Championship Games That Should Have Happened?

BillsPride12

With the NHL and NBA playoffs in full swing it's got me thinking about all of the great championship match-ups that we should have gotten to see over the years.  Here's my list off the top of my head

85 Bears v.s. Marino's Dolphins(would've been a way more entertaining game and much better storyline with Miami being the only team that beat the Bears that year)

Bills v.s. Niners in the early 90s(How did this never happen??)

Jordan's Bulls v.s. Houston Rockets in the 90s(once again, just a timing thing where the stars didn't align at the right time)

Most recently for me would be The Penguins and The Blackhawks in the NHL...I had been wanting to see the two powerhouses of the modern era play for the Cup but now Chicago seems like they are on a steep decline 

I'm sure I can think of some more but these are the most obvious ones to me

Penguins vs Golden Knights. Murray vs Fleury.  

Patriots vs Packers.  Brady vs Rodgers

Patriots vs Saints.  Brady vs Brees

Steelers vs Giants.  Roethlesberger vs Eli Manning

Colts/Broncos vs Giants.  Manning Bowl

Patriots vs Packers:. Brady vs Favre

Colts vs Packers: Manning vs Favre

2000 Ravens vs Rams.  That Ravens D vs the Greatest Show on Turf

1999 Bills vs Rams.  Flutie magic vs Greatest Show on Turf

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Wasnt SBI in January '67?

That would have been Bills losing to Len Dawson in AFC Championship... So 1966 season... ??

The Bills championship season was '65, so that is the one I choose.  So it was before the Superbowl but I think they were better in 65.   Of course in a "should have happened thread,"  we could just as well have them playing for the Profootball championship two years in a row.   I was always disappointed that they won the year before.  Especially after guys like McDole carried on beyond their peak years with other teams and still performed at a high level.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

The Bills championship season was '65, so that is the one I choose.  So it was before the Superbowl but I think they were better in 65.   Of course in a "should have happened thread,"  we could just as well have them playing for the Profootball championship two years in a row.   I was always disappointed that they won the year before.  Especially after guys like McDole carried on beyond their peak years with other teams and still performed at a high level.

I see where you are coming from... Games that would have been great but never would happen, could happen.

I was going on only possible games.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

On 4/21/2018 at 12:28 PM, BillsPride12 said:

Bills v.s. Niners in the early 90s(How did this never happen??)

Jordan's Bulls v.s. Houston Rockets in the 90s(once again, just a timing thing where the stars didn't align at the right time)

Leonard Marshall almost killed Montana in the 1990 playoffs, Steve Young couldn't hold the lead he was gifted

Joe practically sat out the next two years to recover

Hakeem was a total headcase for the early part of his career, then he channeled it all into dominance, probably his anger at David Robinson being handed the MVP trophy in the pregame of a playoff game where Hakeem disemboweled Robinson in this anger.

in addition, the Rockets massacred the 1986 Lakers, then fell apart to injury and drugs and other things.

so they had to rebuild from what should have been a team that dominated the late 80s and early 90s

Edited by row_33

On 4/22/2018 at 1:47 PM, Greybeard said:

Came reasonably close to having it named the Wilson Trophy...

13 hours ago, DC Tom said:

2006, Sabres vs. Oilers.  If not for most of the Sabres defensemen being injured against Carolina...

I think they were posting in the want ads by the end of that series.

2003 Cubs v Red Sox All Curse World Series.

• Haha (+1) 1