Zay Jones Tweets "thankful to be alive"

42 minutes ago, CamboBill said:

I wish him all the best and hope he can restore his career ASAP after getting his personal life together. Still not clear to me if any chemicals were involved, or it was just a case of some family genetics and stress catching up with him. Either way, something like that has to be a wake up call and push him to get whatever help he needs.

I think it is pretty evident by Beane's and McDermott's comments that there was some outside variable involved.  Disappointed in someone is not what you say when someone had a mental breakdown.

"Look, at the end of the day, it's an unfortunate situation and somewhat disappointing. But it's a situation to me that we can all take something from and learn from it," McDermott said.

"Sean and I did speak with Zay after everything settled down. He'll be back in Buffalo soon. It's an unfortunate situation is probably the best way to phrase it. It was a private conversation between me, Sean and Zay so I'm just going to leave it there." 

• Like (+1) 1

Ya gotta think the stress alone on this dude would've been enough to look for relief. You go from catching everything thrown at you in college, to catching nothing at the NFL level. We forget these gargantuan beings are just boys. This type of pressure could make anyone crack. I have a feeling Zay is gonna show up for us this year. It's a confidence thing not an inability to catch. I'm curious to what substance he was on but it really not doesn't matter.

We really need this guy to grow up fast.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

If only your hands were as nice as your ass.

Well, now there's a silver lining that should brighten things for Zay in an otherwise embarrassing situation...another dude on TBD admirers his posterior side.  :wacko:

On 3/31/2018 at 2:10 AM, Ittakestime said:

I think it is pretty evident by Beane's and McDermott's comments that there was some outside variable involved.  Disappointed in someone is not what you say when someone had a mental breakdown.

"Look, at the end of the day, it's an unfortunate situation and somewhat disappointing. But it's a situation to me that we can all take something from and learn from it," McDermott said.

"Sean and I did speak with Zay after everything settled down. He'll be back in Buffalo soon. It's an unfortunate situation is probably the best way to phrase it. It was a private conversation between me, Sean and Zay so I'm just going to leave it there." 

You could well be right, but I did not process those comments as incriminating of drug use.  They could be dissapointed in any number of things (e.g., a domestic dispute That set him off somehow).  Synt weed does sound like the most plausible explanation though.

It was obvious he was high as all get out in the video. Just because the cops didn't find drugs when they arrived doesn't mean that drugs were not consumed before hand. This was not 'normal' behavior. People don't just do stuff like that without drugs being involved. 

His brothers keeper??? Why was he partying at some down trodden apartment complex with his brother in the first place? His brother doesn't sound like much of a savior to me, sounds like they were up to no good and his brother was clearly involved in some way.

It's a shame, for once I wish these young men would appreciate the opportunity in front of them, there are much better ways for Zay to be spending his off season for himself and for his team!

20 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I think all those jumping to this conclusion are way off. 

If there were illegal substances involved, there is no way there aren’t charges. 

Yet if it were a mental breakdown people wouldn’t be saying that he’s all good. He’d likely be in a mental hospital if drugs weren’t the cause. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

21 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I think all those jumping to this conclusion are way off. 

If there were illegal substances involved, there is no way there aren’t charges. 

Many synthetics aren't illegal.  You don't know s@#$ about drugs, old man.  Bet you've never even done tide pods.  I can guarantee you've never even heard of jenkem. 

My crew vapes jenkem 24/7.  #Blaze$hit