Should Beane be Fired Because of Today's Colts/Jets Trade?

Should Beane be Fired Because of Today's Colts/Jets Trade?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beane be Fired Because of Today's Colts/Jets Trade?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Do you know how to edit threads that you started??  If you can tell me, i'd gladly make it public.

I don't think so as by not making it public the user feels free to vote without negative backlash.  Having said that, my bet is that Dunkirk guy and SaviorPeterman.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Haha (+1) 1

I voted yes just for the heck of it LOL seriously though supposedly the Colts checked with all of the other teams looking for a quarterback I assume including Buffalo to see if we would offer something better and we didn't kind of disappointed at that. How do we let the Jets screw us? Hopefully we have something worked out with the Browns or Giants,

Edited by PIP

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Do you know how to edit threads that you started??  If you can tell me, i'd gladly make it public.

I dont, sorry. 

Im not even sure if you can make polls public here. 

Maybe someone else here can answer? 

Just now, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Doc, can I borrow the DeLorean to go 25 minutes back in time to make the poll public?

I actually have a train now.  I can't let this machine fall into the wrong hands as the consequences could be disastrous.   Sorry.

2 minutes ago, PIP said:

I voted yes just for the heck of it LOL seriously though so supposedly the Colts checked with all of the other players I assume Buffalo to see if we would offer something better and we didn't kind of disappointed at that how do we let the Jets screw us like that hopefully we have something worked out with the Browns or Giants

We're at #12 and the Jets were at #6. That puts us at a tremendous disadvantage.

12 minutes ago, PIP said:

I voted yes just for the heck of it LOL seriously though so supposedly the Colts checked with all of the other players I assume Buffalo to see if we would offer something better and we didn't kind of disappointed at that how do we let the Jets screw us like that hopefully we have something worked out with the Browns or Giants

It sounds like the Colts did have other comparable offers but chose to go with the Jets offer because Ballard said he can still get a blue chip prospect at #6. 

This was actually a pretty reckless move by the Jets when you think about it. 

They haven't even had a chance to meet with all the top QB prospects for more than 15 minutes yet. And all they did was guarantee that they can get the 3rd QB off the board. 

Four top 50 picks for possibly the 3rd QB in this draft, who they may not have even met with extensively yet or attended his pro day (if it's Mayfield/Allen)... ? 

They havent even had any of of these QBs in for a visit yet! 

Or done private workouts.... (that I'm aware of)

Edited by BillsFan4

1 minute ago, MJS said:

We're at #12 and the Jets were at #6. That puts us at a tremendous disadvantage.

I still don't get the thinking if I'm a Colts GM.  Why not wait until draft day where you can here lots of competing offers?  The #3 spot is gold considering it's pretty clear to everybody but the idiots who think Allen is going to be good that Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield are in the top tier.  So you'd essentially be able to have a bidding war at the #3 spot assuming two of those three guys go #1 and #2.  The Colts good good value for the pick, but they could have gotten more.

I don't think the op was saying he thinks they should be fired.  He was just giving those espousing such nonsense in the other threads the opportunity to go on the record here, for all to mock and criticize. 

Edited by TtownBillsFan
Autocorrect

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I still don't get the thinking if I'm a Colts GM.  Why not wait until draft day where you can here lots of competing offers?  The #3 spot is gold considering it's pretty clear to everybody but the idiots who think Allen is going to be good that Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield are in the top tier.  So you'd essentially be able to have a bidding war at the #3 spot assuming two of those three guys go #1 and #2.  The Colts good good value for the pick, but they could have gotten more.

For sure. 

Teams havent even finished vetting this QB class yet. There are Still more pro days, and visits to team facilities + private workouts haven't happened yet. 

I would guess most teams teams aren't comfortable enough to sell the farm for a QB in this draft yet. Had they waited, they probably could have gotten a better offer like you said. 

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Right!  I forgot!  You and Clara and Jules and Verne know how to work that thing, I don't.

Jules is getting the hang of it while Verne is a fricken retard.  I wanted to disown him, but Clara (got bless her sole) convinced me to come to the present to get special education for him at school.

Edited by Doc Brown