Are you a collector of things?

145B4IDIE

Collections...

Logo-ed golf balls from courses I have played and other unique collectible golf balls.

Ships-on-a-stick from carnival cruise ships.  These are the prize if you win a trivia contest. 

$100 bills.. I used to have a bunch of these but my two daughters went to college, got married, etc

and Mrs. Lew has a new kitchen, so that collection is singular now :mellow:

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Pens..from not only in the United States but all around the world.My friends and relatives always remember to bring me one of two.I have so many from old establishments..like Mickey Rats..Gold Dome Bank..the list goes on.I have some hip ones..Lucy's Retired Surfers Bar (NOLA),Peg Leg Pete's (Pensacola Beach)...

Alright, admit it! You’re the reason banks and other places started chaining them down, aren’t you?

:)

11 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Not saying your community.  Just others.  Some don't think it looks right.  I live in the hood (well kinda) now.

Some communities, wouldn't even let residents park a pickup in their driveway.

Even back in day!

This was from back in day, 1989... Close to where I am. 

https://www.nytimes.com/1989/11/13/us/flossmoor-journal-for-pickup-no-parking-in-its-own-driveway.html

Crazy! It's fun living in the hood... never a dull moment 

9 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I've got a bunch of miscellaneous Sports Memorabilia and I collect shot glasses from every big city I visit  

I failed to mention shotglasses! I have those too, along with pint glasses from around the country

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Augie said:

Alright, admit it! You’re the reason banks and other places started chaining them down, aren’t you?

:)

Kevo,it was always a request from me and never a act of thievery.However,if you remember the old K-Mart on Transit near Clinton (Mayer Bros.Cider Mill),I did lift a old Farrah Fawcett iron on for a t-shirt.Must have been around '77 or so.My sisters blew me in..mom took me back to the store and made me return it..with the manager present.The old school way..I begged and pleaded with her..simply asking "please,don't tell dad".She didn't...I guess it was a lesson learned when she took me back to the store..giving me the silent treatment.It was all justified...she packed my lunch for school the next morning...like she always did.Happy Easter.

4 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Kevo,it was always a request from me and never a act of thievery.However,if you remember the old K-Mart on Transit near Clinton (Mayer Bros.Cider Mill),I did lift a old Farrah Fawcett iron on for a t-shirt.Must have been around '77 or so.My sisters blew me in..mom took me back to the store and made me return it..with the manager present.The old school way..I begged and pleaded with her..simply asking "please,don't tell dad".She didn't...I guess it was a lesson learned when she took me back to the store..giving me the silent treatment.It was all justified...she packed my lunch for school the next morning...like she always did.Happy Easter.

That sounds like my family! We recently took my Golden to the groomers, and when my wife picked her up she stopped to buy her an elk horn chew treat. Gracie loved it, but after paying my wife found it on the floor, picked it up and walked out. When she got home she learned the elk horn was dropped because Gracie had found a better treat on the bottom shelf she was hiding in her slobbering mouth. 

I went back the next day to pay for the stolen treat, but I knew Gracie would not have been shamed. She might have lifted some more goodies given the chance. Hey! She’s a dog! 

19 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Wasn't that a Twin-Fair?  The K-Mart was French & Transit.

:D

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Wasn't that a Twin-Fair?  The K-Mart was French & Transit.

:D

Gosh..that is so long ago.pretty sure that was k-mart and they moved to the Bells plaza.It may have been TC...I know it wasn't Two Guys.

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

Gosh..that is so long ago.pretty sure that was k-mart and they moved to the Bells plaza.It may have been TC...I know it wasn't Two Guys.

Two Guys was on Walden.  Twin-Fair... I think was just past Seneca Creek/Blossom Road... I think that Twin-Fair, it is some BoA (Bank of America) offices or something... Going towards Bullis/400.

The Echo "head shop" was out that way too. :lol:

I lived off of French in S.Cheek.  Went to W.SenecaWest.

I might not remember if K-Mart moved to French... ???

Twin-Fair, ahead of time... Had grocery too!

34 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Two Guys was on Walden.  Twin-Fair... I think was just past Seneca Creek/Blossom Road... I think that Twin-Fair, it is some BoA (Bank of America) offices or something... Going towards Bullis/400.

The Echo "head shop" was out that way too. :lol:

I lived off of French in S.Cheek.  Went to W.SenecaWest.

I might not remember if K-Mart moved to French... ???

Twin-Fair, ahead of time... Had grocery too!

I know the area very well..we are members of St.Gabriels...and still get pies and jams from Mayer Bros.Did you ever pick strawberries at Bipperts Farm?

Edited by Misterbluesky

11 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I know the area very well..we are members of St.Gabriels...and still get pies and jams from Mayer Bros.Did you ever pick strawberries at Bipperts Farm?

Yep!  Last year!  We use to spear fish along creek... Buffalo Creek

My father... Back in 1950s would swim where "Iron Bridge" used to be out Clinton/Two Rod in Marilla.  That's wher he had his accident diving off Iron Bridge when he was 18.

Our parish was 14 Holy Helpers... But my Brother got married (first marriage) @ St.Gabriels.  St.Gabriel's Holy Name Society is who I would meet up with on their yearly out of town Bills game... The last 20 years.  

15 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yep!  Last year!  We use to spear fish along creek... Buffalo Creek

My father... Back in 1950s would swim where "Iron Bridge" used to be out Clinton/Two Rod in Marilla.  That's wher he had his accident diving off Iron Bridge when he was 18.

Our parish was 14 Holy Helpers... But my Brother got married (first marriage) @ St.Gabriels.  St.Gabriel's Holy Name Society is who I would meet up with on their yearly out of town Bills game... The last 20 years.  

We know each other.

On 3/31/2018 at 12:03 AM, Buffalo716 said:

My mother always hung the clothes out in the summer on a clothesline and i still do

im sure it's more common down south... hardly have much summer to do it here in Buffalo... just a few months 

My grandmother had a furnace with one large floor "grate". In the winter or on rainy days that is where she dried laundry. She also had a wringer washer.  ;)

My collection was comic books. A one time I had probably 12,000 or more. I have harvested that down to less than 1,000 that I keep because I like them or possible investment. Starting in the late 80's and increasingly in the 90's, demand for comics decreased. Also, like sports cards, there were so many "commons" that you would e lucky if one in a hundred kept collector interest.

For a couple years I traveled to comic book/card shows in Rochester and Buffalo, but once the best comics were "cherry picked" from my inventory, it was not a profitable task. I sold quite a few on e-Bay for a while too. I loved comics until they started costing too much, and publishers dealt so heavily on creating "fake" collectibles, instead of good comics with good stories. So I enjoyed the hobby, but did not "retire" on the profit from selling them as I once hoped!  :lol:

A few years back, I sold about 6,000 for a dime each to a comic book store. They had the means to sell them over time to collectors, and I cleaned house. 

Edited by rockpile
spelling