Same old Browns. Hue Jackson reported to be shut out by his own GM

Therre was buzz early about a disconnect in the Browns organization about the pick for a QB.  Hue Jackson and the coaching staff lobbying for one of the guys and Dorsey wanting somebody else.  If you look up dysfunctional in the dictionary your might find the Cleveland Browns.

13 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

No, still wrong.  Read it again maybe?

Jackson "settled" for RG3.

I love how you treat your “source” as gospel.  There are several other articles of him wanting to take a qb high in the draft and getting told no by the front office.  So he was forced to make do with what they provided him.

i guess we’ll see what he does with a top qb this year.  But I think he is a good offensive coach who has garbage at the position and it’s not totally his fault.

17 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Therre was buzz early about a disconnect in the Browns organization about the pick for a QB.  Hue Jackson and the coaching staff lobbying for one of the guys and Dorsey wanting somebody else.  If you look up dysfunctional in the dictionary your might find the Cleveland Browns.

Or they might be in great shape after this draft.

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I love how you treat your “source” as gospel.  There are several other articles of him wanting to take a qb high in the draft and getting told no by the front office.  So he was forced to make do with what they provided him.

i guess we’ll see what he does with a top qb this year.  But I think he is a good offensive coach who has garbage at the position and it’s not totally his fault.

Or they might be in great shape after this draft.

My "source"?  It's an article that quoted several other published stories surrounding all of those events---and it quotes Jackson himself!

Jackson wanted Goff over Wentz...until he worked out RG3.  then he was cool with passing on a rookie QB. 

Good offensive coach?  Garbage at the position?  What recent Browns HC hasn't had garbage at the QB position?  Yet Pettine, Chudzinski and Shurmur all put together better offensively ranked teams (not by much) than Jackson.

He's an utter disaster in every way.  Every poster on this board could have "coached" that Browns team to the same record the past 2 years...and the same last in the league offense.

22 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Hue is too chatty with the media. 

Could you imagine the leaks if Whaley had had the chance to hire him?

Between Hue, Doug, and Russ Brandon the media would have had their own desk in the war room!

13 hours ago, Logic said:

Save me a slice of that crow pie. I badly wanted Hue Jackson instead of Rex.  I was convinced we whiffed big time on that one. Whoops.

It would have been nice to have seen what happens when our GM was allowed to his own HC, regardless of who that was. But yeah, looks like we were screwed either way.

In hindsight, would Schwartz as HC and Reich as OC/asstHC been the right move?