Browns Trade QB Cody Kessler to the Jaguars

Kessler is an improvement over Bortles IMO.  I actually liked him coming out.  Very accurate passer.  Don't let his experience with the Browns fool you completely.  He can become something...maybe...possibly...but probably not at this point.

2 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

Stay far, far away from Darnold. 

I'm not a big fan of Darnold. Carson Palmer is likely the only USC exception. Otherwise, you have Matt Leinart, Mark Sanchez, Todd Marinovich, Matt Barkley, Rob Johnson, Matt Cassel, Rodney Peete, Pat Haden, John David Booty, Cody Kessler, Sean Salisbury, Paul McDonald and Vince Evans. Not much NFL success.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, mannc said:

That was a good use of a third round pick.  Another USC QB success story....

That's pretty funny that the guy Darnold was redshirted for and sat behind has already washed out after 2 seasons on the team that's about to draft him. I don't know who should be more worried, the Browns or Darnold

25 minutes ago, buffaloaggie said:

I'm not a big fan of Darnold. Carson Palmer is likely the only USC exception. Otherwise, you have Matt Leinart, Mark Sanchez, Todd Marinovich, Matt Barkley, Rob Johnson, Matt Cassel, Rodney Peete, Pat Haden, John David Booty, Cody Kessler, Sean Salisbury, Paul McDonald and Vince Evans. Not much NFL success.

If it was the same coach and system the whole time you would be on to something, but these using a false equivalency like the schools name should not be used to judge a QB.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I am not 100% sure Cody Kessler isn't just as good as Blake Bortles.  

Same here...which isn't saying much for either of them really. 

Just now, BuffaloSol said:

If it was the same coach and system the whole time you would be on to something, but these using a false equivalency like the schools name should not be used to judge a QB.

...yeah but that's a pretty solid track record of suckage from one school. 

5 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

Same here...which isn't saying much for either of them really. 

...yeah but that's a pretty solid track record of suckage from one school. 

Still it has no real substantial weight when looking at Dsrnolds draft stock. You can look at Helton and see his two qbs in the NFL Kessler and Barkely to get a feel. But those guys were mid round project qbs from the get go and both have found backup rolls in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BuffaloSol said:

Yes, different players and different coaches.  But there are enough common denominators to make one wary: All these USC teams ran a pro-set, were ultra-talented, played in great weather, had high national visibility, and most all the QBs were California kids.  Like Darnold, they were all in a system that made it very easy for a QB to look good.  As a result, most were greatly overrated and were exposed at the NFL level.  Doesn’t mean Darnold will suck too, but caveat emptor!

• Like (+1) 2