Patriots covet Mike White per Mayock

29 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Manuel isn't White. If he turns out to be the best pro of this draft will it still look foolish?

Be that, as it may, he's certainly not black enough.

34 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Manuel isn't White. If he turns out to be the best pro of this draft will it still look foolish?

Not saying White can't be a good QB or otherwise. All I'm saying is can you imagine the backlash if Goodell on draft day said, " with the 12th (or 22nd) pick of the NFL draft the Buffalo Bills pick Mike White? 

The horror!!!

well he certainly has really good numbers the last 2 years...very high completion percentage, excellent TD/INT ratio, high YPA(ridiculous in 2016 at 10.5). My concern would be his completion percentage went from 50% in his first 2 seasons at South Floida likely playing better competition to 66% average in his last 2 years at Western Kentucky likely playing much worse competition.  Was he just throwing to wide open guys all the time his last 2 years?  I find it hard to believe he suddenly just became a 16% more accurate passer overnight. He also went from 11 TDs against 16 INTs his first 2 years to 63 TDs against 15 INTs his last 2 years...can someone suddenly become THAT much better overnight or did it relate to the competition?

Edited by matter2003

I can understand why Mayock would throw that out there. Pats have been running same system for almost 20 years. He knows what qbs will work. Pats system requires decent arm strength, quick release , accuracy and above all a qb that can read pre snap.

8 hours ago, matter2003 said:

well he certainly has really good numbers the last 2 years...very high completion percentage, excellent TD/INT ratio, high YPA(ridiculous in 2016 at 10.5). My concern would be his completion percentage went from 50% in his first 2 seasons at South Floida likely playing better competition to 66% average in his last 2 years at Western Kentucky likely playing much worse competition.  Was he just throwing to wide open guys all the time his last 2 years?  I find it hard to believe he suddenly just became a 16% more accurate passer overnight. He also went from 11 TDs against 16 INTs his first 2 years to 63 TDs against 15 INTs his last 2 years...can someone suddenly become THAT much better overnight or did it relate to the competition?

He had only played 1 year of football before his freshman season at South Florida, there are not many guys that would be ready for the college game after only one season of high school football. The competition had nothing to do with the stats, he just had time to develop.

On 4/6/2018 at 9:24 PM, YoloinOhio said:

So, *checks notes*

that makes Rosen, Mayfield, Lauletta, Rudolph, Lamar, and Mike White as Pats targets. All in the last 36 hours.

So look for QBs not mentioned and that will be the Pats target.  I do not like the Pats but they do not leak info without a purpose.

Just now, Dalton said:

So look for QBs not mentioned and that will be the Pats target.  I do not like the Pats but they do not leak info without a purpose.

Although, Mayock did predict them taking Jimmy G and Brissett. 

3 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I would be 100% amazed if White went in the first round. NO WAY he is taken with pick #22.

Put you down for the second round.

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

Still say they are going to sneak up top 6 and get one of the top 4 QBs. 

I'll put money on it.

Interesting and untalked about topic. This is perhaps worthy of its own thread?

34 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Put you down for the second round.

Interesting and untalked about topic. This is perhaps worthy of its own thread?

It's been mentioned in a few threads. The board is a mess right now with so many duplicate and LAMP threads. 

I wanted to wait a few weeks closer to the draft to see what the tea leaves say.

Right now I could see something like: Belichick is planning to unload Brady next year and wants a QB for afterwards

Gronk is traded in the draft as part of a package to move up, maybe to Giants at #2? Bradyhas said he will retire after the draft so the Pats could better strategize the draft.  Pats get something for Gronk before losing Brady, if he still retires the Pats get something.

Brady stays another year, Belichick gets the QB McDaniels wants as a succession plan, Gronk ??