Brandon beane the new Tim Murray?

11 hours ago, QBorBust2018 said:

In all fairness, Murray couldn’t tank right 

beane choked and we are stuck at 12 instead of a top 5 pick. 

Will miss on qb like the sabres missed out on McDavid and Matthews ,

will miss playoffs offs and get stuck with a second tier player like eichel 

Can’t wait to see Lamar Jackson lead this team to consistent 8-8 seasons while mayfield takes the jets to the playoffs

29 posts...How am I not surprised

6 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

I know that... I sometimes forget the "e"... But it's the thought that counts as far as McBeane is concerned... Better?

You were posting he as if the term refers to an individual. It wasn't rally a spelling thing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan17 said:

Lmfao... I'm an islanders fan, Murray is not and will never be as bad as Garth Snow.

Sabres fans really dont understand how bad Snow has been for the islanders. If you really think Murray was worse you dont truly follow the sport.

Snow is bad... but he has brought them to the playoffs and even had a series win, while playing in a tough Division.  They also have and have had upside in their organization.  Keiffer Bellows for example (even though they are in rough shape).  I would guess you would say Milbury was worse... he was catastrophic, but was a slower-burn than Murray.

Murray took over with an embarrassment of riches in good draft picks, cap flexibility, and young prospects.  He managed to burn through it all like a drunk sailer at a brothel... in just 2 or 3 short years.  Those trades are puzzling starting with trading 2 seconds and Brayden McNabb (who was highly thought of at the time) for Hudson Fasching and Deslauriers.  1st for Lehner (and roster trash salary dump), 3rd for a chance to talk to Vesey, a pile of prospects, picks, and a UFA chip for Kane and Bogosian, signing Moulson for 5 years $25 million, 2nd for Josh Gorges, a 3rd and Halak for Neuverth, the pile traded for OReilly, etc.  Also his obvious awkwardness and general discomfort near cameras and microphones, he isnt built to be a manager.  He created a lockerroom so toxic, I haven't seen anything like it, and that is just what has bubbled to the surface.  He also left the cupboard almost completely bare by whiffing in the draft.  If he would have continued.... no doubt he would have doubled down on his trades and broke the bank to extend Lehner and Kane (as opposed to admitting fault for losing them for pennies on the dollar or nothing).

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I agree NFL teams don't tank, yet. The point about Murray doing it right is that he finished last in the last NIL draft where that mattered.

You saying that NHL and NFL drafts are different really doesn't support any point. If it made sense to tank in any league, it's be the NFL considering it isn't a lottery. In my opinion, a team will try tanking seriously in the NFL and it'll be sooner rather than later.

I also don't think it's a ridiculous opinion to have that the bills were tanking given their off season moves. The NFL is different though in the lack of guaranteed contracts so new regimes have more freedom in turnover. They can get rid of big names for pennies on the dollar unlike other league's. So what might look like a tank move in the NFL could genuinely be a personnel move. 

I feel the NFL and NHL drafts being different is significant. I wasn't referring to how they assign the draft order though. The top NHL draft prospect is almost always a good player at the NHL level. I don't know what the bust % is , but I'd bet its lower than the NFL. Certainly lower than for NFL quarterbacks. Heck, the second best NHL prospect is probably a safer bet than his NFL counterpart. NHL teams are also drafting less experienced players who might even stay in College or continue minor league play. Then the fact that teams only have 5 skaters on the ice at a time, maybe this makes tanking more of a strategy in hockey as one great player can propel a team to the playoffs. That player will almost surely be at the top of the draft. It's just a different game and the way they draft players is different too. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You were posting he as if the term refers to an individual. It wasn't rally a spelling thing.

Actually, from Day 1 I have assumed the two to be joined at the hip as it were. I think it's a good way to get two guys working "together" knowing that if THEY fail THEY both get the axe... I hope Pegula made that clear to the two of them if that is so... And since McD is generally given "credit" for bring in Beane it seems only fair if so...