Tyler Dunne Has It Right

1 minute ago, BBills88 said:

Only 3 of those QB proved anything. Mahomes, Watson and Trubisky still debatable. The rest are unknown factors.

Not at all the point.  It's a bout taking the swing to finally fill the 22 year long QB void. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

His point is exactly why I can't get with the "too many holes" crowd. 

I'd like to get with the too many holes crowd, but I temper that when I remember that we'll have a ton of cap space next year and can plug a lot of holes that way. Plus we'll have another draft again in '19. I think we're a couple years away if we get a great QB this year and let McCarron win a few games so we can trade him for more picks too!

4 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I'd like to get with the too many holes crowd, but I temper that when I remember that we'll have a ton of cap space next year and can plug a lot of holes that way. Plus we'll have another draft again in '19. I think we're a couple years away if we get a great QB this year and let McCarron win a few games so we can trade him for more picks too!

The '19 draft is expected to be on the level of '13 with respect to QB.  AJM is nothing more than a bridge to a potential franchise guy and now is the time to expend draft capital to acquire one. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Outside of his first 8 games. Bledsoe absolutely sucked in his time here. 

He shouldve retired after that dreadful 2003 season. 

I was in Baltimore for the Ravens game in 2004 and Bledsoe was horrendous!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I remember. 

4 INTs in the game. I believe Deion Sanders returned one for a TD.

You got it.  Took a lot of crap from Ravens' fans that day.  I was sitting in a section with LB Ed Hartwell's family.

12 hours ago, Ayjent said:

I was astounded at how the Nix/Whaley Crew sat on their hands for many drafts and then pulled the trigger for a QB that had no business being picked any higher than the 3rd round, when they had so many better prospects available to them throughout the prior drafts at a bargain.  I hear what you are saying about this class being good, but with your highest picks being 21 and 22 in the first round, and the No. 10 pick you traded away last year going to a team that picked a QB - that move is forever going to be how this year is judged.  Mahomes/Watson versus whomever the Bills are able to land and what it cost.   

I'm just not sure they are going to be able to get the guy they may covet the most, even with everything that they've amassed and I think it is foolish to give up next year's 1st round pick since the QB position is basically going to be a three pony race among guys with less than 5 NFL starts and an OL that just lost or traded its Starting C, LG, and LT and the returning positions have been the weakest link on the OL for years - Dawkins will likely be fine, but the rest of the line is a Big ?.  That kind of starting experience and OL turnover is a good formula for landing a top 10 pick in 2019.

Don't get me wrong Tre White is a very good player and Mahomes and Watson may not actually pan out - it may be a good move after all, but if the Bills end up spending all of their draft capital that they amassed and the player they get is a lesser player than Mahomes or Watson, then the Bills FO is still a few steps behind the better teams and Beane/McDermott don't look so wise.  Especially if they end up giving up a 1st in next year's draft and have a poor season with no first round pick and having jettisoned a lot of talent off the team in the short time they've been in Buffalo.  Look I'm excited they finally snapped the drought, but I think it was a very fortunate and lucky season.   Maybe McDermott is a special coach that can make it work with the right talent, not necessarily exceptional talent, but I do think that the culmination of the moves they made give them a very thin margin to be successful. 

They basically gambled they could retool, win , AND draft a franchise QB all at once. So far they have won, they've retooled and had decent returns on guy like Poyer Hyde White so far; the key is the franchise QB. Even though I am not an Allen fan, even if he is the one of four they get I think they pulled it off.

I wouldn't blame them much for O-Line issues either they couldn't predict Wood or Incognito but I do agree it is another dam whole we have to attack now.