We lost out to the jets because we couldn’t offer blue chip

Vickveto

The reason we lost out on the number three pick was because we couldn’t offer a blue-chip prospect right now not because we didn’t offer more pick value...Trust me the Colts front office was haggling all day with the bills for leverage but we couldn’t offer a franchise prospect at 12 blue chip prospects run out at about 7-9...  if the Browns or Giants value blue Chip prospects more than pic value The Broncos have a leg up on us...we don’t get to move up 

Just now, Vickveto said:

The reason we lost out on the number three pick was because we couldn’t offer a blue-chip prospect right now not because we didn’t offer more pick value...Trust me the Colts front office was haggling all day with the bills for leverage but we couldn’t offer a franchise prospect at 12 blue chip prospects run out at about 7-9...  if the Browns or Giants value blue Chip prospects more than pic value The Broncos have a leg up on us...we don’t get to move up 

Wat

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

Greg Gabriel @greggabe 8s9 seconds ago

Jets really never had the ammo to get to 2 unless they were willing to give up their number 1 next year.

It doesn’t matter if we have the ammo if the Browns or giants value blue Chip prospects the Broncos have a leg up on us there is only one quarterback left the Browns are taking one as well  there will be a blue chip prospect at five there maybe will be one at 12 

3 minutes ago, Vickveto said:

How do you know we lost out on 3.  Maybe 1 or 2 is the ultimate goal that Beane is working on right now.

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Wat

A prospect that they believe is going to be a franchise player that’s why the coach traded with the Jets because at six there is still a franchise prospect available not at 12 most people believe the Jets offered more that’s not the case they could just offer a blue-chip prospect 

Just now, Vickveto said:

A prospect that they believe is going to be a franchise player that’s why the coach traded with the Jets because at six there is still a franchise prospect available not at 12 most people believe the Jets offered more that’s not the case they could just offer a blue-chip prospect 

Who the heck are most people? You and your 3 other posts? There is zero evidence we were in a bidding war, just stop this

Just now, Zebrastripes said:

How do you know we lost out on 3.  Maybe 1 or 2 is the ultimate goal that Beane is working on right now.

That could very well be the case but like I said if the Browns or the Giants want a franchise prospect the Broncos have a leg up on us I was just pointing that out I believe we lost out on three 

4 minutes ago, Vickveto said:

"Trust me" is a no brainer.  That's what we were told by the Bills every time they picked the likes of EJ Manuel, Losman, Mike Williams etc. etc. etc.

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

Who the heck are most people? You and your 3 other posts? There is zero evidence we were in a bidding war, just stop this

If you think the Colts didn’t shop the pick I think you’re nuts. You think they just excepted the first. Offer that was handed to them ?

8 minutes ago, Vickveto said:

Some people are better off not posting until after their first cup of coffee (or beer).

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Vickveto said:

It doesn’t matter if we have the ammo if the Browns or giants value blue Chip prospects the Broncos have a leg up on us there is only one quarterback left the Browns are taking one as well  there will be a blue chip prospect at five there maybe will be one at 12 

The Bills will get to #2

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

....Bills Scouting Staff has 17+ staffers, many of which are league wide personnel execs including McBeane, with probably a $3.5 mil payroll......and not ONE resume' said "former TBD poster".....shocking isn't it?....bypassing this mecca of expertise is well beyond me........

1 minute ago, Vickveto said:

Makes sense.  And they threw in a haul to merely jump Cleveland and Denver.  Indy signaled they are unlikely to go qb. 

I personally think there will be 3 QBs gone by 12. Cleveland - Darnold

jets - Rosen 

Broncos -Allen 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ndirish1978 said:

So now it goes from "most people" to your assumption. I really enjoy it when people overgeneralize and then backtrack

What did I backtrack about? I just read over 10  pages of bills fans talking about the jets trade I’m not overgeneralizing anything