Peter King on WGR

The Pats do have holes to fill, Brady's blind side protection being an obvious one. There are good RBs in this draft. It's not all that crazy, as they didn't have much to spend in FA. Makes draft picks more valuable to them, and that's usually been their MO anyway. Picks and more picks. 

The Pats have gotten nothing from round 1 and 2 over the last 2 years.  The roster depth getting exposed because they've traded picks and lost them due to league punishments.  While I don't trust they won't push all in to get one of the QBs, they badly need an influx of cheap young talent.

10 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Do we know that the Bills aren't willing to do this? Or that the Patriots are? 

I think if Beane were willing to offer up 12 / 22 / 53 / 56 / 65 / 2019 1st we'd have pick #2 right now. They just aren't getting a better offer from anyone than that.

So either 1) the pick simply isn't available at this moment or 2) we are holding out for the price to go down.

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

I think if Beane were willing to offer up 12 / 22 / 53 / 56 / 65 / 2019 1st we'd have pick #2 right now. They just aren't getting a better offer from anyone than that.

So either 1) the pick simply isn't available at this moment or 2) we are holding out for the price to go down.

I'd lean toward the pick isn't available right now. I.e. The Gmen are holding out , probably until they see what CLE does at 1. 

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I think it is neither.  I think they have 1 guy that they are willing to pay that price for and they are not going to press go until the Browns' card has been handed in and does not contain that name.  That does make me think it might be the wrong Josh.... but here's hoping.  

16 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Who cares Patriots don't have more ammo to move up than the Bills so moot point.

Yeah, the Jets didn't the same amount as the Bills to offer but they made it happen. It's not just the ammo it's what ammo you are willing to part with. 

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

Yeah, the Jets didn't the same amount as the Bills to offer but they made it happen. It's not just the ammo it's what ammo you are willing to part with. 

Jets didn't have to move up as far as we do. 

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Jets didn't have to move up as far as we do. 

Point was they made the move because of what they were willing to give up. 

Like a poster mentioned above, all the ammo in the world doesn't do you any good if you don't lock and load

The dynasty is over.  

They went all in for 2017.  Bc they knew.  They lost Solder Butler and Dion Lewis and their DC.  What the heck is Gronk doing?  Will Edleman be 100 percent?  

They chose a 41 year old QB over Jimmy G.  But yea.  They're brilliant.  Everything is easier when you have elite QBs let alone the GOAT.  But it's not going to be easier in 2018. 

He can TB12 diet and workout however he wants but to quote Rocky, "time is undefeated."  I think it's over for the BB-Brady era.  But they'll go down swinging.  Not overreach in the first 2 rounds to get McDaniels (he should have went to Indy) a QB for the future.  They'll make the playoffs.  Maybe.  But they aren't going to the SB. 

They have lots of holes to fill.  

3 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

The Jets had better ammo than the Bills. A top ten ( almost top 5) pick. 6 beats 12 every time. Also a higher second round pick. There's this thing called the draft order: it matters. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The dynasty is over.  

They went all in for 2017.  Bc they knew.  They lost Solder Butler and Dion Lewis and their DC.  What the heck is Gronk doing?  Will Edleman be 100 percent?  

They chose a 41 year old QB over Jimmy G.  But yea.  They're brilliant.  Everything is easier when you have elite QBs let alone the GOAT.  But it's not going to be easier in 2018. 

He can TB12 diet and workout however he wants but to quote Rocky, "time is undefeated."  I think it's over for the BB-Brady era.  But they'll go down swinging.  Not overreach in the first 2 rounds to get McDaniels (he should have went to Indy) a QB for the future.  They'll make the playoffs.  Maybe.  But they aren't going to the SB. 

They have lots of holes to fill.  

They will still win 12 games and be in the championship game. They dont have that many holes. Move Cannon to lt. Waddle stays at rt. They still have good depth at receiver and running back. Biggest hole is pass rusher. Hopefully Rivers is good to go opposite Flowers.

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Jets had better ammo than the Bills. A top ten ( almost top 5) pick. 6 beats 12 every time. Also a higher second round pick. There's this thing called the draft order: it matters. 

So a top ten pick is better than 12, 22, 53 and a potential first rounder next year? Cool good thing that draft order is the only thing in play.

Yes them staying in the top six was important, but if buffalo was willing they absolutely had more to offer.

Edited by BillsFan17