The Bright Side Concerning Peterman

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Because last year he was a rookie?  Do you expect stir and ready pro backup players?

This is such nonsense. Hes a professional who was called the "most pro ready" in the draft.

Use your eyes. What about Peterman makes you think he will be good? Give me an example, a clip, something that shows me he has a chance.

That SD game was horrendous. Awful. Epic bad day.

12 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Yes. I know it was his rookie year.  No rookie has ever overcome a worse start because there's never been a worse start.

I'm tired of wasting time with bad backup QBs taking up valuable roster space. He is to McDermott what Tuel Time was to Marrone. Only Tuel Time was better.

Again, I have a new bottle of Tabasco in my pantry should I need to eat crow. Seriously doubt I'll need it,but if I Do, its ready. 

I concede, you make a valid point.  It sucks that he set a record like that.  I do still believe he was forced into a rough situation, and that first pick really effed things up....

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

This is such nonsense. Hes a professional who was called the "most pro ready" in the draft.

Use your eyes. What about Peterman makes you think he will be good? Give me an example, a clip, something that shows me he has a chance.

I def think we should throw him on the trash heap getting thrown into a game against a very good pass rush when he clearly was not ready.

After all....its not like QBs are not groomed....they are as good as they are gonna be when they are drafted and that is it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I def think we should throw him on the trash heap getting thrown into a game against a very good pass rush when he clearly was not ready.

After all....its not like QBs are not groomed....they are as good as they are gonna be when they are drafted and that is it.

So you have nothing? Your argument is that he cant be any worse?

That is incredibly uninspiring

Just now, smuvtalker said:

I concede, you make a valid point.  It sucks that he set a record like that.  I do still believe he was forced into a rough situation, and that first pick really effed things up....

NFL QBs have to have a short memory.  How many times have we heard that?  If he doesn't, then that's another reason he doesn't belong.

Good thing time was almost out in the playoff game.  that pick would likely have ruined that game too.

Edited by reddogblitz

20 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I don't think he will survive the final cut if he doesn't blow up over the summer..since the Bills are going to bring in a QB via the draft and another undrafted arm....he will be playing for his NFL life at SJF  this summer.

Now this I completely agree.   He absolutely will be fighting for his roster spot this summer. You think in addition to our 1st round pick rookie that they will bring in an undrafted QB?  Between AJ, the rookie, Nate, and an undrafted camp invite, I'm confident Nate can secure a roster spot.  My guess is we go into the regular season carrying 3 qb's yes?

If we release him I fully expect a team to immediately scoop him up.

Edited by smuvtalker
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I do think he showed some flashes in the Indy game.  I thought that TD throw to Benjamin was very 'veteran-esque', and in those conditions, u gotta give him at least a little credit....I will even go as far as to say if he hadn't gotten hurt, I think he could've redeemed the SD performance in that game alone....

2 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

He's a good kid. Easy to root for. I don't hold the Charger game against him as much as I do Dennison/Culley for clearly not having him ready.

I think the game will slow down for him a bit. He will, I think one day be a capable BU.

Starting him (against the Chargers of all teams!) might have been the single biggest mistake by the new regime so far. It made me wonder about them, especially the timing. We’ll never really know what went on behind the scenes there, despite the rumors. Regardless, I’m over it and we move forward. I think he can be a very serviceable backup. 

15 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

My arguement is that we dont know yet.....

He is on the roster and was drafted by this regime...so he has a chance.

No, he doesn't

15 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

I do think he showed some flashes in the Indy game.  I thought that TD throw to Benjamin was very 'veteran-esque', and in those conditions, u gotta give him at least a little credit....I will even go as far as to say if he hadn't gotten hurt, I think he could've redeemed the SD performance in that game alone....

One pass? Sure, good job Nate. 

I'll ignore his 6 ints for that one decent pass

18 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

What possible about Nate Pick6 Peterman makes you think he will turn it around? He is not a good NFL player. He isn't even capable or playing a half of a game somewhat effectively.

Don't give me "he played well in the snow." BS. Guys could barely stand. Throw that game out from any talent evaluation.

5-10 for 57 yards. He sucked that day too. If the conditions were not horrendous, Tyrod plays that game 

And he set a record for the worst performance in the history of QBing.

Hes awful. If he makes the roster, I'll be amazed

What I like about Peterman is his ability to make quick decisions and get the ball out quickly, he trusts his receivers to make plays.

To be clear I am not making the case that he should be the starter, he will be a Pro Bowl player or  eventual Hall of Famer, I haven't seen enough of him play to come to any conclusion but I have seen some things I hope he can build on which is why I said I like that he is in the mix for consideration..

• Like (+1) 1

I will take an accurate, aggressive QB with a quick release that has done his homework and give him a roster spot every day. I'd have no problem if he won the competition this training camp and I have a funny feeling neither would the head coach. 

I'll take his opinion front and center. I could give a $hit about arm strength. It's the most overrated thing in football outside of "40 time".

• Like (+1) 1