Kyle Allen - Houston QB

PIZ

This is pretty mych Jeff Driskel. Big time recruit with less than stellar college career but huge upside if developed. Kevin Sumlin really jerked him around. Then he got benched in Houston for throwing interceptions. Had a pretty impressive game against Rice and was very good for A&M early. Certainly worth a late flyer. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if he tweaked his mechanics after arriving at Houston because the film I've seen was all from his time at A&M, but I don't like his throwing motion at all and he looked terribly unimpressive at A&M. Obviously didn't fare much better in Houston since he got benched after only a couple of games.

Certainly wouldn't touch him until late on Day 3, but in my mind, he's probably a UDFA level prospect.

Edit: Just watched the video in the OP...still not a fan of that throwing motion. Seems really odd that he was the #1 QB recruit once upon a time with those mechanics; the way he throws looks like he was a baseball player that committed to football later on in high school.

Edited by DCOrange