Intense bar fight in Amherst, NY

Roundybout

17 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Eggplant is a racist term? Not being snarky just never heard that before.

Melanzana is the Italian word for eggplant.  Melanzan or “moolie” is a commonly used racist term (typically used by Italian Americans) to describe African Americans.  To refer to a group of people as “eggplants”, and in this case it’s pretty obvious who the poster is referring to in the articles, is just plain racist and grossly inappropriate, IMO.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Melanzana is the Italian word for eggplant.  Melanzan or “moolie” is a commonly used racist term (typically used by Italian Americans) to describe African Americans.  To refer to a group of people as “eggplants”, and in this case it’s pretty obvious who the poster is referring to in the articles, is just plain racist and grossly inappropriate, IMO.  

Ah see, I’m polish. So I missed the reference :lol:

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

You’ve really gone off the deep end, EIL.  I worry for you.  

Yeah... Don't worry for me though.  I got it good, resources, etc... Worry for the kids OF this nation... I got one getting out in two years, last one. This place and a lot of places are turning into shitholes.

Probably surprising to hear it from me. My normalcy (stable home, etc...) is becoming the abnormal.  We as a culture are cascading into a in your face drama, identity politics, race divisions, victimhood and protected classes... That's the new cultural normal.  Big markets are feeling the heat.

Again, don't fear for me. I will be fine.  It's the kids that are feeling the heat.

You wanna see cultural hell on earth?  Come visit some of the private schools around here. Don't even go in the public schools, beyond hope there. It's getting so bad... I am sending my daughter for the last two years of high school back to WNY.  Or, scrambling too.  You hit the nail on head with the Aleppo comment.

I am anything but racist... But it's finally taking a toll on my family and me.

And look... Shocking, it's bleeding into Amherst, New York now.  Ghetto culture.

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... Don't worry for me though.  I got it good, resources, etc... Worry for the kids OF this nation... I got one getting out in two years, last one. This place and a lot of places are turning into shitholes.

Probably surprising to hear it from me. My normalcy (stable home, etc...) is becoming the abnormal.  We as a culture are cascading into a in your face drama, identity politics, race divisions, victimhood and protected classes... That's the new cultural normal.  Big markets are feeling the heat.

Again, don't fear for me. I will be fine.  It's the kids that are feeling the heat.

You wanna see cultural hell on earth?  Come visit some of the private schools around here. Don't even go in the public schools, beyond hope there. It's getting so bad... I am sending my daughter for the last two years of high school back to WNY.  Or, scrambling too.  You hit the nail on head with the Aleppo comment.

And look... Shocking, it's bleeding into Amherst, New York now.  Ghetto culture.

Sorry, it hasn’t impacted my neighborhood yet so much easier to just look down my nose and declare you raysis.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I get your point EIL, but wouldn’t you say that what you’re experiencing (the societal ills) are more attributable to low SES and parent’s level of education, than race or ethnicity?

Those two factors are the most highly correlated to intelligence and academic achievement.  Not race.

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I’m embarrassed to go to Chuck E Cheese now...?

Oh, I’m now mortified about living behind their dumpster, which also doubled as my kitchen!  

9 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I get your point EIL, but wouldn’t you say that what you’re experiencing (the societal ills) are more attributable to low SES and parent’s level of education, than race or ethnicity?

Those two factors are the most highly correlated to intelligence and academic achievement.  Not race.

My wife holds a graduate degree, myself just a BA.  We are in areas that are more than 50% minority.  The Village my wife works in, she's the minority. 

But, to answer your question: No.

Plenty of rich, wealthy, educated minorites, where I send my children to private school. It's still a cultural shithole and getting worse by the year. It's that bad... Even in the schools that are the bubbles.

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

My wife holds a graduate degree, myself just a BA.  We are in areas that are more than 50% minority.  The Village my wife works in, she's the minority. 

But, to answer your question: No.

Plenty of rich, wealthy, educated minorites, where I send my children to private school. It's still a cultural shithole and getting worse by the year. It's that bad... Even in the schools that are the bubbles.

Fair enough.  So who/what is causing your childrens’ schools to be “cultural shitholes?”  What factors, specifically, are being impacted?  I’ll be interested to hear your response.

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I texted a tennis buddy from the park (where I’m usually the only white guy all day) that a certain black female tennis player was “well spoken” in her interview after winning a big tournament. He responded that (while he knows it was NOT intended), a lot of people would take that as racist. WHAT? Some people are better public speakers than others, regardless of the pigment in their skin. Can I not say something nice about someone without being called a racist? Plenty of people with less pigment I wouldn’t say that about....

22 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Fair enough.  So who/what is causing your childrens’ schools to be “cultural shitholes?”  What factors, specifically, are being impacted?  I’ll be interested to hear your response.

The main factor is that the teachers and administrators have no skin in the game. They collect their paycheck here, live in better areas and send their kids to better schools.

My daughter sampled the public schools for a few years: 5th, 6th, & 7th.

Teachers came right out and told kids they felt sorry for them having to go to these schools.

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The main factor is that the teachers and administrators have no skin in the game. They collect their paycheck here, live in better areas and send their kids to better schools.

<fart noise>

weak...

You, sir, are a spineless maggot.  Shame on you.  If you have strong convictions, at least be able to back them up with intellectual (and factual) discourse.  Your posts in this thread are embarrassing, and make me think less of you as a human being.  Sukkkkkkiiitt

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

<fart noise>

weak...

You, sir, are a spineless maggot.  Shame on you.  If you have strong convictions, at least be able to back them up with intellectual (and factual) discourse.  Your posts in this thread are embarrassing, and make me think less of you as a human being.  Sukkkkkkiiitt

You don't live in such an effed up state.

Illinois is messed up. There are more taxing districts in this state than any other. 

10 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

My daughter sampled the public schools for a few years: 5th, 6th, & 7th.

Teachers came right out and told kids they felt sorry for them having to go to these schools.

That was your answer to his question? :wacko:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

<fart noise>

weak...

It's the truth and it must hurt. Do you live in the town you teach in or very close to it.  I hope so.  

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I've only heard it as "Mulignan" which is a more Sicilian dialect for the same concept, hinging around calling black people "eggplants".  It's an Italian/Sicilian thing for sure.  

The term Mulignan was thrown around on The Sopranos from time to time.