For all who want to trade up so bad

On 3/30/2018 at 6:34 AM, KRT88 said:

I know, trading a ton of picks for a QB did the Rams and Eagle so much damage they may never recover.

OH wait, the Rams made the playoff last year and the Eagles won the Super Bowl.  Oh, wait, sorry guess it didn't hurt them. 

Correct!

Sincerely,

RGIII

On 3/18/2018 at 8:53 AM, RPbillsfan said:

The majority of posters seem to want to employ a strategy of trading most of our picks for the right to draft "a franchise QB".

The Jets just made a move that almost ensures additional years of losing football with a young QB playing short handed with a weak roster and all the expectations in the world.  No offensive weapons to use, poor offensive line, holes all over the front 7 on defense.

The Bills are now in a position to do the opposite, draft to fill the roster with young cost-controlled players to add to the talent base they have.

Six picks in the first 96. Chance to get QB, LB, CB, DT, OL and WR.  Why would you choose the pathway the Jets are taking which pretty much ensures competition with the Dolphins for last place in the AFC East.

Love to read your thoughts on this.

Yeah but with the Jets having so much cap space and signing free agents left and right, for them to trade up didn't really hurt them at all. A top QB behind McCown and the ability to fill holes with top free agents doesn't exactly spell doom for a team. As for the Bills, how many years have we strengthened every other position than QB to have at best a record of 9-7?

With this being a draft class of so many QBs to choose from, why not try something different than bolstering non QB positions that haven't gotten us anywhere for the last 17 years? And for those who want to stay at 12 and take a QB there, I don't get that at all. It doesn't make any sense to trade last year's 1st to KC for us to move up to 12 and stay there for the sake of not improving the most important position. Guys like Brady and Wilson are one in a million shots.

I'm tired of waiting to find a needle in a haystack, we've tried that too many times to just settle at 12. Some will say guys like Allen, Rosen and Mayfield are one in a million shots as well, but being aggressive worked for Philly and LA. Time to at least try something different

2 hours ago, OCinBuffalo said:

No. There isn't. Again: intent destroys any notion of "causality" or "relationship" or whatever. The fact that each player, once picked, is no longer available after each pick destroys the chances of every other team making that pick. Nothing is proven, except a tautology: drafting QB1s, before others get a chance to draft them, is more likely to happen...the higher you are in the draft. No kidding. Contrapositive: a team is less likely to draft a QB1, the lower they are in the first round. Duh! Why? Because all of the QB1s are already drafted.

Teams intend to draft QB high, and that has worked 19/33 times. Then, the crap chart starts adding other stats, that have no causal relationship, or even a correlative one, to the draft statistic, which itself proves nothing more than the obvious.

Teams intend to draft RBs, Gs, WRs, and DBs, in the 2nd round. Does drafting those players in those spots, and not in the 1st, 3rd, or 4th cause them to be make the Pro Bowl? How about win the SB? 

Again the chart isn't saying drafting in a specific round "causes" a player to be good. It is saying that the most highly rated QBs are far more successful at a more frequent rate in the 1st couple rounds. Again they aren't good because of where they were drafted, they were rated so highly (high enough to go in the first round) because they were good.

Of course they get it wrong someitmes. But if you think you will get a successful QB drafting exclusively in the 4th round at the same rate as drafting in the 1st round, you are out of your damn mind and that chart proves that.

13 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Again the chart isn't saying drafting in a specific round "causes" a player to be good. It is saying that the most highly rated QBs are far more successful at a more frequent rate in the 1st couple rounds. Again they aren't good because of where they were drafted, they were rated so highly (high enough to go in the first round) because they were good.

Of course they get it wrong someitmes. But if you think you will get a successful QB drafting exclusively in the 4th round at the same rate as drafting in the 1st round, you are out of your damn mind and that chart proves that.

Tautology.

1 minute ago, OCinBuffalo said:

Tautology.

You think that a player being drafted because they are good and being good because of where they were drafted are saying same thing? Come on man.

Again the consensus top QBs are 1st round picks because they have been evaluated. They will not be evaluated because they are projected 1st round picks. 

So your argument that the chart is meaningless is wrong. The chart shows a proven track record that said evaluations are far more accurate and miss far fewer QB candidates than you can hope for in the later rounds.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:21 AM, Wayne Arnold said:

Watch Mike White be the best quarterback to come out of this draft. That would be funny. Especially if we stay put at 12 and 22 and keep our extra 2nd and 3rd.

I'm thinking I would be just as happy with Kyle Lauletta from Richmond or Mike White from Western Kentucky AS I would be with Mason Rudolph. Plus you could probably draft those guys @ 53, 56, or 65. But I still want to see a trade up if the Bills have their eyes on ONE specific QB. I'm thinking this would be quite the adrenaline rush for a GM with this many picks. We know he is aggressive based on the chess like maneuvers made last year. Can't Wait 

I have a question for all of you who are super against trading up and it's not sarcastic, I'd genuinely like to get some insight here. Were you around for the Jim Kelly Bills? I don't mean were you 5 and have barely any memory, I mean were you old enough to be going to games and actually have a sense of what a winning team means.  

27 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Question How was RGIII before Shanahan completly mis handled his Inj?

RG111 was figured out by coordinators after his rookie season. 

He was a gimmick QB. Sure injuries played a role. But that’s also the problem of being a running QB

Just now, billsfan11 said:

RG111 was figured out by coordinators after his rookie season. 

He was a gimmick QB. Sure injuries played a role. But that’s also the problem of being a running QB

True but and his dad was an !@#$. Either way the handling of his knee screwed up his career 

20 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I have a question for all of you who are super against trading up and it's not sarcastic, I'd genuinely like to get some insight here. Were you around for the Jim Kelly Bills? I don't mean were you 5 and have barely any memory, I mean were you old enough to be going to games and actually have a sense of what a winning team means.  

I was about 10 years old during the early 90s. Unfortunately don’t remember too well. 

I really hope the Bills can trade up and get their QB because I want to experience that feeling that you talk Of

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

True but and his dad was an !@#$. Either way the handling of his knee screwed up his career 

Oh I agree. I believe he first tore it in the playoff game? 

That plus coaches getting game film on him and he was never the same after.