Rumor: L.Jackson 2nd QB on Bills Board

14 hours ago, H2o said:

I've seen him play....a lot. I don't agree with this assessment at all. 

13 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

Are you talking about Jackson? You are right, Jackson will be the biggest bust in the draft.

I know this won't change your opinions, but I had to put it out there.

https://insidethepylon.com/nfl/2018-nfl-draft/2018/02/26/defendants-reply-brief-big-draft-versus-lamar-jackson/

6 minutes ago, the skycap said:

I know this won't change your opinions, but I had to put it out there.

https://insidethepylon.com/nfl/2018-nfl-draft/2018/02/26/defendants-reply-brief-big-draft-versus-lamar-jackson/

Correct you are my friend, it will not change my opinion. I admit the guy is an absolutely electric athlete. I have said this time and time again. I just don't see him as an NFL QB no matter how anyone breaks it down. In the NFL you are against the biggest, fastest, strongest, and hardest hitting players to come from college week in and week out. They are also smarter and more developed than the guys he faced in college. Lamar is under 220lbs and he runs around a lot. He's not gonna get away with the things he got away with in college. He is wildly inconsistent throwing the football. His decision making is the same at times. He is the least accurate of all of the top prospects throwing the deep ball. This isn't college and he isn't Cam. He's not a 6'5", 250lb grown man moving around out there. He's not Mike Vick as Vick was a better passer. Someone will take that chance and play him at QB, I just hope to God it's not us. 

21 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

4 Interceptions in the 2017 Taxslayer Bowl says it all. Jackson pads stats against poor teams, just like Tyrod.

Yep.. He had 7 - 300 yard passing games in 2017 and 4 of those seven were for losses. garbage time yds. In his college career he had 10 300 yd plus games and 5 of them were for losses.

Add in his weaker than expected arm / velocity accuracy issues mechanics etc... I wouldn't touch jackson till day 3. He be a great utility player if he was willing to play some WR or slash like QB but you don't waste a 1st rd pick on a gimmick athlete QB

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Teams see Lamar Jackson as a wide receiver

Buying or selling? Selling

Way too much is being made about what a select few evaluators (past or present) might think about this highly-decorated college passer. And for every team that might want to see him work out at receiver drills (because, you know, those teams are not in the market for a QB themselves) there are plenty more QB-needy teams who want to see nothing else but Jackson throwing the ball. He's going to be selected in the first round and will be given every opportunity to play quarterback for a living, and I like his chances of proving his loud detractors quite wrong. It's a waste of breath and column space to opine about what other positions this exceptional athlete can play because he'll be drafted with the expectation of being a franchise quarterback one day.   Jason La Canfora

7 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

4 Interceptions in the 2017 Taxslayer Bowl says it all. Jackson pads stats against poor teams, just like Tyrod.

But Josh Rosen 0 TD, 3 INT game against Arizona mean nothing? At least Jackson's Louisville team still had a chance to win the game despite his 4 INTs.

On 3/6/2018 at 4:43 PM, HappyDays said:

There was a study a few years ago which found mobile QBs do not actually suffer more injuries than traditional pocket QBs. Russell Wilson, Kaepernick, Cam Newton haven't been injured much. While pocket QBs like Roethlisberger, Wentz, and Palmer have been injured lately. Then you have a guy like Aaron Rodgers who can be both and he's been injured a couple times. There's no consistency to it.

I think this actually makes a ton of sense.  RB are used to getting hit, and they know how to take a hit without getting trashed.  Barring an outright mugging like Tyrod was subjected to in Jax (facemask followed by body slam), guys who are running are generally aware of their surroundings, where the defenders are, and prepared to get hit.  In addition, QB can "give themselves up" and slide for extra protection.

But a QB in the pocket, focused on throwing downfield, has to focus on his throw and maintaining throwing form.  If he's good, he knows where the pressure is and to some extent can avoid it, but ultimately he needs to focus on making the throw and taking care of the ball, not taking the hit.  And IMO very immobile QB such as Bradford who have a meh ability  to sense and avoid pressure, are most vulnerable.