If I were the Browns GM...

stuvian

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would trade from 4 to 12 and take Ward or Fitzpatrick at 12, then a LT at 22. Boom. Just filled your 3 biggest holes with 1st rounders. 

I think I'm in the opposite boat. Take Williams or McGlinchey at 12 and the best remaining CB (or potentially another EDGE if they slide, like Davenport or Landry) at 22

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I think I'm in the opposite boat. Take Williams or McGlinchey at 12 and the best remaining CB (or potentially another EDGE if they slide, like Davenport or Landry) at 22

I was just looking at where they were projected to go, and seemed there might be a run on OTs later in the 1st but no one expected to go top 15.... we will see

19 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

None of the OT are good enough for that high. Take Ward or Fitz and honestly I'd maybe take OT at 22, but I may wait for 33 or 35 as well. Or take Ward/Fitz at 12, Hughes/Alexander at 22, RB at 33, and OT at 35. Brown has great tape and horrible combine. Could be a steal.

12 hours ago, Augie said:

Oh, Lordy! Take the best QB at #1, then trade down from #4 for more picks. You have a roster to build, so do it around a Franchise QB, and get more picks. A RB may give you 5 good years, a Franchise QB can give you 15 at the most important position in all of sports. 

Oh, Lordy ! Tell me which QB is the best. Thought so, you can't. Take Barkley, one of the best RB prospects in the last 20 years, then still have a choice of Darnold, Rosen, Allen, or Mayfield.

Just now, cle23 said:

None of the OT are good enough for that high. Take Ward or Fitz and honestly I'd maybe take OT at 22, but I may wait for 33 or 35 as well. Or take Ward/Fitz at 12, Hughes/Alexander at 22, RB at 33, and OT at 35. Brown has great tape and horrible combine. Could be a steal.

I agree about Brown.

12 hours ago, stuvian said:

I'd take Saquon Barkley at #1. You'll still get a good QB at 4. There is no consensus #1 QB in this draft. All the Josh Allen hype doesn't change the fact that he's a project - the kind of which could ruin a GM. There's no telling which of the top 4 QBs will be a star. Allen is the least safe of these.

Let's say that the Browns GM takes Rosen or Mayfield at 4 who goes on to have a career like Alex Smith or Phillip Rivers. That won't kill your career but whiffing on Allen at 1 would.

You can't screw around with the #1 pick overall. It has to be a safe bet. Coming out with a HOF RB and a solid, occasional Pro Bowl QB is a very good draft.

I think QB at one and either Barkley or Chubb whichever one is there at 4. 

It all depends on how the Browns front office ranks the QBs this year. If they feel there are 3-4 guys that are equal in being able to be their franchise QB, they dont have to grab one with their first. If they feel that Barkley (or Chubb) are the best at their position in the draft and much better then the next guy, take them first and get your QB 4th. They can only do this because they are in a situation that doesn't come around often having 2 picks in the top 4th. It's not like they have their first and the Bill's 12th or 22nd and people are saying to take a non QB and then whatever qb with their next pick. If they have no preference between the top 3-4 QBs, it's a smart move.

These QBs are being overhyped because demand is high this year from teams looking for one. It appears this class is more quantity over quality so everyone thinks this is some amazing class that contains the next Manning/Luck/Brees when it's a good chance it is a year where most are the next Marriotta/Winston/Trubisky. Serviceable starters, but not exactly elite talent that will turn a franchise around on their own or someone you would be willing to give up a 1/3 to 1/2 of your draft for.

4 hours ago, SteveFreeman22 said:

Oh, Lordy ! Tell me which QB is the best. Thought so, you can't. Take Barkley, one of the best RB prospects in the last 20 years, then still have a choice of Darnold, Rosen, Allen, or Mayfield.

If their front office doesn’t have an opinion on which QB they believe in the most they should be fired.  I would take Darnold. I would not take Allen there. My opinion. Time will tell. There is a good chance a RB will be taken several rounds later who will have as much or more production as Barkley. (And I’m NOT hating on Barkley, he’s amazing to watch play.) It happens a lot with RB’s. It almost never happens at QB. Everyone can cite a few cases by name, because they are so rare. 

“Settling for a QB” is what has made the Browns the Browns. Year after year. It's the most important position in sports. You don’t hit a home run if you don’t swing the bat! 

i think Browns would like to draft Allen but they are chickening out.  they have been wrong so many times in the past, it would be a big L if they took an unproven guy with more proven passers on the board.  the fans would revolt.  maybe if this draft was taking place next year and they had 1 decent season with Tyrod already and fans were feeling better about the situation.  a 1-31 team cannot draft Josh Allen.  Sam Darnold will be #1 even if he did reportedly have a bad interview when he visited them.  he is the safer pick.

1. Darnold

2. Barkley

3. Mayfield

4. Chubb

5. Trade, Bills take Rosen, there's no way Beane is that stupid to take Allen here.  if he is, may god have mercy on his soul