Browns Sign QB Drew Stanton to a 2-Year Deal

2 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Taylor, traded to Arizona early in the season to replace the injured Bradford.

Baker Mayfield becomes the starting QB by October 1. Stanton continues to hold clipboard for the next two years.

I love Baker but there is 0% chance he goes #1 overall 

Just now, Tyrod's friend said:

I'll take that bet. Go ahead and give me odds. He's #1, and he's #1 going away. Best QB in this draft and it isn't even close. 

70 years of NFL football says he isn't going #1 ...

I love Baker and think he's a stud , he isn't going #1 overall 

• Like (+1) 1

Browns have said Taylor is a good starter with upside and he's their guy.  

Can you imagine what the Browns fans would do if they stuck with TT and passed on a QB at 1 and 4???  HAHAHAHA, I have a friend who is a Browns fan, and I would laugh my ass off cuz he would be so pissed.

I still think there is zero percent change they pass on a QB twice, but it was interesting comments the Browns made after trading for TT.  Personally, I would take Barkley at 1 and Baker at 4.  But if they go QB at 1, and its Darnold, they might still land Barkely at 4 if Giants trade down or go Chubb.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Browns have said Taylor as a good starter and he's their guy.  

Can you imagine what the Browns fans would do if they stuck with TT and passed on a QB at 1 and 4???  HAHAHAHA, I have a friend who is a Browns fan, and I would laugh my ass off cuz he would be so pissed.

I still think there is zero percent change they pass on a QB twice, but it was interesting comments the Browns made after trading for TT.  Personally, I would take Barkley at 1 and Baker at 4.  But if they go QB at 1, and its Darnold, they might still land Barkely at 4 if Giants trade down or go Chubb.

Barkely & Chubb/Fitz

Just now, billspro said:

I don't understand this signing at all. They have a bridge QB already and two young QBs on the roster. 

Are they just going to cut Hogan and Kessler at this point?

It is sort of a puzzling signing.  Hogan and Kessler are gone via trade or release as picks from another regime. 

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Browns have said Taylor as a good starter and he's their guy.  

perhaps Browns re looking at a guy they feel they can sit  awhile. Trade down. everyone wants those 1 and 4 picks from them.

My guess is they are absolutely taking a QB. But they have so much leverage, they can get their guy while moving up or down and getting some other great players out of this draft.

Maybe not who  some suspect though.

Edited by 3rdand12