Peter King MMQB: 4/2/18.

PIZ

6 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

It always seems to drag, but this year because of the Bills' draft picks and the obvious tension around the most important position in all of sports, this one seems like Christmas Eve when you were 5 and kept waking up hoping Santa had delivered your gifts and you could wake everyone up.....(hopefully for us, not to find a huge box.....of socks).

Socks Would Be Allen, Jackson And Rudolph.

3 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Also tired of the mocks, but teams absolutely do NOT know how it's going to fall.  The Jets have no idea which QB's are going to be available at 3.

They know.

3 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Also tired of the mocks, but teams absolutely do NOT know how it's going to fall.  The Jets have no idea which QB's are going to be available at 3.

They know.

26 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

But your whining about not getting Wentz or trading up this year with teams that clearly need a QB as much as us is as what if as it gets.  These were/are mission impossible.  Mahoney last year is the only plausible scenario you present and it remains to be seen what he offers.

I am not whining about anything. If his pick pans out, then we have our franchise guy. If he isnt a good NFL QB then it will suck but at least Beane made a move for who he thought was the right one. Now that doesnt mean that Pegula will keep him around but I wouldnt have any ill will against him. 

12 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

I am not whining about anything. If his pick pans out, then we have our franchise guy. If he isnt a good NFL QB then it will suck but at least Beane made a move for who he thought was the right one. Now that doesnt mean that Pegula will keep him around but I wouldnt have any ill will against him. 

My bad.  Similar avatars caused me to quote the wrong poster.

25 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Socks Would Be Allen, Jackson And Rudolph.

They know.

They know.

I can't agree with you on Jackson. He is going to surprise a lot of people - he is coachable, has worked hard at improving his pocket presence which he's done a hell of  aj job at, is more accurate than people realize (see adjusted completion percentages), has a wicked arm, mobile, very hard working, quiet leader, and much better than Allen or Rudolph (and I'm a Rudolph supporter, although not nearly as much as Chris Trapasso). Jackson is not Tyrod, for those who say he is....he is a very good QB who will do well, but even better if the team that Drafts him understands him and what he needs in order to achieve greatness. 

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah it is always good having trash at QB i know. I shouldnt be upset 

When you were two and you wanted Lucky Charms but your mom said no did you cry?  Did you learn to stop doing that?

if so, then think of the Giants, Jets, Browns and Broncos as your Mom.  Because they will say no.

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

When you were two and you wanted Lucky Charms but your mom said no did you cry?  Did you learn to stop doing that?

if so, then think of the Giants, Jets, Browns and Broncos as your Mom.  Because they will say no.

Awesome cool more trash QBs in Buffalo. So excited 

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Dude.  Whatever.  It's like complaining about a snowstorm.  Stop imagining that you can wish it away.

Yep and just accept trash. Cool nah done that every year since Kelly

What is your solution?  Tanking?  Whining?  Physical threats to other teams that were worse?  All of the above?

Hmmmm lets see its a message board so I post about it. Isnt that how it works. Your dont like it dont read it 

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Hmmmm lets see its a message board so I post about it. Isnt that how it works. Your dont like it dont read it 

Fair enough.  I think the Bills should trade Shady for Barkley right after he is picked.  Then we can pick Vander Doodle in the 4th so LB is set.  We can pick Chubb when he slips to 12 and Mayfield at 22.  Look good?

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Fair enough.  I think the Bills should trade Shady for Barkley right after he is picked.  Then we can pick Vander Doodle in the 4th so LB is set.  We can pick Chubb when he slips to 12 and Mayfield at 22.  Look good?

And another that goes on the Zero football knowledge list.

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And another that goes on the Zero football knowledge list.

Zero percent chance just like your stuff. And McCarron may or may not be the answer but it is clear that there was a well documented market for him, even if it did get botched.

Zero percent chance just like your stuff. And McCarron may or may not be the answer but it is clear that there was a well documented market for him, even if it did get botched.

Really what Jackson getting over ruled?

so much of a Market he takes 5M a year as a QB what a blistering market. Christ the Glass Man (Bradford) got over 20M

3 hours ago, 1billsfan said:

I've become more and more convinced that Jackson's going to become a transformational QB in the NFL. He's going to be the best QB from this draft by far. I think he's going to be a faster, more elusive Randle Cunningham and Michael Vick. I have no doubts that he's very high on the Bills board and I think the Mayfield stuff is a smokescreen. What a crazy draft this is going to be, so many differing opinions and options and scenarios. I can't fault anyone for have the opposite opinions than mine, seems everyone has  a different feeling of how it will all go down.

This is a good post and I've felt this way at times too. Eventually there is going to be an exceptionally athletic QB that has the pocket presence of a Tom Brady/Peyton Manning and that QB will transform the league.  It is going to happen. If Lamar Jackson turns out to be that player, which looks entirely possible, a franchise could set themselves up for years especially if said franchise has an additional 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. 

I do believe the Buffalo Bills will attempt to trade up to draft a traditional QB. But if for reasons Beane can not control it doesn't happen and Jackson is available at 12, IMO he will draft him. And it could turn out to be the best thing that has happened to the Bills in 25 years. 

36 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

They know.

How do they know?  They don't know and that's why it's a terrible trade. 

Edited by Bills Pimpin'
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

This is a good post and I've felt this way at times too. Eventually there is going to be an exceptionally athletic QB that has the pocket presence of a Tom Brady/Peyton Manning and that QB will transform the league.  It is going to happen. If Lamar Jackson turns out to be that player, which looks entirely possible, a franchise could set themselves up for years especially if said franchise has an additional 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. 

I do believe the Buffalo Bills will attempt to trade up to draft a traditional QB. But if for reasons Beane can not control it doesn't happen and Jackson is available at 12, IMO he will draft him. And it could turn out to be the best thing that has happened to the Bills in 25 years. 

Not a Jackson fan ... but as time goes on it could just be that the Rosen/Mayfield interest is a massive smoke screen for Jackson, the hidden #1 choice by the team all along. 

2 hours ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

How do they know?  They don't know and that's why it's a terrible trade. 

I think what DeShaun Watson did last season opened up a lot of eyes around the NFL. Now here we have a faster more elusive close clone of Watson in Lamar Jackson and all 32 teams were at his pro day.

When you think about the fact that teams have much less time to practice as opposed to years ago, it makes total sense to have a much more simplified "college" type of offense with a dual threat QB running it in the way that the Texans did with Watson.

Then you look at Jackson's very competitive demeanor and drive to be great...HMMMM...hard not to really start liking what he could do for the Bills franchise the next 10 years or more.

Edited by 1billsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 1billsfan said:

I think what DeShaun Watson did last season opened up a lot of eyes around the NFL. Now here we have a faster more elusive close clone of Watson in Lamar Jackson and all 32 teams were at his pro day.

When you think about the fact that teams have much less time to practice as opposed to years ago, it makes total sense to have a much more simplified "college" type of offense with a dual threat QB running it in the way that the Texans did with Watson.

Then you look at Jackson's very competitive demeanor and drive to be great...HMMMM...hard not to really start liking what he could do for the Bills franchise the next 10 years or more.

I get what youre saying and i agree, in theory. Watson had more arm, big game xp, and QB talent than Jackson has now this year tho.

Only the Cleveland Browns could be stupid enough to draft a 4th round calibre prospect 1st overall. 

If they have any clue, I have to believe that this is all smoke and they're hoping that if someone else really likes Allen that they'll trade up to get him because I don't see anyways a QB with decision making and accuracy problems who was a mediocre college QB can be the #1 pick in the draft.