New here

49 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Jets fan here. Not looking to troll or anything like that. Just genuinely enjoy talking football with other fan bases. Been following the site for awhile and look forward to chopping it up over some sports.

think we all can agree this draft is going to be crazy for the AFC Easts future.

What do you think of Bowles and why does he always have that weird grin like he passed gas likes the smell ? 

So Patriot Killa, don't you think it would be wonderful if the Jets were to draft an elite guard prospect like Quentin Nelson with that third overall pick?  It's good to build from the line out, don't you think?

• Haha (+1) 1

Of course I would prefer the Bills be the team to finally take down NE.  But if we can’t I hope someone in our division does soon.  Even if it’s you guys or the Dolphins.

Edited by Talley56

FYI there's a really funny troll Jets account (I have to assume it's a Bills guy) but he posts before every Jets game, I forget the name but it's hilarious.. So when you see that pop up, just know it's not a Jet fan cause it makes you guys look like meatheads.. great stuff.

I like having other fans get active here, we get mean as all hell about PatsFanNH, and he's a cool dude but he got ripped.

But screw the Pats right!

16 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

FYI there's a really funny troll Jets account (I have to assume it's a Bills guy) but he posts before every Jets game, I forget the name but it's hilarious.. So when you see that pop up, just know it's not a Jet fan cause it makes you guys look like meatheads.. great stuff.

I like having other fans get active here, we get mean as all hell about PatsFanNH, and he's a cool dude but he got ripped.

That would be the before mentioned Jimmy Spags

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

I'm jealous of that 3rd pick.

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

"Jets fan here, just coming to rub in trading for #3"

I was seriously scared you guys would jump ahead of us. I was saying back on the Jets forum. I almost was sure Maccagnan was going to just sit on his hands and let you guys move up.

Bills actually still do worry me because you guys have so much ammo to put something together with the Giants. 

I’m a huge Rosen fan. Most of us are, but we acknowledge the fact that we might wind up having to pick from Mayfield and Allen if NYG decide that they love Rosen...they took him out to dinner so it’s got me down. But who knows ..so many different scenarios can go down.

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

So are you guys just kicking Hack to the curb or what

I hope so..and it seems like it with Teddy/McCown on the roster. Unless we try and stash him on the practice squad..tbh I don’t that though..it would be better for us just to let him go and find work elsewhere. It a shame that idiot Bowles never let him on the field, even in a lost season.

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

What would make you happy between now and week 1?

What do you need to be in the playoffs come week 17?

That should help ya get started and a bit if a trial by the fire to see what you're going to add.

Welcome either way.

Well for starters we absolutely need our franchise QB. That’s first..I think that Bowles and Macc’s future depends on picking the right guy. Seems like the trend we shifted towards in FA was younger players with upside...but we never addressed the TE position after letting ASJ walk..i’m thinking we should convert Quincy Enunwa back to TE/H-back and let him take those crossing routes over the middle. As big as he is and as fast as he is, he should draw great match ups for LB’s/Safeties. 

O-line still needs to be beefed up. Got an alright Center in Spencer Long to go with our new Zone Blocking Scheme, wasn’t tooooo fond of the move but can understand it. He fits the scheme and he plays a little gaurd so he can pull well. Would of really liked Weston Richberg, but he got a ridiculously large contract from the 9ers.

Cornerback we should be set at with Trumanine Johnson who will fit Bowles man-press scheme well but I can’t help but feel like we could of done more...Honey Badger would of been an awesome flip move..cut Buster Skrine and flip his 6-7 million it frees up into that 1 year 7 million deal that Badger winded up getting from Houston. Would like to see us get better depth at the position though. Skrine played well towards the end of the season but it a penalty machjencans limited in what he can do on the field. 

Running back..man..this is a position I really wished we could of upgrades better but I guess I can understand the thought process..Macc didn’t want to let us out in the cold for the position being that he knew he would have to trade up and couldn’t dedicate picks to the HB position..Crowell is a nice contract..barely any money guaranteed and it works.. but still hoping that they draft a young guy to take over after the eventual Bilal Powell cut..know that has to be looming next.

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

The draft will be a WILD ride indeed - Screw Brady and Welcome aboard.....

It really will be. If both the Jets and Bills get their franchise guy and we both rebuild correctly,  I imagine it’s going to be us that fight for the AFC East crown a lot..that’s going to be fun considering the two QB’s are coming from the same class. Anything but the Patriots! The Brady era is dying slow and painfully but it’s coming to an end soon.

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

What do you think of Bowles and why does he always have that weird grin like he passed gas likes the smell ? 

He shows emotion? That’s new for me. I always seen the guy as someone who would the same stone cold stare even if he was climaxing LOL.

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Jets fan here. Not looking to troll or anything like that. Just genuinely enjoy talking football with other fan bases. Been following the site for awhile and look forward to chopping it up over some sports.

think we all can agree this draft is going to be crazy for the AFC Easts future.

Who do you root for in baseball?

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

So Patriot Killa, don't you think it would be wonderful if the Jets were to draft an elite guard prospect like Quentin Nelson with that third overall pick?  It's good to build from the line out, don't you think?

Lol I see what you are trying to do there...? QB is first. But love Nelson as a prospect.

55 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

Of course I would prefer the Bills be the team to finally take down NE.  But if we can’t I hope someone in our division does soon.  Even if it’s you guys or the Dolphins.

Honestly think our two teams have the best shot. Dolphins are stuck as a middling team rather than an acsending one.  the more they commit to Tannehill, the more they will drag themselves down with those 7-9, 6-10 seasons. 

Tannehill is not not the answer. So Bills/Jets definitely come away with the best chance to become contenders in this division. I would want nothing else but to stick it the Pats and their snobby fans. Those guys are a$sholss man lol.  Completely unenjoyable to be around and talk sports with. 

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Who do you root for in baseball?

Nah, just basketball and football.

2 hours ago, Ray Finkel said:

Who do you think the Jets are targeting at 3?  Mayfield, Rosen or Allen?

We have some insider information from a guy on our board but usually around this time of the year mostly everyone on the outside is in the dark aside from the HC, GM and head of the scouting department..from what I understand they have their board something like this

Darnold, Rosen and Allen..with Mayfield making a late push for #3

If Rosen is there we will most likely go Rosen with #3. Our front office loves him but they also love 2 or three others as well.

If the Giants or you guys trade up and take Rosen, we most likely go Allen. Personally I want Rosen badly..but if the scenario does break where Rosen is gone..I want Mayfield..I don’t think Allen will put it together for the extremely high upside that he possesses. Think I’m beginning to be okay with who ever we go with at this point when at first I wanted nothing to do with any QB not named Rosen or Mayfield. 

Edited by Patriot Killa

Have a feeling we will be talking about this offseason for years to come. You do know the Jets will pick the wrong QB lol. JK. I remember the old Jets  (Obrian ) vs Miami (Marino) games man they were the best. 

Edited by PIP

2 minutes ago, PIP said:

Have a feeling we will be talking about this offseason for years to come. You do know the Jets will pick the wrong QB lol 

Oh this is definitely an offseason for the books..think it reshapes the entire division for once Brady is gone.

and yeah..you are probably right LMAO. I think they may be able to luck into a decent one though. 

I dont trust this organization to develop a QB by themselves though..that’s why Allen is a big no for me.

3 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Yeah, who was that Jets guy?  Those were tremendous.

Patriot Killa we seem to be running low on QB draft prospect threads.  Please start 10 of them.

welcome.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I appreciate the warm welcome guys. Gotta admit, I expected to get grilled when I signed up being that I root for a division rival but you guys seem pretty cool. 

Pats fans would of went ape sh*t lol. I honestly haven’t met a single decent Pats fan. They are all full of it.

Edited by Patriot Killa

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Welcome....  Have fun!