Best QB available.

IMHO ... The Bills are planning on going after an established NFL QB ... Foles, Keenum, Luck, Cousins, whoever ... I have no idea who, but I'll "trust the process"

My reasoning is that we just shipped off TT (a move I applaud) so that is a CLEAR signal to EVERYONE that we are going after a QB in the near future. Trying to trade up in the draft for "your guy" is a pretty risky endeavor ... aside from drafting a player is pretty much a 50% 50% chance of hitting big ... you have to find a draft partner who is willing to deal, and unless you have the #1 choice, you have to worry about your guy falling to a spot you can draft him. I think the brain trust at OBD sees the value of a bird in the hand being worth two in the bush.

My bold prediction is ....

We were the team that offered the Eagles the 2nd rounder for Foles ... they countered with a "no, but close ... you have to sweeten the deal a bit". This exchange prodded the Bills to expedite trading TT for a bit more "draft capital" in order to "sweeten the deal".

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Nick Foles is still my number 1 guy. I think he has shown, at times, do be an above average starter in this league. But I think the plan now is to move up in the top 5 of the draft. Getting a 3rd (almost a 2nd) for tyrod was absolutely huge. Move up and draft Mayfield. Love that kid.

What about Fole do you like???

How does this scream Trade for me

7 games

56.6 Comp %

537 yards

5.3 YPA

5 TDs

2 INTs

5 Sacks 

we just moved that type of player for a 3rd

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

7 games

56.6 Comp %

537 yards

5.3 YPA

5 TDs

2 INTs

Nick Foles stats
Career stats
Year
Team
CMP%
YDS
TD
INT
Rating

Career

5 Sacks 

tell me this is the answer in Buffalo Ha Ha Ha 

This is what I'm looking at. When Foles has had the opportunity in the NFL (not college) he has done well enough to trade for.

37 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Totally.  A team facing Brady in a game like say the superbowl has no chance with a retread like foles.  Ha

I'm with him.  Sign a vet and take best available with 21 or 22 and load this team up with talent. 

Blind squirrels find nuts every now and then too.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

What about Fole do you like???

7 games

56.6 Comp %

537 yards

5.3 YPA

5 TDs

2 INTs

5 Sacks 

we just moved that type of player for a 3rd

https://mobile.twitter.com/CrossingBroad/status/958186585387950080/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcbssports.cbsi.com%2Fremote.html%3F1519774160068

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Bornafan66 said:

This is what I'm looking at. When Foles has had the opportunity in the NFL (not college) he has done well enough to trade for.

So alot of TT years. Except in 2013 under Chip. 

Again he is a Journeyman QB. Want Better

Just now, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Your point with this is what????

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

So alot of TT years. Except in 2013 under Chip. 

Again he is a Journeyman QB. Want Better

Your point with this is what????

Really? If I have to explain to you that those are high quality starter numbers, nothing like tyrods numbers, then to you I bid a good day. Good day sir

Really? If I have to explain to you that those are high quality starter numbers, nothing like tyrods numbers, then to you I bid a good day. Good day sir

7 games

56.6 Comp %

537 yards

5.3 YPA

5 TDs

2 INTs

5 Sacks 

those are High Quality Starter Numbers. Really????

want TT numbers again?

Edited by MAJBobby

Not only is trading up the right thing to do... but after all these YEARS of mediocrity at QB, I think we deserve a lot better there. Watching football is just more fun when you have a real QB. Dare to be great, McBeane!

12 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Another Andrew Luck post? There shouldn't even be one. He's reportedly ready to roll this season. Reich is not outing him for anything. Nor should he.

Look at the Colts position. It is a total rebuild. They have the #3 pick in a deep QB class. Dumping 75 Million, and grabbing two more first rounders is a smart move when dealing low.

For the Bills it's a better gamble than Cousins, Foles or a rookie.

and there is a connection

• Like (+1) 2

I said good day

Got it. You love those numbers. Point is they are not High Quality Starter numbers. 

He is a Journeyman Middling QB. We just traded away a Middling QB. 

WANT BETTER 

19 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Another Andrew Luck post? There shouldn't even be one. He's reportedly ready to roll this season. Reich is not outing him for anything. Nor should he.

...besides with the Pack trading for Kizer, let's may a play for Rodgers instead.........

• Like (+1) 1

Got it. You love those numbers. Point is they are not High Quality Starter numbers. 

He is a Journeyman Middling QB. We just traded away a Middling QB. 

WANT BETTER 

Who is better? Don’t even bring up any of these guys coming out in the draft because they’ve never even thrown a pass in the league. Did you watch foles in the playoffs? The three biggest games of his career and he absolutely lit it up. And what 7 games were your stats from? It’s easy to nitpick and pull random stats out of your ass to try to make your argument. His year in St. Louis is largely forgettable and his year in Kansas City he barely saw the field. Besides that, he’s looked pretty good in his career in Philly. Did you even open the link I posted? Those are not Tyrod Taylor numbers...

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Who is better? Don’t even bring up any of these guys coming out in the draft because they’ve never even thrown a pass in the league. Did you watch foles in the playoffs? The three biggest games of his career and he absolutely lit it up. And what 7 games were your stats from? It’s easy to nitpick and pull random stats out of your ass to try to make your argument. His year in St. Louis is largely forgettable and his year in Kansas City he barely saw the field. Besides that, he’s looked pretty good in his career in Philly. Did you even open the link I posted? Those are not Tyrod Taylor numbers...

Sure you are better prospects (yes i can use the draft because 98% of the time that is where a team finds its long term answer)

Cousins 

Rosen

Darnold

Mayfield

Those 7 games are this year regular season. Not cherry picking stats.

his entire Career on his three teams has been AVG at best and his best year was 2013 under Chip. 

That is the definition of a MIDDLING QB. 

We just traded that

Edited by MAJBobby

Those 7 games are this year regular season. Not cherry picking stats.

his entire Career on his three teams has been AVG at best and his best year was 2013 under Chip. 

That is the definition of a MIDDLING QB. 

We just traded that

He only started 3 games last year. And the last game he played one series I believe. Look at his 2nd year in Philly 

Or look at his 3 starts in the playoffs. Those are what really matters 

1 minute ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

He only started 3 games last year. And the last game he played one series I believe. Look at his 2nd year in Philly 

Wrong 

played 7 last year. 

http://www.nfl.com/player/nickfoles/2532842/gamelogs

And yes I said he had One good year with Chip Kelly in 2013. 

So again a Middling QB

Sooooo instead of an unproven commodity at qb you go after Keenum, savage and bridgewater for guys 3-5 on your list?

foles I can at least buy as having a couple successful stints.

If docs clear luck that’s different... but you put savage at the top of the rookie class in what he’s proven? 

1 hour ago, Bornafan66 said:

I just don't understand all the love for moving up in the draft to get our QB.  If I'm the GM or owner I have the attitude that I'm building this team to beat the Patriots. Best team in the division, best team in the AFC, best team in the league. I don't go after an unproven commodity. That being said; I go after Foles first, if I can't get him, Andrew Luck, he dosent seem happy in Indy and they need everything. If they don't work out. I get Keenum, if that doesn't happen, I try to find a "bridge" guy.  Maybe Tom Savage, Bradford, or Teddy. 

I draft the best DT available. You beat the Patsies with pressure right up the middle.  Then I find an edge rusher.  There are going to be QB's falling in the draft.  

You must still be drunk from last night.

1 hour ago, Bornafan66 said:

I just don't understand all the love for moving up in the draft to get our QB.  If I'm the GM or owner I have the attitude that I'm building this team to beat the Patriots. Best team in the division, best team in the AFC, best team in the league. I don't go after an unproven commodity. That being said; I go after Foles first, if I can't get him, Andrew Luck, he dosent seem happy in Indy and they need everything. If they don't work out. I get Keenum, if that doesn't happen, I try to find a "bridge" guy.  Maybe Tom Savage, Bradford, or Teddy. 

I draft the best DT available. You beat the Patsies with pressure right up the middle.  Then I find an edge rusher.  There are going to be QB's falling in the draft.  

If you don’t understand why it’s important to move up in the draft to get your franchise QB, I cannot help you.

• Like (+1) 1