AJ McCarron Is Now My Favorite Quarterback Because I Am My Mother's Son

14 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I refuse to read 1000 count word thread on a football forum

Fine. In the same spirit, might I suggest you don't bother the rest of us with your policies.

Does that sound too sharp? Exactly. If you're not interested in something, click on to the next thing. He spent like two paragraphs saying to feel free not to read it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Well done. I’d rather read this interesting, “non-football” piece fifty times before one paragraph debating whether Buddy Nix was a good GM. 

I wasn’t raised in Buffalo nor I’m a religious but Catholic imagery is one of my indelible characteristics of the town. My grandmother’s best friends were nuns, the houses were decked out with crosses, pictures of the baby Jesus and a statue of Mary in the backyard. All the items foreign to where I grew up but they felt natural because it was who she was she didn’t expect us to follow along. Now dead 30 years and it’s those memories come back first. 

• Like (+1) 1

Great post and story. I loved every word of it. Sometimes things seem to happen when you least expect it. They have a way of working out. I’m hoping for A.J case they do. I know he has seen the kindness of Bills fans after the Andy Daulton play to beat Baltimore and how we stepped up to support Andy’s charity. He is in a good place here in Buffalo. I think he will be a very good player for us. The best is yet to come for him in my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1

the after effects of Catholicism last a lifetime regardless of whether you continue with the faith or not. Today I'm a practicing Buddhist but still feel inappropriate guilt which I attribute to my Catholic upbringing

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Your loss Peterman.

Nice read Bad - reminds me of some of Shaw’s olds posts in the burglar days.

I understand and hope it means something - probably won’t, but a connection made is a connection and not that you need a reason to be a fan - it just helps when it feels right.

19 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Whatever the case may be, it was an entertaining read, BLM.

Sometimes I wish you had all the posts you made over the years in a book.

I’d buy it.

Me too Beast - me too.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

@BadLandsMeanie

as one Catholic board member to a board member son of a Catholic who sounds pretty darn special, thank you.

Thanks D2D, you are very kind to say so.

15 hours ago, NewEra said:

I love your posts BLM.  Keep being you.  

Thank you New Era :)

15 hours ago, Blue on Blue said:

Thanks.  I don't quite know why, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post. 

Hehehe. I understand what you

mean BoB. Thank you.

7 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

Well done. I’d rather read this interesting, “non-football” piece fifty times before one paragraph debating whether Buddy Nix was a good GM. 

I wasn’t raised in Buffalo nor I’m a religious but Catholic imagery is one of my indelible characteristics of the town. My grandmother’s best friends were nuns, the houses were decked out with crosses, pictures of the baby Jesus and a statue of Mary in the backyard. All the items foreign to where I grew up but they felt natural because it was who she was she didn’t expect us to follow along. Now dead 30 years and it’s those memories come back first. 

I really hadn't thought of it that way too much before. It is a regional thing. Thanks for your feedback and comments Max.

5 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

Great post Brother! ❤️

You are very welcome Brother ReturnTG :)

5 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Great post and story. I loved every word of it. Sometimes things seem to happen when you least expect it. They have a way of working out. I’m hoping for A.J case they do. I know he has seen the kindness of Bills fans after the Andy Daulton play to beat Baltimore and how we stepped up to support Andy’s charity. He is in a good place here in Buffalo. I think he will be a very good player for us. The best is yet to come for him in my opinion. 

Thank you very much Thurmanator. And you make a good point I think that whole Bills Fans raining money on Dalton, and then the receiver too, showed us fans in the best possible light.

I think at minimum McCarron will be good for the locker room as they say. And I think he has a legitimate shot to become more than he has so far. It isn't a crazy possibility. Plus, you know, I think it will happen. :) Even though I don't belive it, I do. Oh well. One thing I got already is I am not worried very much about the draft any more. 

Anyway I hope in the end, McCarron winds up thinking of Buffalo the same was he thinks of Alabama.

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

Your loss Peterman.

Nice read Bad - reminds me of some of Shaw’s olds posts in the burglar days.

I understand and hope it means something - probably won’t, but a connection made is a connection and not that you need a reason to be a fan - it just helps when it feels right.

Me too Beast - me too.

Thanks Roch! I hope it means something too! You never know.

In the end no matter what happens, good or bad it will all be because somebody made a trade and forgot to send the fax.

I hope that turns into the luckiest Fax never sent for us guys here in Buffalo.

On 3/24/2018 at 2:48 PM, BadLandsMeanie said:

Anybody with sense wouldn't go posting this stuff about themselves because it is on the weird side. But I never have had that kind of sense when it comes to my Bills posts before, and it is too late to start now.

In the last few days AJ McCarron became my favorite NFL quarterback. I think he will be good and I think that for mostly superstitious reasons that I don't believe. I know it is just weird, very unlikely coincidences and I don't believe that they mean anything. Except that I do. (...)

And then here comes AJ McCarron with a giant rosary tattooed on his chest right when I have actually, literally, been losing sleep over what will happen in the draft.

(...)

AJ McCarron is my favorite NFL quarterback now, because I am my mother's son.

All sorts of links between Buffalo and Catholicism roiling around in my so-called mind now. 

I think you need to run not walk to find out what is happening with the former Our Lady of Lourdes RC church on Main Street in Buffalo.  This could be very significant.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

All sorts of links between Buffalo and Catholicism roiling around in my so-called mind now. 

I think you need to run not walk to find out what is happening with the former Our Lady of Lourdes RC church on Main Street in Buffalo.  This could be very significant.

If I waddle will that be good enough? ;)

Meanie

Well I hadn't seen this before and I'm so glad I got back to it.  It's a great combination of personal memories, commentary on religion and humor.  I couldn't stop laughing at the sentence that said "Mostly I've been focused on free agency...." Incredible juxtaposition.

You have a way of making your stories personal and humorous and touching.  It made me love your mother.  

I'm not Catholic.  I enjoyed reading all the posts from Catholics who can relate to your story. 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences. 

13 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Meanie

Well I hadn't seen this before and I'm so glad I got back to it.  It's a great combination of personal memories, commentary on religion and humor.  I couldn't stop laughing at the sentence that said "Mostly I've been focused on free agency...." Incredible juxtaposition.

You have a way of making your stories personal and humorous and touching.  It made me love your mother.  

I'm not Catholic.  I enjoyed reading all the posts from Catholics who can relate to your story. 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences. 

Thanks pal! :)

On 3/24/2018 at 4:30 PM, Sky Diver said:

McCarron should probably be dead from childhood accident. Maybe he was rescued from death for a higher purpose; to lead the Bills to the Super Bowl. :)

The higher purpose: two championships with Alabama, and Bills to Super Bowl. Reich had greatest comeback game for Maryland in college, and with the Bills as a pro.

McCarron reminds me a bit of Mayfield. He was also highly successful in college, is confident, wants to prove himself. is accurate, except he is a little taller. 

The most religious person I have known was my grandmother. She was German born, and Protestant, but deeply religious. I wish McCarron well. Very possible he is better than the top five.

Edited by Niagara
  • Like (+1) 1

On 3/24/2018 at 3:48 PM, BadLandsMeanie said:

When I was a toddler we had a life size statue of St Jude with glass eyes in the attic. My grandfather had got it from a church somewhere and we were storing it. I don't know what they did with that thing after a while, but I was very glad when it was gone because I was absolutely terrified of it. Just knowing it was up there freaked me out.

TLDR, but did see St. Jude.

The patron saint of the desperate cases and lost causes --- perfect for the Bills. Bring that statue tailgating.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/24/2018 at 4:13 PM, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Anyone who calls himself "PetermanThrew5Picks" has got to be a warm and fuzzy type person.

Actually, I like Peterman, and hope he also has a future with the team.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 3:48 PM, BadLandsMeanie said:

*** Disclaimer***

There is no football in this at all. No stats, no useful information, no insight, and nothing about the draft. It is just coincidences that happened to me lately that seem weird to me. Feel free to skip it you won't miss any important or relevant football information.

And it is very long so please do skip it if you want I assure you that you will miss nothing.

***End Disclaimer***

So I like many others read this disclaimer and didn't read any more. Then I scrolled down and saw many idiotic replies and then wondered to myself (how bad could this possibly be)

So I scrolled up and read it and I am glad I did. So I will post some thoughts and roll with it.

1. I think there was lots of really dumb replies of this thread and I am sorry you had to read them but glad you didn't react to them.

2. This thread is refreshing to me. Right now there is like 5 threads each on one QB and to read a life story like this just kind of put a smile on my face.

3. I think many of you have to realize that if you don't like a topic... DONT read it.. but to come on here and bash it is nonsense and rude. To those that did bash this thread I say to you.. Get A Life.

Thank you for this read and thanks for putting yourself out there knowing idiots would bash this thread and not care cause it meant something to YOU.  I don't have a crystal globe so who knows maybe AJ does work out. I guess we will have to see.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

So I like many others read this disclaimer and didn't read any more. Then I scrolled down and saw many idiotic replies and then wondered to myself (how bad could this possibly be)

So I scrolled up and read it and I am glad I did. So I will post some thoughts and roll with it.

1. I think there was lots of really dumb replies of this thread and I am sorry you had to read them but glad you didn't react to them.

2. This thread is refreshing to me. Right now there is like 5 threads each on one QB and to read a life story like this just kind of put a smile on my face.

3. I think many of you have to realize that if you don't like a topic... DONT read it.. but to come on here and bash it is nonsense and rude. To those that did bash this thread I say to you.. Get A Life.

Thank you for this read and thanks for putting yourself out there knowing idiots would bash this thread and not care cause it meant something to YOU.  I don't have a crystal globe so who knows maybe AJ does work out. I guess we will have to see.

ALWAYS continue reading a Meanie post.