Are you a collector of things?

145B4IDIE

Just wondering who may be a collector of certain items .

Other than my extensive collection of Bills related items, I collect pencils. I kinda got into them at a young age when my grandfather had a box of old and unique ones and let me look through them. I have and treasure them now and have been collecting ever since. Some are nearly 100 years old and very unique.

I also have several old typewriters that I've acquired because of their sculptural artistic nature, Underwood, Royal, L.C Smith(Corona) etc.

So, what does anyone collect? Let us know what your passion is, maybe someone can help fill a collection.

I know this thread opens ample room for some less than serious replies, and that's OK

Pens..from not only in the United States but all around the world.My friends and relatives always remember to bring me one of two.I have so many from old establishments..like Mickey Rats..Gold Dome Bank..the list goes on.I have some hip ones..Lucy's Retired Surfers Bar (NOLA),Peg Leg Pete's (Pensacola Beach)...

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Antique vases and Fenton glass 

rosaries 

baseball cards

If I only knew what happened to all of my cards ..and my stamp books from Bells (nhl) and Sunoco (nfl).I had a Wayne Gretzky rookie card,OJ  rookie,Tom Seaver rookie,Phil Esposito wearing a pair of black and white checkered slacks...the list goes on.

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Antique vases and Fenton glass 

rosaries 

baseball cards

Rosaries..I like that.I have some very special ones...

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

If I only knew what happened to all of my cards ..and my stamp books from Bells (nhl) and Sunoco (nfl).I had a Wayne Gretzky rookie card,OJ  rookie,Tom Seaver rookie,Phil Esposito wearing a pair of black and white checkered slacks...the list goes on.

Rosaries..I like that.I have some very special ones...

Yea I have a few from Jerusalem, some from Rome, a couple from Fatima and a bunch other 

10 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Wife collects clothespins.

[& it's not what you think... Sickos...:P]

Anyway... Amazing how many different designs there are through the years.

I wonder if the new generation knows what a clothesline and clothespins are.

4 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I wonder if the new generation knows what a clothesline and clothespins are.

My mother always hung the clothes out in the summer on a clothesline and i still do

im sure it's more common down south... hardly have much summer to do it here in Buffalo... just a few months 

31 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

My mother always hung the clothes out in the summer on a clothesline and i still do

im sure it's more common down south... hardly have much summer to do it here in Buffalo... just a few months 

A lot of the elitist communities have ordinances against them now.

29 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

A lot of the elitist communities have ordinances against them now.

Yeah, I think theres the elitist communities where you must apply for permission to grow a certain colour flower in your garden or Paint your mailbox a certain colour that would have them banned, and then theres the hipster communites where I would be its the cool thing to do because its old and retro making it cool until many people start doing it again........

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

huh lol

i grew up in the lower middle class and a lot closer to the hood than elitist communities lol

Not saying your community.  Just others.  Some don't think it looks right.  I live in the hood (well kinda) now.

Some communities, wouldn't even let residents park a pickup in their driveway.

Even back in day!

This was from back in day, 1989... Close to where I am. 

https://www.nytimes.com/1989/11/13/us/flossmoor-journal-for-pickup-no-parking-in-its-own-driveway.html

A friend of mine collects 80s and 90s arcade games.  He has a garage full of faded and warped wooden cabinets, burnt out system boards, heavy ass CRT, and leaking capacitor

But when all the pieces fit together he's got a sweet Top Gun, Spy Hunter, Mortal Kombat, etc rig that sells for a pretty penny

Was a big toy car collector as a kid and then sports cards when I got older.  The cars I kept but the cards I threw out most of them unless they were somewhat valuable or were a Bills player.

Every now and then though I appease my inner child by buying some basketball cards or Hot Wheels