What you’d like to see next besides up for QB

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Maybe in average annual value but not cap space

You really think they are gonna blow there chance this year at a few compensatory picks for next year?  They could have a good number of picks next year (already have 9) and a ton of cap space to fill in the rest of the gaps.  I think it'd be a mistake to not get the compensatory picks.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

You really think they are gonna blow there chance this year at a few compensatory picks for next year?  They could have a good number of picks next year (already have 9) and a ton of cap space to fill in the rest of the gaps.  I think it'd be a mistake to not get the compensatory picks.

Maybe not but I think that they will try to plug these holes because they need the draft picks. I don’t think that the Bills want to take a step back. I believe that they want to build on this momentum. The Davis and Ivory signing support that too. My guess is that they continue to try to upgrade the holes on the roster by throwing some money at it.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Maybe not but I think that they will try to plug these holes because they need the draft picks. I don’t think that the Bills want to take a step back. I believe that they want to build on this momentum. The Davis and Ivory signing support that too. My guess is that they continue to try to upgrade the holes on the roster by throwing some money at it.

Those moves also support that they are trying to avoid losing compensatory picks to bring in talent now. There are other ways they can bring in talent this year.

20 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Those moves also support that they are trying to avoid losing compensatory picks to bring in talent now. There are other ways they can bring in talent this year.

That’s certainly fair. I just keep going back to this year when they punted on the Comp picks. I think that it will be a factor but not a deal breaker if that makes sense?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s certainly fair. I just keep going back to this year when they punted on the Comp picks this year. I think that it will be a factor but not a deal breaker if that makes sense?

I understand but this is a process.  I don't think they want to spend all of their money this year until they know what they need to put around the QB.  Philly waited to spend money and trade for guys until year 2 once they knew what Wentz utilized most.  

Richardson.  A FA and/or drafted QB needs a WR who can stretch the field.  Richardson can and is also good at making contested catches.  With Benjamin healthy and Zay over the dropsied (hopefully), that would be a nice top 3.

Edited by purple haze

13 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

I understand but this is a process.  I don't think they want to spend all of their money this year until they know what they need to put around the QB.  Philly waited to spend money and trade for guys until year 2 once they knew what Wentz utilized most.  

I’d buy this if they didn’t have $90M in space in 2019. They have already cleared the deck. They can add anyone that they want over the next 2 years. They know the strengths and weaknesses of the team and will do their best to plug those holes. 

As an example I think that the Bills know that the pass rush needs to get a lot better. There aren’t a ton of options to do that this year barring a trade. That is something that they address next year. At the same time they need a space eater at DT. This is a good time to get that guy. They will work to check skill sets off the “needs” list.

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d buy this if they didn’t have $90M in space in 2019. They have already cleared the deck. They can add anyone that they want over the next 2 years. They know the strengths and weaknesses of the team and will do their best to plug those holes. 

As an example I think that the Bills know that the pass rush needs to get a lot better. There aren’t a ton of options to do that this year barring a trade. That is something that they address next year. At the same time they need a space eater at DT. This is a good time to get that guy. They will work to check skill sets off the “needs” list.

Agreed that this class is heavier at certain positions but I don't know if they will be jumping on the compensatory train or not next year.  To me, that is a great option.  More talent and still all the cap room.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Agreed that this class is heavier at certain positions but I don't know if they will be jumping on the compensatory train or not next year.  To me, that is a great option.  More talent and still all the cap room.

I think that the Bills have a long-term plan as well. The 2019 draft has a chance to be historically good on the DL. I’m sure that the Bills are thinking that’s a great place to upgrade their pass rush. This year is a terrible year to have those needs. At the same time this QB class appears to be well ahead of next years so they are trying to get their guy now. It’s like the “reverse EJ strategy.”

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that the Bills have a long-term plan as well. The 2019 draft has a chance to be historically good on the DL. I’m sure that the Bills are thinking that’s a great place to upgrade their pass rush. This year is a terrible year to have those needs. At the same time this QB class appears to be well ahead of next years so they are trying to get their guy now. It’s like the “reverse EJ strategy.”

My thoughts are that they get as many guys as they can that don't go against the compensatory picks, they get their QB through the draft and whatever picks they have left use to fill some of the needs.  We have 9 picks this year in the first 5 rounds.  Even if it takes a massive haul to trade up, they will still have a good deal of picks to add talent to this team.  They've already added 3 players.  They can pick up guys that don't count against the cap this year that are still good.  They can also be on the lookout for more player trades.  I just think that we can get a small ransom of draft picks next year for our free agents that leave.  We already have 9 draft picks next year and I'm sure some of those picks will be traded but adding another 2 or 3 picks would be huge in this rebuilding process.  That along with a lot of cap space next year would be just what the doctor ordered for a team close to tasting a contender.  This is the formula that the Eagles used.  Gaines could get a nice pick, Brown and Mathews could also bring in something.  We will see though, I'm excited.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

I've heard Poe is expected to get potentially over 10.  The two would cost closer to 20 combined IMO

I'm sure McDermott will ask Reid about Poe and not sure he'd give a glowing report.I'd go after Star or Daquan Jones before Poe.

Edited by The Jokeman

Andrew Norwell, G Carolina

Ryan Jensen, C Baltimore

NaVorro Bowman MLB

Bring back Glenn, sign these two and they have the best OL in NFL.  That is how you win with a rookie QB, Shady, and Ivory.

Get young on defense through the draft.

Add Bowman for vet leadership

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Sign DaQuan Jones at DT and Anthony Hitchens at LB.

Trade a 4th or 5th round pick for Travis Benjamin or Martavis Bryant.

Sign Mike Mitchell at safety.

Re-sign Leonard Johnson and Kyle Williams.

Call it an offseason until street FA season starts June 1st

Mike Mitchell?? What's wrong with Poyer/Hyde?? I know depth at the position is a need, but get one that's more economical.

44 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Mike Mitchell?? What's wrong with Poyer/Hyde?? I know depth at the position is a need, but get one that's more economical.

How much do you think a safety that's over 30 with zero pro bowl appearances cut by a team with a serious need at the position will cost?

Not being snarky; asking out of curiosity 

17 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

How much do you think a safety that's over 30 with zero pro bowl appearances cut by a team with a serious need at the position will cost?

Not being snarky; asking out of curiosity 

I'm just wondering if he'd be willing to come off the bench? I was thinking more of a role player, not monetarily