooooo pumped for next year. 

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 4:18 PM, Ittakestime said:

Watched a bunch of his games on that draftbreakdown thing and it will be a disaster if they put this kid at MLB.  He is not a MLB in the NFL.  His instincts are so bad and most of the games is left standing looking confused.  He needs to be on the outside with more freedom.

Getting Bowman here is critical.  We can't put this kid at MLB, it will ruin his career.

I watched how he covered well but struggled holding the gaps in many run plays. Lets facts you, myself or the man on the moon will know how he performs at MLB at NFL level.

personally I think he will be just fine!

On 4/29/2018 at 4:18 PM, Ittakestime said:

Watched a bunch of his games on that draftbreakdown thing and it will be a disaster if they put this kid at MLB.  He is not a MLB in the NFL.  His instincts are so bad and most of the games is left standing looking confused.  He needs to be on the outside with more freedom.

Getting Bowman here is critical.  We can't put this kid at MLB, it will ruin his career.

Ummmm, It Takes Time?  

I read that here somewhere.....   :)

With his height/weight combination and the fact that, at 19 years old, he's not done growing...Edmunds may be the biggest, most monstrous looking MLB I've ever seen. I mean...6'5", 250 lbs, and he runs a 4.5?! Wow, man. Wow. Baaaaaad things!

• SDS unpinned this topic

Wyatt Teller calls Tremaine Edmunds "one of the best players I've ever played against"

Wyatt Teller is glad he never had to line up against or block Tremaine Edmunds in an actual football game. But he certainly had to in practice several times, and the very first was the most memorable.

Teller and Edmunds, teammates at Virginia Tech for the last three years, were both selected by the Buffalo Bills in this year’s draft. As an offensive lineman, Teller sometimes had to block Edmunds. In 2015, as a sophomore, that meant he got a chance to show the freshman linebacker what big-boy college football was all about. It didn’t go quite as planned.