Mccown to Jets

9 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Jacksonville just signed Bortles to a big extension. Arizona just signed Bradford for $20 million per year. Cleveland has Tyrod and whatever rookie they draft. Miami is paying Tannehill. Jets have McCown and whatever rookie they draft. None of those teams will offer him starting money or a legitimate chance at the starting job.

I said compete

Isn't Bridgewater going to get like $15 million? I guess I have no clue. But even if he gets $10 million do the Jets want to spend $20 million on 2 backups and still draft someone high? Doesn't make sense to me. This is a perplexing move for sure.

Edited by HappyDays

6 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I would think it makes the Jets less appealing to Bridgewater.

Maybe, maybe not. 

What other texam is left left right now without a starting QB? The Bills? I can't think of anyone else offhand. 

Id imagine he'd probably see his chances at starting for the Jets sometime next season, for the often injured and 39yr old Josh McCown, as pretty good. 

If the Jets tell him that they see him as their potential long term starter but want to work him back slowly, he could sign there. It depends on if he sees a better opportunity elsewhere I guess. As of now I don't see too many, but that can change quickly in the NFL.

Itll be interesting to see what happens in NY, that's for sure. If they sign Bridgewater, I'm hoping that means they won't go as hard after a QB in the draft. 

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Isn't Bridgewater going to get like $15 million? I guess I have no clue. But even if he gets $10 million do the Jets want to spend $20 million on 2 backups and still draft someone high? Doesn't make sense to me. This is a perplexing move for sure.

I hope he does sign there and they decide not to go QB with pick 6 or attempt a trade up! 

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

Maybe, maybe not. 

What other texam is left left right now without a starting QB? The Bills? I can't think of anyone else offhand. 

Id imagine he'd probably see his chances at starting for the Jets sometime next season, for the often injured and 39yr old Josh McCown, as pretty good. 

If the Jets tell him that they see him as their potential long term starter but want to work him back slowly, he could sign there. It depends on if he sees a better opportunity elsewhere I guess. As of now I don't see too many, but that can change quickly in the NFL.

Itll be interesting to see what happens in NY, that's for sure. If they sign Bridgewater, I'm hoping that means they won't go as hard after a QB in the draft. 

All good points. I was going under the assumption that the Jets will still bring in a rookie QB.  I just find it hard to believe that Bowles and Maccagnan are going to hitch their wagon to Bridgewater. They both have to be on short leashes. If they did sign Bridgewater I could see them trade down and go for one of the lesser heralded QBs in the draft.

Whatever happens the QB carousel this year has been very interesting. And we still have over a month to go before the dust settles.

6 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

All good points. I was going under the assumption that the Jets will still bring in a rookie QB.  I just find it hard to believe that Bowles and Maccagnan are going to hitch their wagon to Bridgewater. They both have to be on short leashes. If they did sign Bridgewater I could see them trade down and go for one of the lesser heralded QBs in the draft.

Whatever happens the QB carousel this year has been very interesting. And we still have over a month to go before the dust settles.

Being on a short leash could also be a reason to go with a QB further along in his development like Bridgewater.

I think the Jets will probably still go QB at 6 too. 

Im just looking for possible reasons for them to not do that, is all! lol

I want both the Jets and Broncos to be satisfied enough with their QB situations that they feel no need to try and trade up, or even better pass on a QB in the top 5 all together! I know it's probably unlikely but I can hope... 

• Like (+1) 1